Clemson Grad Transfer QB Kelly Bryant (Mizzou)

Auburn2Eugene

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is why you don't listen to idiots that have no clue what they are talking about.  Bryant was in town the day after an insider said the staff wasn't interested.  LOL so connected. 

13 minutes ago, corchjay said:

This is why you don't listen to idiots that have no clue what they are talking about.  Bryant was in town the day after an insider said the staff wasn't interested.  LOL so connected. 

So since he visited, can we move it back to the recruiting board? Also, how’d this lay so low? 

Former Clemson star Kelly Bryant reportedly took a midweek visit to Auburn.

Bryant, Clemson’s former starting quarterback, was on the Plains earlier this week for an unofficial visit, according to a report by The State, which said the 6-foot-3, 225-pounder was on campus Tuesday. It was the fourth school Bryant has visited since leaving Clemson’s team in late September to take advantage of the NCAA’s new redshirt rule. Bryant has already visited UNC, Arkansas and Missouri.

“It was a good trip just sitting down and talking with coach and getting a feel for what they were all about,” Bryant told The State of his visit to Auburn. “Feel it would be a good situation to be able to step into with the guys they will have coming back on both sides of the ball.”

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2018/11/former-clemson-quarterback-kelly-bryant-took-midweek-visit-to-auburn-per-report.html

This will probably go to the recruiting forum, but I have mixed feelings about this...

1) Having another QB on our roster?

2) Is JS going pro because his numbers are terrible this year. If not then we will have a mess on our hands.

and most importantly...

3) Will this affect bo Nix? If so then we do not want KB for a 1 year fix. 

On 10/31/2018 at 12:34 PM, LKEEL75 said:

I really don't get what the draw is to this kid.  I know he is a runner but he did get beat out by a freshman for a reason.  Clemson decided they could not beat UAt with this kid running their offense.  Why would we be any different?  Bottom line he wasn't good enough to keep starting job.  I don't want him here.

Getting beat out by Trevor Lawrence is different than just getting beat out by a freshman lol. Trevor Lawrence in an unbiased type of view from the coaches should beat out every Auburn QB since Nick

3 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

This will probably go to the recruiting forum, but I have mixed feelings about this...

2) Is JS going pro because his numbers are terrible this year. If not then we will have a mess on our hands.

and most importantly...

I feel ya. Here's my two cents worth. As far as JS going pro, I'm hearing two different takes... One...JS is going to be an NFL QB and his status head dropped due to this season but not that much. Two...js will struggle to get drafted. So... With that said.... Does js want to come back and try to renew his status? Does he think the o line will be much improved next year to give him time.... Does he realize the work and steps he needs to take? Does he have faith in CGM to give him opportunity to be successful? 

As far as KB....I see no negative side for Auburn whatsoever if he chooses to come.... Whether stid stays or goes.... He js stays...KB it's coming to compete to be the starter.... He will either be the starter which is encouraging to see.... Or the competition will elevate stid.....

If js leaves and as far as Bo .....I think it would be great to have a year to redshirt and develop if KB wins job....or Bo is just alegit badass and beats out KB or Js or both and we roll with Bo

My guess..... the only way KB goes AU is if Jarrett declares. I know he must sign before Jarrett declares but intermediate sources should be able to work the intentions out. 

I haven’t seen a ton from Kelly Bryant but what I have seen didn’t blow me away.  If Stidham goes pro then Kelly would be serviceable but I don’t think he’s going to lead Auburn to Cam type heights.  He’s not the greatest passer and in big games I’ve seen him struggle.  My question is how is Cord progressing?  We’ve seen Willis and Gatewood has been banged up.  Is Cord that far behind with his baseball career?

2 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I haven’t seen a ton from Kelly Bryant but what I have seen didn’t blow me away.  If Stidham goes pro then Kelly would be serviceable but I don’t think he’s going to lead Auburn to Cam type heights.  He’s not the greatest passer and in big games I’ve seen him struggle.  My question is how is Cord progressing?  We’ve seen Willis and Gatewood has been banged up.  Is Cord that far behind with his baseball career?

Yes I have seen him struggle as well.... But I think he could Excel in a NM like way. He is better passed than NM was in my opinion. If nothing else it would be a stop Gap and maybe a fire lit in our other QBs to make them better

27 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

My question is how is Cord progressing?  We’ve seen Willis and Gatewood has been banged up.  Is Cord that far behind with his baseball career?

There is going to be a big shift in this area over the off-season. There is no way we will have 5 players (maybe 6) at the QB position. 

Here is my take:

1) JS declares no matter what

2) Gatewood changes positions or transfers. (He may be great BTW - we just do not know.)

3) We sign Nix

4) KB goes to Ark or NC or Mizzou

5) Cord and Willis stay. 

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

There is going to be a big shift in this area over the off-season. There is no way we will have 5 players (maybe 6) at the QB position. 

Here is my take:

1) JS declares no matter what

2) Gatewood changes positions or transfers. (He may be great BTW - we just do not know.)

3) We sign Nix

4) KB goes to Ark or NC

5) Cord and Willis stay. 

I’m on the same page.  I think Stidham is gone.  Gatewood is a tru freshman so it’s way too early to make a judgement of whether he’ll make it or not.  Nix bleeds orange and blue and probably believes he can show up and start.  I want Willis to be good so bad.  His speed is a game changer and could really make Gus’s offense scary again.  All I’ve seen of Cord was against a really bad Alabama State.  He has wheels as well and the one pass he threw was on point.  I guess most on here would say that’s like getting excited about the running game against Ole Miss.

52 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

and most importantly...

JS is gone period even if it Free Agency. MMW.

Also Bo is not afraid of Competition. He did state that he expected to compete next year, but that he also understood if he had to wait for his time to take over he would. By the way if haven’t seen his stats this one is impressive. He hasn’t been sacked at all this year. He was only sacked 3 times last year. Remember he plays some very good competition. He gives credit to his line but Pat says it’s also because Bo doesn’t want to allow negative plays and has a fast read and not afraid to run it or pass off to prevent those negative plays. This kid is mature beyond his years.

I thought we weren’t interested ?!

Only lower tier teams were following this guy, but that’s none of my business

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5bdb7c7b357262676b

How much eligibility does he have left? My problem is if he does come then he will leap above everybody else because that’s the style Malzahn is looking for. If he “has been waiting his turn” why did a freshman come in and take his job. What about everybody else who has been waiting? Nobody knows how good anyone else on the team is because they don’t play. If I was a quarterback deciding to come out of high school I would probably have second thoughts because what happens when you get there and some other quarterback transfers. I will say this if he does come and starts(which he probably will) we do good for one or two years and then we spend another 3-4 years trying to find that quarterback again. Why do we have a coach that only wants his offensive philosophy and not willing to change nothing, just keep waiting for that one quarterback to come through. That’s just my opinion 

Not sure it matters who the QB is unless the OC situation gets corrected.

If somebody like Briles or Freeze were to sign on and get real control then great.  JS may stay, KB may want to come or Willis or Gatewood could be developed (regardless, I hope AU doesn't have to rely on a true freshman QB next year).

If Gus "takes back the reigns", CL stays or Gus hires another yes-man, then I believe JS will grad-transfer and it really won't matter who the QB is next year.

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

That chump WarBlogle tweeted that KB visited AU this week

Nope can’t be true! This guy is a lower tier status.

57 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

We need to sign this kid. 2019 QB battle isn't looking very good at the moment.

That would make 5 qbs on scholarship.   No thanks

Archived