Null



RunInRed

What was your first Auburn game?

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, kevon67 said:

.....and those 3 stations signed off at night........our version of Google was an encyclopedia.......I claimed Pirates as favorite but could name every starting Red in those days👍

Mine, too, as a kid growing up. As an Auburn student, it was 8-Foy-Foy Foy-2-Foy-Foy.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




1 hour ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Many reminiscing about the good-old-days seem to forget the horse manure in the streets.

Yeah, it definitely was far from the golden days like it is okay to have open segregation lol but I digress. We will leave that on the political forum.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1998 AU vs La Tech

32-17

The game was literally a few days after Bowden resigned lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1993 Iron Bowl  ... if I have to say anything further about that game, then you should just lose you membership to this website.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jtauburntiger said:

1993 Iron Bowl  ... if I have to say anything further about that game, then you should just lose you membership to this website.

 

That was one heckuva introduction.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jtauburntiger said:

1993 Iron Bowl  ... if I have to say anything further about that game, then you should just lose you membership to this website.

My freshman year. 

It didn't suck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1970 Auburn vs Georgia Tech, Auburn won 35-20.  First time the Tech game was played in Auburn.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, im4aual said:

1970 Auburn vs Georgia Tech, Auburn won 35-20.  First time the Tech game was played in Auburn.

FYI, 1970 was not the first time GaTech played at Auburn. I know this goes way back but the story here is worth reading for you younger folks that might not have known about this game in 1896. In the following years after the game Auburn had a "Wreck Tech" parade on the weekend we played Tech even though the game was played in Atlanta every year until the series ended. Everyone paraded around downtown Auburn in their pajamas. It was a great event and a great tradition.

Here is the web site that covers how it started.

 https://www.thewareaglereader.com/2013/03/usa-today-1896-auburn-prank-on-georgia-tech-second-best-in-college-sports-history/

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Auburn at FSU in Tallahassee, 1989.  I was 11 years old.  First game in Auburn was against Mississippi State in 1993.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1988 AU vs Tennessee at Auburn.  I was 8 years old.  My grandfather who was the reason I grew up on Auburn football took us.  He passed away in a car accident just a little over 2 years later.  AU won that game 38-6.  I am pretty sure that was the day Carlo Cheatham knocked Reggie Cobb completely out.  May have been Dye’s most talented team overall.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1958 Auburn 13 Tennessee 0

September in Birmingham.

 

 

Edited by grandpajay
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

My freshman year. 

It didn't suck.

You're lucky... I got to sit through 2 years of "why do you people think Pat Dye is so great?" as my introduction to Auburn football before '93 rolled around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

You're lucky... I got to sit through 2 years of "why do you people think Pat Dye is so great?" as my introduction to Auburn football before '93 rolled around.

Well, like you said, perspective. '93 might've been even better for you than it was for me. Meanwhile, imagine how heartbroken I was when we tied uga in '94. I'd never seen Auburn not win a football game! Nobody even sent me a sympathy card.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, grandpajay said:

1957 Auburn 13 Tennessee 0

September in Birmingham.

grandpajay,  just for the record it was 1958 and we came very close to repeating as national champion. I think LSU won it that year with Billy Cannon.

 

 

12 minutes ago, grandpajay said:

1957 Auburn 13 Tennessee 0

September in Birmingham.

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Well, like you said, perspective. '93 might've been even better for you than it was for me. Meanwhile, imagine how heartbroken I was when we tied uga in '94. I'd never seen Auburn not win a football game! Nobody even sent me a sympathy card.

Yup... perspective :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Yup... perspective :)

You are correct, 1958 and yes LSU won thanks to Billy Cannon. I believe that was the year that he had the return against ole miss to win the game and lost the Sugar Bowl to Ole Miss

Edited by grandpajay
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, grandpajay said:

You are correct, 1958 and yes LSU won thanks to Billy Cannon. I believe that was the year that he had the return against ole miss to win the game and lost the Sugar Bowl to Ole Miss

You are correct. Billy also won the Heisman trophy and the consensus of opinion is the run against Ole Miss is what did it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

03 USC opener, still the hottest game I’ve ever been to.

I was there... in the nose bleeds... almost melted.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

My freshman year. 

It didn't suck.

We were all in the stadium that day😆 Great game!!!! Nice and cold that day👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I was there... in the nose bleeds... almost melted.

Was this the year we lost to USC and Georgia Tech? If so it was hot hot hotter than hell in Atlanta for the Tech game.

Edited by kevon67

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I was there... in the nose bleeds... almost melted.

The 14 Arkansas game was pretty bad in the nosebleeds.  My sunscreen was literally melting off my body and puddling at my feet!  Went to the restroom and there were several people in the concourse near the point of passing out.  Then a huge storm rolled in, had an hour and a half delay and sat and got soaked in the 2nd half.  Oh, and Jeremy Johnson started because Marshall was suspended for the first half and made everyone think he was going to be an All American.  Weird day!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WarEagle1982 said:

The 14 Arkansas game was pretty bad in the nosebleeds.  My sunscreen was literally melting off my body and puddling at my feet!  Went to the restroom and there were several people in the concourse near the point of passing out.  Then a huge storm rolled in, had an hour and a half delay and sat and got soaked in the 2nd half.  Oh, and Jeremy Johnson started because Marshall was suspended for the first half and made everyone think he was going to be an All American.  Weird day!!!!

Jeremey played that day like an All-American.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last game attended was Florida game 2013 or 2012...think it was Muschamps 1st year........Thing is I cant remeber score.......Can remember things from 70's and 80's just fine........recent things not so much.........Met a nurse I believe from the forums here and bought tickets as I beliieve he had to work.....super nice guy......I remember troopers lined up on the overpass using radar near Blount County.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All this talk of the 70s/80s and sports heroes, and now I see Dwight Clark has passed at age 61.  

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now