2020 4* WR JJ Evans Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

He’s in. Kid is good. Real good. 

What about Zimmerman the big OT?

49 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

What about Zimmerman the big OT?

Think the staff has felt very good about him for a good while.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4-star WR visits AU, 'could be on the commitment list soon'

Sx8aozuxpjcfd4ticdzv

Jeffrey Lee/AuburnSports.com

AUBURN | Montevello four-star wide receiver JJ Evans could make a commitment soon. If so, it would be good news for Auburn.

“There’s a big chance I could be on the commitment list soon,” Evans said Saturday after a visit to Auburn. “I love it here.”

Evans, who is ranked the No. 7 overall recruit in the state for 2020, was one of several visitors in Auburn. He arrived mid-morning on Saturday.

“And as soon as I got here, they showed me a whole bunch of love,” Evans said. “I love coming down here. Every time I come down here, it’s the same thing. It never changes. They are recruiting me very hard and I like it. I love it.”

Evans said Auburn is in his top group along with Clemson and Alabama. Of the three, Auburn is showing the most interest and it means the most to Evans.

“It’s very big,” Evans said. “It makes me feel like they want me very bad. I don’t want to be on a team that treats me one way the first time and the second time treat me different. This is my second time coming down here and they have treated me the same. I love it.”

Rivals ranks Evans, who is 6-foot-3 and 185 pounds, the No. 35 wide receiver and No. 176 in the Rivals250.

12 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

He’s in. Kid is good. Real good. 

But does he stick with us?  If he is as impressive as it looks we may have another Pickens on our hands.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

3 minutes ago, tinman said:

But does he stick with us?  If he is as impressive as it looks we may have another Pickens on our hands.

There is no need to draw an immediate comparison to The wide receiver who shall not be named just because a kid is talented. Their personalities don’t look the same from what I’ve gathered.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, ellitor said:

There is no need to draw an immediate comparison to The wide receiver who shall not be named just because a kid is talented. Their personalities don’t look the same from what I’ve gathered.

Hope you're right, but after reading Slayton's comments today about why he left AU early Gus has got to turn his offense around if we are to get and keep "elite" receivers.

43 minutes ago, ellitor said:

link?

There's a long story on Al.com regarding Slayton's decision and training. I can't link, but it explains a lot about his concern at QB and frustration with his role at WR. Not a hit piece by any stretch and he genuinely comes across as loving Auburn.

2 hours ago, tinman said:

Yep.

And it’s only February. 

42 minutes ago, CR said:

There's a long story on Al.com regarding Slayton's decision and training. I can't link, but it explains a lot about his concern at QB and frustration with his role at WR. Not a hit piece by any stretch and he genuinely comes across as loving Auburn.

Well that's nothing we didn't already know & haven't heard before from WRs yet we are still bringing talented ones on paper in so I'm not concerned about the getting talent. It's getting the ball to them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

we are still bringing talented ones on paper in so I'm not concerned about the getting talent.

We brought in one 3* and the other flipped to the delight of many that has never liked our offense. One even said “you must hate your players if you want him to be taught by Gus.” 

It’s only February. Only posting just to keep the conversation going. 

Just now, ellitor said:

2 4*s...

Sheffield is considered a 4* “athlete.” I’ll be surprised if we keep him at receiver. 

19 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Sheffield is considered a 4* “athlete.” I’ll be surprised if we keep him at receiver. 

Why wouldn’t we?

3 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Why wouldn’t we?

I think he’s better suited to be a DB. Def could have a better career at the position.

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

That’s fine but we can only go with where he’s projected by the staff for now.

Edited by ellitor

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

I think he’s better suited to be a DB. Def could have a better career at the position.

He did well at wide receiver at under armor all star week but I think he will end up a DB as well more out of a need for numbers down the line.

• ellitor changed the title to 2020 4* WR JJ Evans Commits to AU!!!
  • ellitor featured and pinned this topic