Null

Apraser99

Demographic Curiosity

On 1/4/2018 at 10:27 PM, weathergeakal said:

Male

Trussville,AL

Dad & Grandad went to AU. Dont think I am going to AU due to what I want to do (Sports Broadcasting) isnt huge there. Im looking more at UGA and Mizzou.

http://www.cla.auburn.edu/cmjn/journalism/curriculum-areas-of-emphasis/broadcast-journalism/

C'mon girl!

Just now, triangletiger said:

Girl?

Oops, sorry.  I read the name as ending with "gal" instead of "kal."

• Haha 3

On 1/4/2018 at 10:27 PM, weathergeakal said:

Male

Trussville,AL

Dad & Grandad went to AU. Dont think I am going to AU due to what I want to do (Sports Broadcasting) isnt huge there. Im looking more at UGA and Mizzou.

Glad Titan quoted this or I would have missed it.

You DO NOT want to go to Missouri. Take it from someone who spent all but his 8 year living in Auburn within 3 hours of Columbia and has numerous friends and a wife who either graduated from or at least spent a few years at Missouri. The administration at that school is a not to distant 3rd to Baylor and Michigan State on the heads up their butts scale. It's going to be years before Missouri can straighten out the mess that they created.

If you don't want to give Auburn's program a shot, head for NYU, USC, or UConn.  You're going to get a lot more opportunity for real experience in your chosen field there than you will anywhere else, since that's where all of the major sports networks are headquartered.

11 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Yeah, I could see that.  I think it's supposed to be like 'Weather Geek AL (Alabama)'

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

You DO NOT want to go to Missouri. Take it from someone who spent all but his 8 year living in Auburn within 3 hours of Columbia and has numerous friends and a wife who either graduated from or at least spent a few years at Missouri. The administration at that school is a not to distant 3rd to Baylor and Michigan State on the heads up their butts scale. It's going to be years before Missouri can straighten out the mess that they created.

If you don't want to give Auburn's program a shot, head for NYU, USC, or UConn.  You're going to get a lot more opportunity for real experience in your chosen field there than you will anywhere else, since that's where all of the major sports networks are headquartered.

My cousin is currently at Mizzou. It's not exactly a great place to be right now. The only reason she's there over Auburn is because the wait list for Nursing is ridiculous (and so is the out-of-state tuition, let's be honest). lol

7 hours ago, cole256 said:

I feel so old as far as board years.......too many arguments had, I have a life to think about now lol. I'm starting to get in trouble for playing video games now.....at work I have to make some of the most important decisions.....this isn't what I signed up for

Cole, are you going to be working at Sequoia? My nephew works there and is a nuclear engineer. He's your age and graduated from UTC as well. His name is Trevor Owens. You know him?

39 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Don't feel bad, I do that all of the time with his name.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Linayus said:

My cousin is currently at Mizzou. It's not exactly a great place to be right now. The only reason she's there over Auburn is because the wait list for Nursing is ridiculous (and so is the out-of-state tuition, let's be honest). lol

I feel for her.  I've heard that its not just Auburn that has a nursing program that is jam packed.

It sucks hard that you can't get in state tuition like you used to be able to. I know several kids who aren't at Auburn for just that reason.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Linayus said:

And for good reason! Auburn nursing grad . Seriously good luck to her

• Like 2

6 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, hutchids said:

Male

Sarasota, FL

Graduated in 2008, but sadly from another school, not from Auburn

North Port here... :cheers:

• Like 1

On 2/15/2018 at 3:54 PM, 3rdgeneration said:

Cole, are you going to be working at Sequoia? My nephew works there and is a nuclear engineer. He's your age and graduated from UTC as well. His name is Trevor Owens. You know him?

That's where I'll be working but no I haven't met him yet. I start the beginning of March. I'm going to be in operations. Is he an operator?