Men vs Alabama

tgrogan21

Pearl made the same mistake after beating Alabama 2 weeks ago as Malzahn made after beating Georgia in Auburn this year: they both declared afterward "We beat their ass!".

It came back to haunt Malzahn, and now it has come back to haunt Pearl..

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, KolchakAU85 said:

The team hasn't quit, they just plainly and simply don't have the personnel to get the ball down low and rebound.  They depend too much on the perimeter shot.

Bryce Brown has been terrible today.  In fact, he's been terrible for every game except one the past 3 weeks.

We lack size, but we absolutely can rebound.  Have been doing it all year.  Think it we had about 5-6 offensive boards in the first half alone.  The effort in the second half compared to the first has been lacking.  That's the biggest difference I see, and Bruce called it out in the huddle with the guys.

1 minute ago, KolchakAU85 said:

The team hasn't quit, they just plainly and simply don't have the personnel to get the ball down low and rebound.  They depend too much on the perimeter shot.

Bryce Brown has been terrible today.  In fact, he's been terrible for every game except one the past 3 weeks.

First part of this isn’t true. We out rebounded them in the first half. Brown looks utterly dejected and no one can hit a shot. Anything. Mustapha missed a layup. It just seems like a very Auburn thing to do this on the biggest stage you’ve had all year against your arch rival 

Just now, AU Is Gold said:

I need someone to give an answer. What is going on with this announcer and his love for Alabama? 

:puke:

I had to finally mute it.

1 minute ago, AU Is Gold said:

I need someone to give an answer. What is going on with this announcer and his love for Alabama? 

They're playing great.  We're playing awful.  What should they be saying?

i think we have won too many games to be called a doormat.......

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

They're playing great.  We're playing awful.  What should they be saying?

All the "roll" tide references, constantly. He has a strong love for Alabama. You are blind if you can't see that. He was doing that when they were down 10.

1 minute ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

First part of this isn’t true. We out rebounded them in the first half. Brown looks utterly dejected and no one can hit a shot. Anything. Mustapha missed a layup. It just seems like a very Auburn thing to do this on the biggest stage you’ve had all year against your arch rival 

We out rebounded them in the first half, maybe because we hit a lot of shots and there were fewer available defensive rebounds for Alabama.  I don't know.  Our lack of an inside game is pathetic.  They dunk over us, and we can't even get off a shot inside the paint.

We played well in the first half considering the shooting %. I don't know what happened in the second. 

Just now, AU Is Gold said:

All the "roll" tide references, constantly. He has a strong love for Alabama. You are blind if you can't see that. He was doing that when they were down 10.

They were praising us like crazy in the first half.  When someone is running your out of the gym 35-11 for the half, you're going to be singing their praises.  Sorry, if we play better it will change.

I love AU and always will, but ATM this is sickening.  We've shown no life in the 2nd half.

1 minute ago, autigeremt said:

We played well in the first half considering the shooting %. I don't know what happened in the second. 

They are on fire shooting.

1 minute ago, AU Is Gold said:

It's Joe T.  That's how he's always announced.  If he can find something to latch onto with sayings, he'll do it.  But his "love" for Bama right now is because they are the best storyline in this tournament.  Had to win yesterday to give themselves a shot at the NCAAs.  Win today likely locks up a spot for them.  Then couple that with Collin Sexton carrying that team so far this week and it's a recipe for announcer hyperbole.

As a former announcer, I'm telling you that in an impartial situation like this, you're looking for the best storyline.  Hate to say it, but Bama fits that bill.

Just now, AUGoo said:

They are on fire shooting.

Sure...but we aren't shooting well at all. 

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

They were praising us like crazy in the first half.  When someone is running your out of the gym 35-11 for the half, you're going to be singing their praises.  Sorry, if we play better it will change.

They were not praising us like crazy. 

4 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

getting outscored 41-13 in the second half to a team that finished 9th in the SEC.

honestly when they put the updykes in our bracket couldn't you see this coming?

Hell uat might win the tournament now.

Archived