Monday or Tuesday after the IB

ChltteTiger

1 hour ago, AURealist said:

Truth dart:  That's just loser self-talk.   It makes losers feel better about losing.  It also serves as an excuse for losers to make no changes and, in doing so, prove themselves to be even bigger losers.

Yep!  And to further that sentiment, it allows losers to drag up excuses like "youth" and "depth" and "lack of talent" issues to extend the excuses and try to gloss over what is basically a crappy product.  Then is extends on to the people in charge promising they'll "turn this thing around", and they'll "fix things" NEXT YEAR regardless of who's playing the most important position on the field.

Folks have allowed their mouths to write checks their asses can't cash and it's been going on at AU for a while now.  Obviously promises were made this time last year that gave the PTB at AU a real hard-on because they inked an astronomical contract that they aren't willing cut bait on now when the promises weren't fulfilled.  

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Legit question for everyone.... And please don't call me a sunshine pumper I am not excusing this out past seasons but my wife asked be this last night... Here goes...

So the old saying about there are a few plays in every game that determine the outcome call definitely hold true.... Now in past seasons we will leave out... But this year .... That definitely holds true...

If you go back and watch the games we lost up until UGA..... You can count on both hands the number of plays that differentiate us being 6-4 and firing Gus.... Or is being 9-1 with playoff aspirations.... LSU....one 4th down stop...I'd DD is 2 inches taller he knocked the pass down in their long TD... That's just one of many.... Any if the PI calls....MSST, they don't give NF the TD it if boobie doesn't fumble, UT ... Plenty of times we could have ended that game.... So ultimately ... It's a coaches job to put players in a situation to win.... We have dropped TDS, missed open WRs, missed tackles.... Just saying if those plays go differently... Would we be calling for Gus head? 

My wife said this to me and it really made me think. Ultimately after thinking on it I'm 75/25 on yes we should because if the Ol and RB recruiting and the fact that not only sound we have won those games.... They shouldn't have been close. What's y'all's thoughts

All those what ifs are for losers. We need to stop with the loser mentality and get serious about being a nationally respected program.

Painful to read your post; way too many grammatical errors- try proofreading next time.

2 hours ago, keesler said:

Yep!  And to further that sentiment, it allows losers to drag up excuses like "youth" and "depth" and "lack of talent" issues to extend the excuses and try to gloss over what is basically a crappy product.  Then is extends on to the people in charge promising they'll "turn this thing around", and they'll "fix things" NEXT YEAR regardless of who's playing the most important position on the field.

Folks have allowed their mouths to write checks their asses can't cash and it's been going on at AU for a while now.  Obviously promises were made this time last year that gave the PTB at AU a real hard-on because they inked an astronomical contract that they aren't willing cut bait on now when the promises weren't fulfilled.  

+1

And, you can add, "The refs screwed us !!!!!!" to the list of BS excuses.......so sick of hearing that crap.  As has been pointed out, other teams overcome youth problems, depth issues, talent deficiencies and bad calls and they rarely ever have the need "to turn things around".  

4 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Legit question for everyone.... And please don't call me a sunshine pumper I am not excusing this out past seasons but my wife asked be this last night... Here goes...

So the old saying about there are a few plays in every game that determine the outcome call definitely hold true.... Now in past seasons we will leave out... But this year .... That definitely holds true...

If you go back and watch the games we lost up until UGA..... You can count on both hands the number of plays that differentiate us being 6-4 and firing Gus.... Or is being 9-1 with playoff aspirations.... LSU....one 4th down stop...I'd DD is 2 inches taller he knocked the pass down in their long TD... That's just one of many.... Any if the PI calls....MSST, they don't give NF the TD it if boobie doesn't fumble, UT ... Plenty of times we could have ended that game.... So ultimately ... It's a coaches job to put players in a situation to win.... We have dropped TDS, missed open WRs, missed tackles.... Just saying if those plays go differently... Would we be calling for Gus head? 

My wife said this to me and it really made me think. Ultimately after thinking on it I'm 75/25 on yes we should because if the Ol and RB recruiting and the fact that not only sound we have won those games.... They shouldn't have been close. What's y'all's thoughts

If Gus doesn’t have an Hail Mary save us from UGA comeback in 2013, is Gus still our coach after this season? If doesn’t work. 

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what his buyout would have been today if we had not inked the bonehead extension last year?  My guess it would be in the 8-10 million range?

By the way if Gus goes...the president who allowed this travesty to happen has to go also.

And lastly, the university needs to hire counsel that can be on hand to deal with Jimmy Sexton (and his ilk) at contract negotiations.  In reality, it should almost be a fan representative, since every time this crap happens, ticket prices jack up another 20%.  Freaking have nice base salary with incentives.  Hey, you win the national championship you will make 5 million extra - but hey you go 4-8 the next season, you will be making 5 million less.

11 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

5 pages and counting on just innuendo. Wait until IB week when the rumors really ramp up.

I mean seriously.  Why would anyone pay a premium site for what we have access to here. 😀

6 hours ago, AURealist said:

Truth dart:  That's just loser self-talk.   It makes losers feel better about losing.  It also serves as an excuse for losers to make no changes and, in doing so, prove themselves to be even bigger losers.

How can u call another fan a loser because they have a different viewpoint...truth be told if some of those plays are executed correctly the outcome of the game could have been different. Just a different perspective or outlook than yours so how does that make someone a loser or person with a loser mentality. 

24 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

How can u call another fan a loser because they have a different viewpoint...truth be told if some of those plays are executed correctly the outcome of the game could have been different. Just a different perspective or outlook than yours so how does that make someone a loser or person with a loser mentality. 

Probably should have clarified that people who spin that sort of talk about their own endeavors are indulging in a form of rationalization that is self-serving in the short term, unproductive as a mindset and, in the end, harmful to reaching their goals.  

A fan wouldn't have the power to change the situation, so for a fan it's probably just a way to cope with being powerless to change anything.

In sports, the circumstances are fluid and everyone makes mistakes all the time.  It's definitely a different perspective to point out one mistake made by one player and say, "We would have won, but Bucky blew it." It is the unrealistic and unfair perspective of a child. 

6 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

All those what ifs are for losers. We need to stop with the loser mentality and get serious about being a nationally respected program.

Painful to read your post; way too many grammatical errors- try proofreading next time.

That is your opinion. It's just a conversation....my opinion of a loser would be someone who can't even have a discussion.. it's a legitimate question and I just wanted your thoughts about that. And I'll be sure to proofread next time so it doesn't cause you pain. 

9 hours ago, aufan@una said:

I can see this line of thinking but it also makes me think that if 1 or 2 plays that went in our favor go differently then we lose to Washington, Texas A&M, and still lose the games that we have lost and we are looking at being 5-7 sitting at home for the bowl season. I think this is just an impossible way to look at because you have to consider the change in how the next play and every subsequent one after that is affected by the change. Way to much of a butterfly effect to try to think about the season in that perspective.

Exactly. It's funny but it really does come down to a few plays between being super successful and total failure sometimes. The ultimate end for me is a coach gets paid to be sure if a game is decided by a few  plays that they go our way. Just unacceptable the talent we have and the lack of talent in critical positions due to lack of crootin  

9 hours ago, AURealist said:

Truth dart.... Anyone who calls someone on a message board a loser for asking a question to gain others perspective on a topic, also while they are new to the board and trying to make friends in the Auburn family, is the epidomy of that word. I'm not justifying Gus or anything I even said I'm for him being gone. What a sorry blank way to be to a fellow Auburn man. 

2 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Truth dart.... Anyone who calls someone on a message board a loser for asking a question to gain others perspective on a topic, also while they are new to the board and trying to make friends in the Auburn family, is the epidomy of that word. I'm not justifying Gus or anything I even said I'm for him being gone. What a sorry blank way to be to a fellow Auburn man. 

I wouldn't take anything said by anyone on here personal. It's just opinions and you know what they say about those. The "what ifs" can be a loser mentality if it becomes an excuse for the obvious problem. We're all just tired of the wheels coming off the bus and we get the same old rhetoric from Gus..."we're going to get this fixed". He hasn't delivered because he doesn't know how to trust others. The best leaders are not the best because they know everything. They are the best because they know they need help and they surround themselves with good people and trust them to do their jobs. 

Maybe we all need to step back and realize at the end of the day it’s sports entertainment. We all want the same thing and that’s to be entertained at a high level. It concerns me a little when fans start attacking one another because they have a different opinion on how they see things. Implying someone is a loser, head in the sand, accepts mediocrity, etc. I have learned since (2000) my graduate year, that until Auburn gets out of its own way it will always be a roller coaster ride full of highs and lows. So I may as well enjoy the ride. At the end of the day we all want what is best for Auburn we just have different views on how to get there.

6 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

That is your opinion. It's just a conversation....my opinion of a loser would be someone who can't even have a discussion.. it's a legitimate question and I just wanted your thoughts about that. And I'll be sure to proofread next time so it doesn't cause you pain. 

Please understand it is the "loser mentality' that I can't stand. The mentality that this coaching clown show is somehow 'all right' because of excuse 1, excuse 2, excuse 3. You are not a loser nor anyone else on this board (that I know of).

40 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Maybe we all need to step back and realize at the end of the day it’s sports entertainment. We all want the same thing and that’s to be entertained at a high level. It concerns me a little when fans start attacking one another because they have a different opinion on how they see things. Implying someone is a loser, head in the sand, accepts mediocrity, etc. I have learned since (2000) my graduate year, that until Auburn gets out of its own way it will always be a roller coaster ride full of highs and lows. So I may as well enjoy the ride. At the end of the day we all want what is best for Auburn we just have different views on how to get there.

The ride has gotten extremely bumpy and it looks like it will be that way for at least a few years. Nothing very enjoyable about that. Guess another poster is right we need to shift our attention to the bball team but its hard to just lose interest and become apathetic about Auburn football after 40-something years!

12 hours ago, Shift said:

+1

And, you can add, "The refs screwed us !!!!!!" to the list of BS excuses.......so sick of hearing that crap.  As has been pointed out, other teams overcome youth problems, depth issues, talent deficiencies and bad calls and they rarely ever have the need "to turn things around".  

Amen!

And somehow some way many teams have a way of overcoming "injuries" in addition to youth, lack of depth & talent in some areas, and piss poor officiating all combined together and yet they still don't have to turn 'ish around every couple of years and then do the annual sales pitch to their superiors just to hang on to their jobs.

6 minutes ago, keesler said:

Amen!

And somehow some way many teams have a way of overcoming "injuries" in addition to youth, lack of depth & talent in some areas, and piss poor officiating all combined together and yet they still don't have to turn 'ish around every couple of years and then do the annual sales pitch to their superiors just to hang on to their jobs.

In 2017 it wasn't a matter of Gus just 'hanging onto his job' although maybe it started the season that way. With the two wins over #1 late in the year GM and Jimmy the Weasel used the Arky overture to turn the screws and scare J.J., Leith and whoever else and somehow secured that insane buyout. Its almost like they cast a spell on these people. Maddening!

7 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

FYI:  Truth darts should contain some truth; it's in the name.

Nobody was called a loser for asking a question.  A question was asked and that question was answered.  'To think that way, is a loser's mindset.'  That answers the question, right?  I clarified my stance in an additional post.  Did you read it?  I guessing you did, but your feewings were still hurt, so you ignored it.  

I'm sure you'll make friends just fine here on AUFamily.  I'm not sure how many folks here will be able to always tell you only what you want to hear (if that's a requirement for earning your friendship), but there's a lot of nice folks here on the site.

It's 'epitome'.  

You haven't been here long.  You don't know the personalities here.  You should get a feel for the folks here before you jump to take offense at what's written.  Some of us are pretty direct and you're going to have to learn to deal with it or you're not gonna be happy.  I don't know anyone here that wishes to truly hurt anyone's feelings or doesn't consider everyone here a part of their extended family.  Toughen up, Buttercup.  We're all friends here and it's just the internet.

6 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

No one is calling you or your wife a loser!

Your wife brings up an excellent point by the way.  And the mentality that "if only one play had gone this way", or "if X player had executed" then the team would be undefeated, etc.  Or "we're soooooo close" and "we're 1 minute away from a championship"...........

The fact that these comments are uttered annually in addition to some people reeling off a laundry list of a myriad of excuses such as depth/injuries/youth/lack of talent/lack of execution/poor officiating, etc. for Auburn's middling W-L record is where the losers mentality comes into the discussion.  Talk is cheap, actions speak loud and clear and on-the-field results are the true accounting of the caliber of head coach we have in charge of this team.

You are welcome here, post often and please don't take comments personally and out of context.  WDE!

13 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

In 2017 it wasn't a matter of Gus just 'hanging onto his job' although maybe it started the season that way. With the two wins over #1 late in the year GM and Jimmy the Weasel used the Arky overture to turn the screws and scare J.J., Leith and whoever else and somehow secured that insane buyout. Its almost like they cast a spell on these people. Maddening!

IMO, he was hanging on to his job after the LSU loss because at that time he had two L's on the season.  He made the comment, "it's not the end of the world"  and damned if he wasn't right, because the saw fit to demolish the top teams in the CFP in Jordan Hare.  And in doing so, he cemented his fate and future in short order with that obscene contract extension & buyout. 

The timing for Gus/Jimmy was a thing of beauty ~ they bent Auburn over, told 'em to grab their ankles and hold on 'cause they were comin.  :-X

There's definitely enough execution errors, and yes, even referee dickering to allow the belief that it's not all on the coach. Trouble is- any other run-of-the-mill coach would have managed the games and the roster differently enough to comfortably absorb those errors and still win most, if not all, of our losses thus far in '18. 

@Tigerpro2a I see what you're saying.

2 hours ago, AURealist said:

Nobody was called a loser for asking a question.  A question was asked and that question was answered.  'To think that way, is a loser's mindset.'  That answers the question, right?  I clarified my stance in an additional post.  Did you read it?  I guessing you did, but your feewings were still hurt, so you ignored it.  

I'm sure you'll make friends just fine here on AUFamily.  I'm not sure how many folks here will be able to always tell you only what you want to hear (if that's a requirement for earning your friendship), but there's a lot of nice folks here on the site.

It's 'epitome'.  

You haven't been here long.  You don't know the personalities here.  You should get a feel for the folks here before you jump to take offense at what's written.  Some of us are pretty direct and you're going to have to learn to deal with it or you're not gonna be happy.  I don't know anyone here that wishes to truly hurt anyone's feelings or doesn't consider everyone here a part of their extended family.  Toughen up, Buttercup.  We're all friends here and it's just the internet.

Noted. So for the record no one on this board gets up early enough to hurt my feelings. I have bigger fish to fry each day. However, I will give my opinion right back if I feel like someone is taking a jab, ok pumpkin! So with that said...I suppose I did take it out of context a little more so for that my apologies

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Noted. So for the record no one on this board gets up early enough to hurt my feelings. I have bigger fish to fry each day. However, I will give my opinion right back if I feel like someone is taking a jab, ok pumpkin! So with that said...I suppose I did take it out of context a little more so for that my apologies

You really want to see losers, you should see those tin-foil hat people.  It's all a great big conspiracy dreamed up by the REC.

Now don't take any notice that I happen to be one of them.  Just forget that a minute....

On the other hand bammer is so awesome and Auburn is sucking eggs right now.  That's not natural.  Something has to be done about this!!!  IT'S A CONSPIRACY I TELL YOU!!!

Amirite!?!?!

2 hours ago, AURealist said:

It's 'epitome'.  

And you are right. I didn't see your second post about it. I do agree that I want him gone. As I mentioned in my original post. None of that is wishful thinking or excusing Gus. There are things done ( or not done) and games lost that there are no excuses for. I'm off the bus completely. 

Archived