ASU HC previews Auburn

RunInRed

The coach has it right:  When you're the underdog, you've got to put the fact that you're outmatched out of your head and just go and play your game.  Try not to let the size of the stage and the quality of your opponent intimidate you.  (Easier said than done, though.)

ASU will have some fun this week.   My son said some of their players are talking smack.   Come Saturday, they will play, collect a check and we will prep for LSU in earnest. 

I am looking for a fun and safe game for both teams.  I think AU fans should cheer equally for a standout play for ASU.  Reward the efforts not the score in this one.  

And enjoy the halftime show too!  

18 hours ago, Sully to Beasley said:

ASU finally has a decent head coach. This guy will take them places in the SWAC. Obviously, AU can and should be able to name the score on Saturday.

Good to hear, I always pull for Alabama teams not named UAT

59 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Good to hear, I always pull for Alabama teams not named UAT

I am originally from Montgomery and one of my friends down there is an ASU alumnus. He is real pumped up about having Donald Hill-Eley at the helm of their football program. I wish them all the best, after Saturday is over of course.

1 minute ago, Sully to Beasley said:

I am originally from Montgomery and one of my friends down there is an ASU alumnus. He is real pumped up about having Donald Hill-Eley at the helm of their football program. I wish them all the best, after Saturday is over of course.

Are we paying them to play us? I love the idea of boosting up other colleges through FBS v FCS games.

6 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Are we paying them to play us? I love the idea of boosting up other colleges through FBS v FCS games.

The Montgomery Advertiser stated that they are receiving $515K for playing Auburn. I would rather us play in-state schools whenever possible and keep the dollares here at home.

Just now, Sully to Beasley said:

The Montgomery Advertiser stated that they are receiving $515K for playing Auburn. I would rather us play in-state schools whenever possible and keep the dollares here at home.

I'm surprised it's not more than that! Though that is a hefty chunk that should go to good use for them.

Archived