#48 for bammer

Swamp Eagle

Who cares? Kid got instigated into a penalty and then had half the coaching staff chew his ass out.  Then, you've got the ****ing director of player personnel (who is for some reason dicking around on the sidelines) try and do the same to get some sort of ego-boost as if he's also a coach on the team? I'd lose my s*** too.  Tempers flare, welcome to football.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Could have been some other staff person I don't know but same issue.  No coach can allow a player to hit a coach or staff person.  I believe Saban will do something but many of incidents of this type are dealt with confidentially between coach and player.

He didn't hit anyone, he elbowed Keith Holcombe and appeared to "go after" an adult in a red shirt on the sidelines.

He let his temper get the best of him, should have been sent to locker room and wasn't so he went back on the field where he took his anger and aggression out on the opponent.

2 hours ago, keesler said:

He didn't hit anyone, he elbowed Keith Holcombe and appeared to "go after" an adult in a red shirt on the sidelines..

Not according to UGA fans on Facebook.  Apparently Brown punched a player, punched the coach, pistol whipped another guy, used brass knuckles.  Apparently I missed a lot of action.

In all seriousness to the OP, I would not have let that guy back in the game.  Remember Saban kicked Foster out of the playoff game last year due to his antics, but the game was well out of hand at that point.  One thing I can proudly say is Gus would never allow that.  Like him or not, his standards are to be respected or you are gone.  

Who cares what the story is?  

It was great in that it made the Gump player look undisciplined and violent and the coaching staff look unprincipled on national television.  :thumbsup:

What I saw made me glad he is not on our team...only time will tell if it was a prompted fluke or an attitudinal  pattern. Saban's problem in all respects. He can have it.

16 hours ago, keesler said:

The man is the best in the business today.  He's got some hell raisers on his team, a lot of street tough guys with bad intentions and little to no proper "raising."  Since most programs recruit from the same talent pool, I'd venture to say all programs have a few players that need to learn respect and manners.

Which excuses nothing that player did.  Sure, his demographics and raising probably contribute to his actions, but you either accept that type of behavior or you teach him there is a proper and respectable way to conduct yourself. Just because the demographics of sports has changed doesn't mean respectability and proper behavior as a society has to accept it; which seems to be what you are saying.

15 hours ago, Ber798297 said:

A little off topic but what happened to the kid that passed out on the bama sideline?

Bump

I am sure the player and the staff member made up after the game. I am also sure it will be dealt with in-house. After that, who gives a damn? He won't get kicked off the team because he is a quality player. Welcome to the real world. Another thing, I wish you guys would stop comparing NS to Gus. Half of you guys get all in a tizzy when others compare him to Gus in a critical manner, but when it fits your purpose, it is A okay.

17 hours ago, keesler said:

He didn't hit anyone, he elbowed Keith Holcombe and appeared to "go after" an adult in a red shirt on the sidelines.

"Punched" was probably not the correct word, but he definitely made contact around the guy's collarbone. Either way, it's unacceptable.  I'm not talking about you specifically, @keesler, but I see a lot of "I'll defend my kid's when they're wrong" mentality around here.

14 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Not according to UGA fans on Facebook.  Apparently Brown punched a player, punched the coach, pistol whipped another guy, used brass knuckles.  Apparently I missed a lot of action.

In all seriousness to the OP, I would not have let that guy back in the game.  Remember Saban kicked Foster out of the playoff game last year due to his antics, but the game was well out of hand at that point.  One thing I can proudly say is Gus would never allow that.  Like him or not, his standards are to be respected or you are gone.  

Why make comparison's in any aspect of those two coaches?  Their entire coaching philosophy, management style, demeanor, level of coaching football and operational set up both on and off the field are as different as night and day. 

12 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

"Punched" was probably not the correct word, but he definitely made contact around the guy's collarbone. Either way, it's unacceptable.  I'm not talking about you specifically, @keesler, but I see a lot of "I'll defend my kid's when they're wrong" mentality around here.

Totally unacceptable, no doubt he will be educated.

1 minute ago, keesler said:

Why make comparison's in any aspect of those two coaches?  Their entire coaching philosophy, management style, demeanor, level of coaching football and operational set up both on and off the field are as different as night and day. 

That is a pretty big aspect to cover though.  And something to be proud of with our program.  And FYI, I was just having fun in my response to you, the second paragraph was to the OP.

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

That is a pretty big aspect to cover though.  And something to be proud of with our program.  And FYI, I was just having fun in my response to you, the second paragraph was to the OP.

Hey no big deal man, we're good.

I just feel like there are too many comparison's made between two polar opposite head coaches and overall football programs. 

Reminds me of Saban's first year when he had suspended a WR, DJ Hall, ithink was his name, for a game against (I can't remember which team) Bama was losing at the half and guess what, the suspension was lifted. I have never cared much for or respected Saban since.

16 hours ago, milehighfan said:

Reminds me of Saban's first year when he had suspended a WR, DJ Hall, ithink was his name, for a game against (I can't remember which team) Bama was losing at the half and guess what, the suspension was lifted. I have never cared much for or respected Saban since.

Yep.

31 minutes ago, keesler said:

BOOM......PROCESSED?

Yep. Not surprised. I know we give Saban hell but he doesn't take any mess. Like i said, i didn't think Saban had any knowledge what happened until after the game. So, this really doesn't surprise me. 

44 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Yep. Not surprised. I know we give Saban hell but he doesn't take any mess. Like i said, i didn't think Saban had any knowledge what happened until after the game. So, this really doesn't surprise me. 

I'm sure it'll be chalked up to the price the midget is willing to pay for success.

39 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

Where is it being reported that Brown is transferring?  I have not seen anything about that. Thanks. 

Al.com. sorry I am link challenged 

Archived