***Auburn 52 Arkansas 20 -- Postgame Thread***

RunInRed

Just now, DAG said:

It is going to feel like this until we go into the UGA game 8-2. That is the road to redemption.

I agree.  What I hate about the whole situation though is even if Gus found a way to beat UGA and bama (which he won't) then we can all think about what might have been had he not wet the bed against LSU. 

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Should be 7-1, top 10, still talking playoff going into the bye ?

we win out we will still be talking playoffs

Just now, NoALtiger said:

I’m so glad the coaches took a beating all week because it seemed like they got their heads out of the sand and were smart about things. Obviously lots of good things across the board and we should go to aTm ready to roll. Let’s have a productive off week and finish this thing. 

He will mess it up again. Will he allow Chip to get credited with the performance and play calling this week. IT makes him look bad. He threw Lindsey under the bus last week. Will his ego let him admit Chip is better than him?

Just now, OnthePlains said:

No

You kidding me. we finish the season beating texas and am,  the number 3 team, number 1 team, and then the number 3 team again we will be in the playoffs.

1 minute ago, OnthePlains said:

I agree.  What I hate about the whole situation though is even if Gus found a way to beat UGA and bama (which he won't) then we can all think about what might have been had he not wet the bed against LSU. 

Yep...but that would be a step in the right direction. Like I said before, for me, he needs to beat both. For the brass, I think if he wins just 9 games he will be safe. Can't-lose both UGA, Bama and the bowl game.

Just now, Farmer Brown said:

What are you smoking. LOL

you really think beating Bama, and Georgia twice wouldn't get us a spot?

Just now, shabby said:

Do you think that this team with Gustard as head coach, can do that? I don't, based on the last seven games.

1 minute ago, shabby said:

It might not. ND , Penn State, Clemson and TCU. We will need help

I'm with you, would love to see that happen. I hope it does.

6 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Personally, the more we win, the more that LSU loss will hurt 

Just now, DAG said:

It might not. ND , Penn State, Clemson and TCU 

likely one of those teams will pick up another loss. but sure, it's possible. I think the odds us of running the trifecta re next to nil but its still a possibility/

2 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

Do you think that this team with Gustard as head coach, can do that? I don't, based on the last seven games.

no one said they would. i'm just stating that auburn aint out of contention until they get another loss

You kidding me. we finish the season beating texas and am,  the number 3 team, number 1 team, and then the number 3 team again we will be in the playoffs.

A one loss or unbeaten Big 10 champ is in and likely, a one loss Clemson is in and likely, a one loss Oklahoma team is in with that road win over OSU, a one loss Notre Dame team is in, if its Washington then a one loss Pac-12 champ might get in over us plus by the time LSU loses to bama and possibly A&M that loss will look worse than it does now.  Not to mention its not as if Auburn always gets the benefit of the doubt in those situations.  No 2 loss team has made playoff yet and I don't think there is any guarantee it happens this year.  Plus.....we ain't winning out anyway...

Just now, shabby said:

likely one of those teams will pick up another loss. but sure, it's possible. I think the odds us of running the trifecta re next to nil but its still a possibility/

Maybe, but it is not a sure thing a 2 loss team will make it to the playoffs. Especially us, who lost to LSU. That is not a good mark on our schedule.

2 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

I don't think this team with Nick freaking Saban can do that.

We've beaten one team from a power 5 conference with a winning record. Please place those playoff thoughts on hold. 

Congrats to the entire team, the guys looked really looked good out there tonight. The coaches called a good game too for the most part on both sides of the ball. I liked the way they stayed aggressive for most of the game. Glad to see Pettway back. Good job all around and now they get some much needed rest. Way to go team. WDE

I would like to see the offensive line drive their man until the whistle....too many times after their initial hit, they are standing and looking around.....'get down and dirty'

Archived