WarTiger

Football Rules and Interpretations

Not sure if I should ask this here but I'm curious. WT should college use a spot foul for pass interference? What's the argument against using such an idea? I guess that it would be you're assuming a receiver would have caught it.

Also, why do they move the ball "half the distance" from the goal? I've always thought they should just put it on the 1. 

17 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Not sure if I should ask this here but I'm curious. WT should college use a spot foul for pass interference? What's the argument against using such an idea? I guess that it would be you're assuming a receiver would have caught it.

Also, why do they move the ball "half the distance" from the goal? I've always thought they should just put it on the 1. 

That's a pure opinion based question/answer.  Personally I'm completely against using most any of the rules that are (or once were)  exclussively NFL rules.  We have enough of them that have filtered down already.  We don't need any more of them.  15 yards for pass interference is sufficient. 

Not really sure where the half the distance to the goal originally came from.  It's basically just to avoid enforcing a 15 yard penalty from the 17 yard line line (for instance).   This is just part of the game and its kind of like being eligible to catch a pass.  No idea how they decided that 50-79 should be permanently ineligible.  It's just part of the basic rules of the game.   Admittedly some things are just odd.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WarTiger said:
1 hour ago, Linayus said:

@WarTiger - do I even need to ask your opinion on the non-overturned "TD" play from Saturday? lol

Which one?

I'm curious on the Fitz "TD".  Boobee's fumble admittedly didn't have the best angle to overturn.

However, I feel that over the top EZ camera clearly showed Fitz's back on the goal line with NO CHANCE the ball could have crossed it.

Opinion on that one?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I'm curious on the Fitz "TD".  Boobee's fumble admittedly didn't have the best angle to overturn.

However, I feel that over the top EZ camera clearly showed Fitz's back on the goal line with NO CHANCE the ball could have crossed it.

Opinion on that one?

Based on the video that we had available on the TV replay, the Arkansas TD should not have counted.  The only issue we have is we didn't have a view from the opposite side of the field at the goal line (which is criminal by the way that we don't have that ) so its possible he stuck the ball over prior to landing with his back to the goal line. 

The Whitlow call was easy and absolutely spot on.  The still picture people are floating around claiming TD isn't enough and doesn't show that he really doesn't have possession.  He was CLEARLY and Obviously losing possession of the ball prior to that pic being grabbed.  It was the right call and an unfortunate situation. 

• Thanks 2