Null

Sign in to follow this  
boomstick

Men's Roster Breakdown Through 2020.

Out of curiosity,  with Wiley, are they allowed to use a red-shirt when dealing with his suspension?  So wouldn't he be a Junior next season?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Out of curiosity,  with Wiley, are they allowed to use a red-shirt when dealing with his suspension?  So wouldn't he be a Junior next season?

Good question. I would think so, but I’m not positive. Don’t think it will matter either way, but that would be something of note if he somehow didn’t leave for the draft after next year. 

I don't think it matters if Wiley gets to use the redshirt cause he won't be around long enough to use it...but i'd be pretty surprised if NCAA allowed the use of a red-shirt year with a player is suspended. That seems like a loop hole they would have shut already

3 hours ago, gravejd said:

I don't think it matters if Wiley gets to use the redshirt cause he won't be around long enough to use it...but i'd be pretty surprised if NCAA allowed the use of a red-shirt year with a player is suspended. That seems like a loop hole they would have shut already

The rule is a player has five years to play four. There is no reason at all why Wiley's 2017/18 season isn't a redshirt year. Like you said, it probably won't matter unless he suffers an injury of some sort, but suspension and the Five to Play Four rule are entirely different matters. There's no qualification on why a player didn't play. If he didn't play, the season counts as a redshirt season.

Updated the chart in the OP to reflect the Heron news. I don't expect him to return, although it seems technically possible since he hasn't yet signed with an agent.

The chart in the OP has been updated to reflect the Murray news. We should start hearing some names of recruits and transfers pop up over the next few weeks.

Edited by boomstick

Thanks for the update....The big kid from Georgia...class of 2018 or maybe 2019 is not on the chart....is there a reason? or perhaps because we don't know when he might arrive? 

Still a lot of holes to fill to have a real 40 minute team.  Will be interesting to see what happens in recruiting....guessing some things should happen pretty soon.   I don't see an indication of a summer excursion like last year but would be good for incoming players to be here for the summer.

And, did not realize Dunbar would be a senior...was thinking due to his inconsistent play that he was a freshman last year.  Oh well, maybe in year 2 he will play more under control.  He was  exciting for sure but you never knew what he might do.   

42 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Thanks for the update....The big kid from Georgia...class of 2018 or maybe 2019 is not on the chart....is there a reason? or perhaps because we don't know when he might arrive? 

Still a lot of holes to fill to have a real 40 minute team.  Will be interesting to see what happens in recruiting....guessing some things should happen pretty soon.   I don't see an indication of a summer excursion like last year but would be good for incoming players to be here for the summer.

And, did not realize Dunbar would be a senior...was thinking due to his inconsistent play that he was a freshman last year.  Oh well, maybe in year 2 he will play more under control.  He was  exciting for sure but you never knew what he might do.   

I was waiting on a decision on Stretch before adding him. I’m almost positive he’s going to reclassify and be on the roster next season but didn’t want to jump the gun.