Was that CBP last game?

weathergeakal

Was that CBP last game as the HC of Auburn?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Was that CBP last game as the HC of Auburn?

• Yes
    • No

6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Of course.....and there might be plenty of that..... but I don't believe there is due process with the NCAA.... you might want to check with Chuck P or Rick Pitino   there was no trial ...just guys getting fired for cause.  

Person's and Pitino's firing had nothing to do with the NCAA. Their firings were because of substantial FBI evidence.  The FBI had no evidence of wrongdoing by Pearl.  The NCAA investigators are not near the investigators the FBI has. I don't see the NCAA finding anything on Pearl that would be deemed a fireable offense by Auburn. 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

That’s fine. Did he tie Pearl to the investigation initially, or is he flinging s*** to see what sticks? Pretty sure he’s had a vendetta toward Auburn since Cam, but I could be mistaking him for someone else. 

No.... forde's bs with Auburn goes back at least to the late 90's. He did a weekly column during football season where he downed Auburn at every turn. Not sure where it comes from other than he realizes bama fans consume more Auburn content than they do their own. Even without the anti-Auburn bias, he has always been a major hack. 

21 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Just so folks remember that Auburn's problem is with the NCAA , not the FBI.  It wasn't the FBI that suspended two players this year.     

The FBI is Chuck Persons's problem. 

JMO but the decision will be based on how the NCAA responds and I'm remembering that Greene was asked when he was hired would he be willing to fire BP and he answered "yes".   JMO but that has to tell us something.. 

Greene has to answer yes to that question though. You can't take the job and talk about turning things around etc and then state no I won't fire this coach or that. So I'm not sure that is an indicator of anything except that Greene will do what he has to do if the evidence is there.

3 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Person's and Pitino's firing had nothing to do with the NCAA. Their firings were because of substantial FBI evidence.  The FBI had no evidence of wrongdoing by Pearl.  The NCAA investigators are not near the investigators the FBI has. I don't see the NCAA finding anything on Pearl that would be deemed a fireable offense by Auburn. 

Sure it was NCAA related....the FBI just provided the ammunition.  Pitino is not in jail or indicted like CP....just fired for cause because the NCAA was going to hammer Louisville for the violations. 

FBI does not care if football or basketball coaches pay kids to play at their schools....that was totally NCAA as is the situation in Arizona which is probably not over yet either. 

As is opined, CP has the FBI problem....but BP and AU have the NCAA problem and that's what the school has to consider. .  

6 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Greene has to answer yes to that question though. You can't take the job and talk about turning things around etc and then state no I won't fire this coach or that. So I'm not sure that is an indicator of anything except that Greene will do what he has to do if the evidence is there.

True, but it surprised me that it was asked and even more of a surprise that it was made public knowledge....unless there was some reasonable expectation that he might have to make that decision. :dunno:   I'm just thinking that the Pres had enough information such that he knew what he wanted to do ...even back then. .. Just opinion.

This is very poor form Kal but since mods have replied without locking the thread I guess it stays open for business even though it's entirely speculation & rumor which is against site rules.

32 minutes ago, ellitor said:

This is very poor form Kal but since mods have replied without locking the thread I guess it stays open for business even though it's entirely speculation & rumor which is against site rules.

We speculate about stuff all the time...mostly about Wiley  and Purifoy on this site.....JMO but this is pretty much the same thing....and maybe there is a fine line between speculation and opinion...

1 hour ago, weathergeakal said:

Both of those reports are over a month old. Once again, for what seems like the 10th time, if AU were going to fire Pearl it would have already been done.

1 hour ago, BJCrawford said:

My question for anyone really in the know, when will something definitive be said. I’m pretty tired of the will he or won’t he be here. As popular as he is, I would think it would have to be something really bad to let him go. (Which is what I’m hoping) and is it possible he would be suspended a couple of games rather than fired? 

There's nothing to say. Were Pearl to be fired it would have already happened. People don't get suspended for doing nothing wrong. It's been OVER for some time now.

What you have is two journalists who still hate Auburn because they got egg all over their faces twice, first in their failed attempt at trumping up a Sociology scandal and then when AU again made fools out of them in the Cam Newton case. They will write all the false crap they can about AU until they are no longer employed. Toss Thayer Evans in there as the third pig in that poke. They will sling mud our way at any opportunity and I hope and believe  Auburn will continue to make fools of them.

I saw an unusual look on Bruce's face tonight during the game: a unique blend of embarrassment, disgust, and acceptance. He wanted to make AU hoops relevant, and he did that this season. However, the way the team gassed out is not reflective of who he is as a leader, and I happen to believe that he will roll up his sleeves and do what it takes to see that that never happens again.

The answer to this thread title is no. Not unless something happens where he has to step away from coaching or something like that. 

The media has taken one article from Mark TurdBaugh and has assumed that Pearl is guilty of everything and pays his players and cheats on his wife and robs banks in daylight and steals little kids’ lollipops. It’s a travesty what the media has done to this guy and if Auburn fires him, I won’t support the basketball program again, because it will be a reactionary event that has no basis.

The fact is, Pearl had no knowledge of the situation and had no way of knowing either. Pearl has been advised by his lawyers not to say anything until the investigation is over and Auburn should realize this. The media, who does not cover Auburn exclusively, hears “Auburn” and thinks “FBI Scandal” when Auburn is not one of the teams even being investigated from the Yahoo! Sports article. 

I WILL NOT SUPPORT AUBURN BASKETBALL IF COACH BRUCE PEARL IS FIRED AFTER THIS SEASON. 

• WarTiger changed the title to Was that CBP last game?
8 hours ago, ellitor said:

I am not saying that he is going to be fired or reporting something crazy, I am just asking if the posters think that he will return.

if bruce is let go, at each game that is played, the arena will have echos when the ball is bounced....i will not watch or listen or care because the next hire will make tony barbee look like adolph rupp....the PTB proved that they are willing to accept losing 4-5 football games a year by signing malzahn to a long term deal, so why should i expect them to hire or even care about hiring a good basketball coach?.....surely they are not so arrogant that they think they can do better than bruce pearl?...i do not like nor do i trust the new president one damn bit, and i don't think that the new AD is anything more than a PC puppet that can be controlled by the money people....the guy has not even made a hire in his career.....leath was under a felony investigation due to ethics violation and just plain lied about that....he had no intention of paying for the use of that plane.......until he got caught....if bruce is let go, might as well cancel basketball

I hate Pat Forde, I hate Pete Thamel, I hate Thayer Evans and I hate Mark Schlabach. I am tired of the national media always singling us out and shining the light the brightest on us when there were PLENTY of other teams involved. BUT NO lets just keep harping on AU the most. disgusting sensationalism "journalism. THE END.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I hate Pat Forde, I hate Pete Thamel, I hate Thayer Evans and I hate Mark Schlabach. I am tired of the national media always singling us out and shining the light the brightest on us. THE END.

You realize of course that none of them have anything to do with Auburn's problems..:dunno:    This is about players families taking money and a fired coach and suspended coaches and suspended players...and the NCAA....and if those guys quit tomorrow, the problems are still there. 

The solution is for AU to run clean programs and quit screwing up 

11 minutes ago, AU64 said:

You realize of course that none of them have anything to do with Auburn's problems..:dunno:    This is about players families taking money and a fired coach and suspended coaches and suspended players...and the NCAA....and if those guys quit tomorrow, the problems are still there. 

You realize of course my post was about those guys always being on a witch hunt against AU and never missing a opportunity to take a petty shot at us. Is Pearl perfect? NO. But there is no way in hell Pearl was directing Person to push kids out the door and sign with certain agents. That would do nothing but hurt the program. Is Pearl squeaky clean? Heck no. Did he have anything to do with person and the agents? I firmly do not think so and the fbi agrees.

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

You realize of course my post was about those guys always being on a witch hunt against AU and never missing a opportunity to take a petty shot at us. Is Pearl perfect? NO. But there is no way in hell Pearl was directing Person to push kids out the door and sign with certain agents. That would do nothing but hurt the program. Is Pearl squeaky clean? Heck no. Did he have anything to do with person and the agents? I firmly do not think so and the fbi agrees.

OK...but this about the NCAA and just because the  FBI does not see a law violation does not mean the NCAA does not see violations...which is why AU is where it is now.

17 minutes ago, AU64 said:

OK...but this about the NCAA and just because the  FBI does not see a law violation does not mean the NCAA does not see violations...which is why AU is where it is now.

Wiley is cleared for next year. That is a great sign and one domino. Yah they see a violation WITH CHUCK PERSON. The fbi had wire taps and countless pages of evidence incriminating Chuck Person. If they had anything on Bruce Pearl it would of came out like the person stuff did.

Grant is right. Those click-bait whores have an axe to grind no matter how clean our program proves to be. 

31 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Old Friend, "this" is about three or four writers that have been on a vendetta against Auburn for a number of years now. About them, "It's not what you do, it's the way how you do it". Auburn has made fools of them two or three times and both individually and as a group, they smear everything concerning AU in the worst light possible.

I'd like to know if Auburn basketball is under NCAA investigation?   And if we are, did the NCAA send a letter on inquiry? 

Has the NCAA interviewed the suspended players and more importantly their parents?  Has the NCAA checked paper trails and bank records?  Have they interviewed the other two asst coaches that have been on suspension all season?  

10 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Old Friend, "this" is about three or four writers that have been on a vendetta against Auburn for a number of years now. About them, "It's not what you do, it's the way how you do it". Auburn has made fools of them two or three times and both individually and as a group, they smear everything concerning AU in the worst light possible.

These assclowns do nothing but add fuel at every possible opportunity, but Auburn provides the fire own their own.   Journalists will focus their attentions on other prey if Auburn could somehow, someway keep their athletics programs out of the line of fire.

With the myriad of "issues" in up to 4-5 of our programs in the past 2 yrs these idiots have had a plethora of fires to flame relative to Auburn.

It's a New Day though - New Prez/New AD.  An AU fan/alum can only hope for better days ahead when this crap ceases to exist in AU Athletics.

I think its possible the school will try and get rid of Pearl. The president and school made it well known they were not happy with Pearl and how he handled himself during their investigation. If they do get rid of him they better know what they are doing. This is the first sign of light in 15 years of AU bball and i would hate to see that light snuffed out so quickly. 

But i went ahead and took the hopeful route and voted no cause i really hope Pearl stays and continues to build this thing. I think we could enter a golden age of AU basketball with Pearl leading us for years to come. But I could also see this season as a flash in the pan as we slide back to being one of the worst basketball programs in the NCAA. I'm hoping the school comes out soon with either a firing or backing of Pearl so we can get on with whatever direction this thing is gong. 

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I understand but I see these as separate issues and those guys will continue to work to dredge up stuff anyway they can ....but the basketball issues with CP and BP are  "home brewed"   and none of the "journalists" had any impact on what the NCAA did thus far.... or might choose to do in the future.   

Same with the FBI...they did what they do, apparently caught CP and some other guy in outright illegal activities ....but they don't care if coaches give kids money and they don't determine eligibility.....NCAA is gonna do that and FBI has just conveniently provided the NCAA with information it could not have gotten on its own. ...but the NCAA is not gonna turn down the gift from the FBI.  

AU will decide how to deal with BP based on what the NCAA implications are....not what the FBI has on CP....though I still think that BP will be a witness if CP actually goes to trial.

PS to Gravejd.....our recruiting is shot to hell for the moment and suddenly the team looks really vulnerable, unanswered questions about a couple coaches, unknown about DP and AW.....even if BP comes back, next season will be a really tough year   JMO. 

Yes, he'll be back, along with the other head coaches who had assistants dabbling in schemes for their own PERSONAL gain, not the university. Honestly, I find this poll and thread to be poor form.

Archived