Best (and worst) beers you’ve ever had - redux

AUDub

5 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I’ve had their IPA and Bengal Amber. I don’t even think they’re in this market anymore. 

I find some of these GABF medal winners to be a reach at times FWIW. They had almost 400 entries to these particular styles. 

I mean, I remember it being good...but dang.  

12 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Speaking of Lagunitas, Citrusinensis fans take note. Packed with citrus and clean. 

CtCmBmf.jpg

Thanks for the heads up. I was talking to the beer guy at my local spot and we were talking about how it's tough to commit to a 12 pack when you're not sure about the beer.

Nice haul at the Pig. DDH Envie has floated down here, and Xocoveza has hit the shelf. 

By the way, Xocoveza is canned this year. That's a change. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

Nice haul at the Pig. DDH Envie has floated down here, and Xocoveza has hit the shelf. 

By the way, Xocoveza is canned this year. That's a change. 

I almost picked up that DDH Envie the other day...I’ll get it tomorrow.

6 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Toilet beers 

44UqeZQ.jpg

LOL! Somewhat related, there's an entire subreddit dedicated to beer in the shower. 

• Like 1

This is, how do the kids say, thicc AF. A true milkshake IPA if I’ve ever had one, I thought the mouth of the can was going to clog. 

As for the beer itself, it’s intensely delicious and totally unique. It truly lives up to the name.

Saturday was our first time at Southern Grist, and I will absolutely skip Bearded Iris for them if I’m given the option of being only to visit one. Huge tap list, about 20 taps. Great sours to choose from as well. Boil the Ocean gose might give Westbrook a run for the money. Time to move to Nashville.

dOaPvwo.jpg

QtQSiFA.jpg

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 1

On 9/30/2018 at 7:31 AM, AUDub said:

LOL! Somewhat related, there's an entire subreddit dedicated to beer in the shower. 

Trashy photo aside, I was pretty stoked to be in a dive bar with a cooler stocked full of Homestyle. 

Well aware of the shower beer phenomenon. Brew Dog’s new hotel in Cincinnati has a fridge in the shower for that sole purpose. 

We didn’t even bother getting full pints at SG. Two flights and 3 additional samples had us set. 

vEbyoXa.jpg

They had arguably one of the sweetest, thickest stouts I’d ever had called Broconut. It was tasty, but I really don’t think I could finish a full pint of it by myself. Tasted like a Mounds bar. 

22 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Trashy photo aside, I was pretty stoked to be in a dive bar with a cooler stocked full of Homestyle. 

Well aware of the shower beer phenomenon. Brew Dog’s new hotel in Cincinnati has a fridge in the shower for that sole purpose. 

I am not ashamed to admit I have crushed a beer in the shower after yardwork. 

• Like 2

On 9/29/2018 at 11:11 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

I’m on board with the DDH Envie...hellova mango flavor.

*ETA Sorry about the lighting...it’s a bit obnoxious.

43333F5D-170A-4CBE-A5A2-02AC5B1D68D1.jpeg

Okay, so now I'm really curious about the astronaut logo/avi. 

On 9/29/2018 at 2:57 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

This is fantastic. 

Qt4mBmc.jpg

Genius label. 

Bearded Iris taproom looks pretty cool.

Southern Grist, check. Nashville, check. If you like traditional German styles to go with grilled meats and high end tex mex, check out Butchertown Hall. It's a damned-near perfect restaurant. A temple of man sh*t. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Okay, so now I'm really curious about the astronaut logo/avi.  

From Opus Vert.

1486062531.jpg?fit=1080,833

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I really wish I would've figured out a way to brand and monetize my love for shower beers like 15 years ago, or even just thought to try. I'm sure they were a thing for other people then, but nobody really thought in terms of things being a thing back then. Now everything's a thing. But shower beers are deserving of that status. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

I can't believe my wife made me move further away from Parish. I do hate her so. 

Distribution has reached Birmingham. We're so damn lucky. Haven't seen Vert yet, but have everything else. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I can't believe my wife made me move further away from Parish. I do hate her so. 

I can put together a Parish-Care’ish package to keep your wife in good standing...?

• Thanks 1