SEC Baseball Tourney thread

27 minutes ago, ellitor said:

tenor.gif?itemid=10884800

If it's like it has been in my area the past week you may have to swim that river when you get to it......

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great catch by Carolina RF saves a run & keeps it 3-2 LSU going to the bottom of the 9th.

23 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Carollina ties it at 3.

All these reviews too. Going to be lucky to get going before 8. 

37 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Carollina ties it at 3.

I always get a chuckle when the cool breeze with the flowing locks and KISS eye/face black comes flying in on a ball smoked right at him and flags at it as goes screaming over his head, rolls all the way to the fence and turns an out into a triple.  Which winds up tying the game in the bottom of the ninth.

LSU has the lead. 

Pitching change for USC. Pitcher Todd Peterson about to take his first collegiate at bat. 

Pitcher's dream.....getting to bat in an SEC game ?.....well maybe not...but now that LSU has the lead at 4-3 they are going to let the pitcher get an AB in order to keep him in the game for the bottom of the 12th. 

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Pitcher's dream.....getting to bat in an SEC game ?.....well maybe not...but now that LSU has the lead at 4-3 they are going to let the pitcher get an AB in order to keep him in the game for the bottom of the 12th. 

Got dang he tattooed that double off the wall. 

And pitcher rips a double down the LF line to drive in another run...     two runs   :)

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

And pitcher rips a double down the LF line to drive in another run...:)

Batting 1.000 for his career now, and that’s likely where it will remain. :laugh:

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

And pitcher rips a double down the LF line to drive in another run...     two runs   :)

WOOOOO!!! GO CORNDOGS!

SC pulls one back, but the pitcher’s 2 RBIs were the difference. LOL awesome.

Alright, on to our game.

First pitch for AU-aTm 7:55pm Central. 

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

LOL.....that LSU pitcher interview was funny.

“Go yard?” :laugh:

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

AM was Andrew Mitchel not A&M. I didn't feel like typing his name again since we were already talking about him so I used his initials. Also I never use A&M to refer to the Aggies unless it's a thread title. I always use aTm when I'm talking about them. Yes you said Sunday but you also said the next start after AM which could be Saturday if we lose today.

Well, to me your AM was Texas A & M. I can type "Mitchell", very easily, as I did the last time I mentioned him up-thread.

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Well, to me your AM was Texas A & M. I can type "Mitchell", very easily, as I did the last time I mentioned him up-thread.

I would have obviously put "&" in there if that was the case. I type with one hand & have to & look at my keyboard when I type due to my disability so I use abbreviations on stuff like names when I can cuz it takes me so long to type. Pretty sure I've said all this a number of times.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I would have obviously put "&" in there if that was the case. I type with one hand & have to & look at my keyboard when I type due to my disability so I use abbreviations on stuff like names when I can cuz it takes me so long to type. Pretty sure I've said all this a number of times.

Ok whatever. AU is fixin' to start playing.

46 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

lets move on

Agreed.

So Mikey do you want to take me up on my friendly wager that Daniel doesn't get the start Sunday if we win tonight getting Mitchell the start Saturday?

11 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

My new favorite player not wearing O&B.  That was really good.

Saw a post game video on Twitter where he told the coach he lied about hitting in high school. Said he never did. He told him, "Coach, I just wanted to swing." He's my new favorite player too haha. 

Comments on Mize:

I know much is made about Mize calling his own pitches but I have to wonder if that works best for the team.  We have two of the best pitching coaches around and are gonna let a couple of 20 year olds make critical decisions about what pitch to throw and when to throw it?   Smith and Butch have forgotten  more about pitching strategy than CM and Wright have combined and in my view, lots of that knowledge is going to waste during an actual ballgame.  Coaches have a better idea of what is "working" at any given time than either the pitcher or catcher.

Mize reportedly has four pitches that he can get over the plate but he seems to start showing all of them right away and by the time the opposition has batted around for the first time, he has shown them all and everyone can see what pitches are most effective.  By the time the opponents make it through the line-up even once, CM has nothing new to show a batter in a key moment and likely tendencies have been detected by the opposing coaches.   JMO but this is why he has had problems making it through the line-up even twice in recent games. 

From what I hear and read, most MLB pitchers try not to show all of their pitches early.....wanting something new to put to a batter the second and third time around...and I'm wondering if CM or Wright even remember what they threw to a batter the first time up and how the batter dealt with it.  Maybe I miss it since TV does not cover everything but there seems to be no feedback after and inning between pitcher and catcher and coaches and little discussion when a batter comes around for the second or third time.   Someone earlier talked about deception being a key to pitching, but if a batter is seeing the same pitches his second time at bat as he did the first time, there  is much less deception.  

Archived