Will SEC allow Freeze to Auburn

provibe

Just now, Win4AU said:

His offense was more pass oriented at Ole Miss and could instantly improve that area.  If by recruit better you mean not pay players and their loud mouth family then 100%.  That one class he had was pretty stellar.  

He just gave the bag to far too many problem cases, without covering up the trail. Ole Miss can operate like that because they suck, but we can’t look like scrubs the way we handle things, so to speak. I’d expect a top ~7 recruiting class just off his name but DONT start making guys look suspicious 

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, AUforlife22 said:

I believe this is only an effort of Gus Malzahn helping a friend to get his name out there, same as Finebaum. They want him to get back into coaching...somewhere. Auburn has attracted lots of negativity from media in the past two years( the basketball bribing and misconduct from softball coaches). I don't see AD Greene inviting anymore of the negativity. 

Also full disclosure, Chip Lindsey only called the last two possessions of that football game Saturday...seems fine to me. I think we all know what's going on with this offensive playcalling....

WOW!  That's certainly NOT what has been reported on this board.  If you are correct, then Chip Lindsey damn sure ain't the problem.  In fact, those last 2 possessions were a huge shot in the arm for what this offense needs right now.

24 minutes ago, keesler said:

WOW!  That's certainly NOT what has been reported on this board.  If you are correct, then Chip Lindsey damn sure ain't the problem.  In fact, those last 2 possessions were a huge shot in the arm for what this offense needs right now.

I would not have created an account and posted this if I were not 100% serious. I'm not here to throw around rumors. That's why Lindsey hasn't talked to the media in 4 weeks. (It would be a lot easier for us to read between the lines if he was still talking with media.)

8 minutes ago, keesler said:

2 minutes ago, AUforlife22 said:

I would not have created an account and posted this if I were not 100% serious. I'm not here to throw around rumors. That's why Lindsey hasn't talked to the media in 4 weeks.

Color me suspicious of a brand new account walking in and dropping something like that.

3 minutes ago, AUforlife22 said:

I would not have created an account and posted this if I were not 100% serious. I'm not here to throw around rumors. That's why Lindsey hasn't talked to the media in 4 weeks.

What is your source on this? One of the players? 

2 minutes ago, selias said:

Color me suspicious of a brand new account walking in and dropping something like that.

As I already stated, I am not here to start up %#%^. I have followed this blog for a few years. Never felt much of a need to chime in, but I hate to see the wrong people being blamed.

5 minutes ago, AUforlife22 said:

I believe you man.  In fact, your creating an account to specifically post this give you the edge IMO of this situation.

Let me further this by saying the last two offensive series were so out of Gus' comfort zone altogether that it makes sense they were coming from someone else.

3 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Finebaum seemed to think this was pretty much a done deal this morning on the roundtable.  With Freeze and Gus being buddy buddy and knowing each other’s offenses so well I wonder how much autonomy Freeze would have?  Gus knows Freeze’s offense is just as good as his own even more so on the passing side.  It’ll be interesting to see how much of a fit Saban would pitch since he tried to hire him last year.

I think the Gus and Hugh being BFF's is very overstated. They are friends but are not real close. Talk maybe a couple times a year. 

1 hour ago, meh130 said:

Still have to fix the OL. I am beginning to wonder if part of the issue is the different playbook (more Chip Lindsey plays, more passing plays, etc.) does not mesh with Grimes' OL methodology/style. Grimes had great success in 2013 and even 2014 after the loss of Greg Robinson to the NFL and Alex Kozan to injury.

You have hit the proverbial head on the nail:  How will this matter with the complete disaster that is the OL?  In ANY program, a monumental mess like this takes years to correct.  Just how, with what is on the OL coming back, will this get any better next season?  There is absolutely no way it could.  This is Terry Bowden bad.

Just now, keesler said:

I believe you man.  In fact, your creating an account to specifically post this give you the edge IMO of this situation.

Let me further this by saying the last two offensive series were so out of Gus' comfort zone altogether that it makes sense they were coming from someone else.

I want to believe him. I just find myself skeptical of a new account. Guys like our regular insiders have built their reputation with good info over time.

1 hour ago, AURex said:

That was last year. Freeze will be good to go this year. 

1 hour ago, AUforlife22 said:

I believe this is only an effort of Gus Malzahn helping a friend to get his name out there, same as Finebaum. They want him to get back into coaching...somewhere. Auburn has attracted lots of negativity from media in the past two years( the basketball bribing and misconduct from softball coaches). I don't see AD Greene inviting anymore of the negativity. 

Also full disclosure, Chip Lindsey only called the last two possessions of that football game Saturday...seems fine to me. I think we all know what's going on with this offensive playcalling....

If Gus is back next year and Freeze isn't wanting over 1m then Freeze will be the OC. AU, the people in power, is not worried at all about some nonsense media negativity. 

3 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

If Gus is back next year and Freeze isn't wanting over 1m then Freeze will be the OC. AU, the people in power, is not worried at all about some nonsense media negativity. 

But let's not forget that we may have a very special OC currently, who is not getting his opportunity. My sole purpose of being on here is to stand up for Lindsey. The statements being made about his failure are completely wrong.

But let's not forget that we may have a very special OC currently, who is not getting his opportunity. My sole purpose of being on here is to stand up for Lindsey. It is flat out wrong what is being said about him.

Agree about Chip. If you have been reading this board like you said you have you would know my opinion on this.  Chip is gone so we will need a new OC. 

But let's not forget that we may have a very special OC currently, who is not getting his opportunity. My sole purpose of being on here is to stand up for Lindsey. The statements being made about his failure are completely wrong.

I really think the only people going after CCL for the offensive problems are members of the Gus Brigade

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

There are reports (rumors)of Locksley going to Maryland.

Locksley crapped out as a HC, but that does not mean he will not get the Maryland gig. If I was maryland, I would give the gig to Canada in that he has done a good job as the interim HC.

6 minutes ago, AUforlife22 said:

I totally believe what you have posted. 

11 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

what if Freeze wants let's say 1.5 million. Do we pass or do we pay him for what he wants? Does he have Sexton as his agent?

I gotta say, the last 2 drives looked so different not only from a success rate standpoint but just what we were trying to do it didn't look like the same person calling plays for the first 55 minutes was the same one calling the last 2 drives.

Was TAMU in a soft defense? I was unable to watch closely -- no not from being inebriated this time ;D, but was dealing with a conveniently timed wedding.

10 minutes ago, selias said:

I really think the only people going after CCL for the offensive problems are members of the Gus Brigade

Agreed, it sickens me to see any negativity at all towards him, and that's how I perceive this news about Freeze and Auburn.

His play-calling was instrumental in winning Saturday's game!

1 hour ago, AUforlife22 said:

21 minutes ago, keesler said:

22, I’m with keesler in that the last two drives were not consistent with what Gus has done for the last few years.  My question would be; how did CCL get by Gus’ filter on the sidelines to call those plays?  Seems like everything has been run through Gus before it gets to the field. Did Gus finally acquiesce to allow Chip to call the plays.  JS sure looked enthused during those last two drives. 

18 minutes ago, AUforlife22 said:

You are 100 % correct 

4 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Gus gets blown out in Athens and in ttown then all bets are off. He is still on a very very hot seat. 

Lets say we lose to UGA 42-17 and 45-17 to the turds do you think that this will be enough evidence to evict Gus from Auburn?  My next question is who do you want as the new HC?

What is your take on Jeff Brohm &  Matt Campbell

Archived