Null



Sign in to follow this  
boomstick

Men's Roster Breakdown Through 2020.

Recommended Posts

Out of curiosity,  with Wiley, are they allowed to use a red-shirt when dealing with his suspension?  So wouldn't he be a Junior next season?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




4 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Out of curiosity,  with Wiley, are they allowed to use a red-shirt when dealing with his suspension?  So wouldn't he be a Junior next season?

Good question. I would think so, but I’m not positive. Don’t think it will matter either way, but that would be something of note if he somehow didn’t leave for the draft after next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think it matters if Wiley gets to use the redshirt cause he won't be around long enough to use it...but i'd be pretty surprised if NCAA allowed the use of a red-shirt year with a player is suspended. That seems like a loop hole they would have shut already

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gravejd said:

I don't think it matters if Wiley gets to use the redshirt cause he won't be around long enough to use it...but i'd be pretty surprised if NCAA allowed the use of a red-shirt year with a player is suspended. That seems like a loop hole they would have shut already

 

The rule is a player has five years to play four. There is no reason at all why Wiley's 2017/18 season isn't a redshirt year. Like you said, it probably won't matter unless he suffers an injury of some sort, but suspension and the Five to Play Four rule are entirely different matters. There's no qualification on why a player didn't play. If he didn't play, the season counts as a redshirt season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated the chart in the OP to reflect the Heron news. I don't expect him to return, although it seems technically possible since he hasn't yet signed with an agent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The chart in the OP has been updated to reflect the Murray news. We should start hearing some names of recruits and transfers pop up over the next few weeks.

Edited by boomstick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the update....The big kid from Georgia...class of 2018 or maybe 2019 is not on the chart....is there a reason? or perhaps because we don't know when he might arrive? 

Still a lot of holes to fill to have a real 40 minute team.  Will be interesting to see what happens in recruiting....guessing some things should happen pretty soon.   I don't see an indication of a summer excursion like last year but would be good for incoming players to be here for the summer.

And, did not realize Dunbar would be a senior...was thinking due to his inconsistent play that he was a freshman last year.  Oh well, maybe in year 2 he will play more under control.  He was  exciting for sure but you never knew what he might do.   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Thanks for the update....The big kid from Georgia...class of 2018 or maybe 2019 is not on the chart....is there a reason? or perhaps because we don't know when he might arrive? 

Still a lot of holes to fill to have a real 40 minute team.  Will be interesting to see what happens in recruiting....guessing some things should happen pretty soon.   I don't see an indication of a summer excursion like last year but would be good for incoming players to be here for the summer.

And, did not realize Dunbar would be a senior...was thinking due to his inconsistent play that he was a freshman last year.  Oh well, maybe in year 2 he will play more under control.  He was  exciting for sure but you never knew what he might do.   

 

I was waiting on a decision on Stretch before adding him. I’m almost positive he’s going to reclassify and be on the roster next season but didn’t want to jump the gun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are we looking at anybody who can play the 1 (point guard) for next year? Harper is going to be our only one next year as it stands. Was curious of the chances that we are going to bring in a grad transfer or incoming freshman to give us some depth behind Harper next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, WarEagle2423 said:

Are we looking at anybody who can play the 1 (point guard) for next year? Harper is going to be our only one next year as it stands. Was curious of the chances that we are going to bring in a grad transfer or incoming freshman to give us some depth behind Harper next year. 

We are in the market for a GT PG/CG. We were looking at Justin Coleman, but he ended up at Arizona. Gotta find somebody willing to be a 5-8 mpg type guy to fill that minor hole in the roster. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So basically we are trading out Heron, Mitchell and Murray for Wiley, Purifoy and Doughty to the rotation......I like it

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I updated the chart in the OP. We don't have a scholarship freshman on the roster for the 2018-2019 season unless Stretch reclassifies, which now doesn't seem as likely. That puts a HUGE emphasis on this 2019 class, which just so happens to be loaded with talent. We will lose 3 seniors, and I think it's likely that Wiley and Purifoy will move on after this season. And I believe we will be short two scholarship players going into the season. So, that could be a total of 7 scholarships available for the 2019-2020 season. We're probably going to take at least 4 HS recruits in this upcoming class and still a transfer/grad transfer or two.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we are going to take 4-5 HS seniors any news on ones we seem to have a legitimate interest in and in which the interest is reciprocated. I have only seen the one PF so far as a possibility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

If we are going to take 4-5 HS seniors any news on ones we seem to have a legitimate interest in and in which the interest is reciprocated. I have only seen the one PF so far as a possibility.

Issac Okoro, Jaylin Williams, and Kobe Brown are three names to watch. Akingbola is committed now and will likely be in that class. Still probably need another HS kind and a  couple of veteran transfers to go along with that freshman group.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2018 at 1:05 PM, AUDub said:

We are in the market for a GT PG/CG. We were looking at Justin Coleman, but he ended up at Arizona. Gotta find somebody willing to be a 5-8 mpg type guy to fill that minor hole in the roster. 

Geez that's terrible gas mileage.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Update chart to include Okoro

No point putting commits on there til they enroll at AU. If you notice Stretch Akingbo is not on there either & he's been committed a very long time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely an interesting topic. Thing about competitive college bball like we just saw this past offseason is that there's no real predicting the roster for the future. Kids will leave for the draft or transfer in a heart beat if they feel like it. So in some ways this is a bit mute, but you also gotta plan for the future. I can foresee a scenario where 2019 is a rebuilding year (for Bruce's standards) and I can also see a scenario where it's another, hopefully, dominant team. A lot of it depends on what Harper and Chuma decide to do. We keep those guys and add the pieces that we're adding in the 19 recruiting class, and we'll have another great team. Lose both of them and it gets dicey. 2020 is just too far ahead to speculate about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this