Still the best returning freshman class in the country

TigerFanAU

Translation: "We should be able to post whatever opinions we want and not have them challenged on a website that exists for the sole purpose of discussion!"

The irony of this guy constantly calling everyone else whiners...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mikey said:

You have no possible way of knowing that.

Quote: " .but you know how Gus does it. Can't play the back ups until the starter is unable to go

Don't let facts get in the way of your bashing fixation, do you? Four RB's payed against UAT. maybe you should watch a game before you post stuff that is not factual.

Except that he wasn't. Just because people fixate on some highly rated recruit doesn't mean that guy will be a great player at Auburn or whatever college he chooses. Look no farther than UAT. They have paved a road with 4 and 5 star washouts.

I very much so have seen enough to go form my opinion. I watched Asa play many games. As well as Malik, Malik isn't close to him in talent. Whether you guys want to admit it or not whitlow is playing there because Gus didn't know what to do with him. We don't know how to use a smaller back besides reverses and sweeps.

It's funny you brought up the bammer game as your "facts".....many were upset with the rotation that game.....but yeah he played 4 guys....one broke a 70 yard run and he given two more carries 😂 then he emptied the bench during the beat down and let everybody get a carry or two. 

I don't undersand all the OL hate.  They played well enough to win.  Stidham needed an absolute brick wall to feel comfortable and not make stupid decisions.  That won't happen anywhere.  A QB has to make plays.   JS is so overrated, and I for one will be glad for him to transfer.  

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

It's easily the most impactful freshman class I've seen at Auburn. In addition to those you mentioned, Sherwood is Monday's equal at safety. Tutt and McCreary have played in critical situations at CB. Coynis Miller has played important downs at DT. Shedrick Jackson's role at WR increased as the season progressed. Don't forget the punter, Sipross. He's not a freshman but he's a big part of this signee class. LB's Zakoby McClain and Michael Harris have had moments and McClain has played a lot of special team snaps.

I haven't looked around enough to proclaim "best in the country" but I do know Auburn and this is the most impactful class, as freshmen, going back to the days of Coach Jordan.

So in your mind if you play a snap that's impactful. When actually it's not recruiting well the previous years and you have to play people. To say this is the most talented class in the nation is pushing it at best. Even if you make up "moments"

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

??? Ashley was as big-time an O-line recruit as there is. If he didn't handle the transition to college well, that's not uncommon. It happens about half the time.

Any stats to back that? 

There is without question a lot of talent on this team and in that freshman class...and all that says is a 7-5 season should have been out of the realm of possibility...and no matter the talent, if it isn’t used properly it won’t matter...best case scenario I see 7 wins next year too if Gus is coach.

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

So in your mind if you play a snap that's impactful. When actually it's not recruiting well the previous years and you have to play people. To say this is the most talented class in the nation is pushing it at best. Even if you make up "moments"

Am I to assume this Mikey fella is a bonafide Gus apologist?

All these replies, no one mentions Clemson. They’ve got far and away the best returning freshmen in the country. Currently they have 3 of the 10 highest rated freshmen in the country, according to PFF. But yeah, carry on.

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

Any stats to back that? 

Just because it seems to happen at least half the time at Auburn doesn’t mean it happens at the same rate elsewhere. You and I both know there’s no stats to back up his assertion

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

You have no possible way of knowing that.

Quote: " .but you know how Gus does it. Can't play the back ups until the starter is unable to go

Don't let facts get in the way of your bashing fixation, do you? Four RB's payed against UAT. maybe you should watch a game before you post stuff that is not factual.

Except that he wasn't. Just because people fixate on some highly rated recruit doesn't mean that guy will be a great player at Auburn or whatever college he chooses. Look no farther than UAT. They have paved a road with 4 and 5 star washouts.

RT was a phenom of a recruit.... You're welcome to your opinion but I highly disagree. Had RT been utilized and developed correctly he could and would have been a monster.....

7 hours ago, 92AU said:

Yeah RT wasn't good enough to play at AU but he's good enough to play in the NFL. Gus failed RT and it is a glaring example of why highly rated RBs no longer look our way 

Exactly

23 hours ago, cole256 said:

Any stats to back that? 

100% stats to back that.

1)Ashley was a top level o-line recruit

2) He didn't transition well to college ball.

Next?

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

100% stats to back that.

1)Ashley was a top level o-line recruit

2) He didn't transition well to college ball.

Next?

Your posts in this thread have been pretty strange, Mikey. It was clear he was asking for stats to back up your assertion that “about half” of the highly ranked recruits in college football wash out.

18 minutes ago, chimes said:

Your posts in this thread have been pretty strange, Mikey. It was clear he was asking for stats to back up your assertion that “about half” of the highly ranked recruits in college football wash out.

If that's what he meant, he's just being the normal Cole. Obtuse and asking for stats that would take weeks of research to enumerate what he already knows to be the approximate truth. I did say "about" by the way.

15 minutes ago, Mikey said:

If that's what he meant, he's just being the normal Cole. Obtuse and asking for stats that would take weeks of research to enumerate what he already knows to be the approximate truth. I did say "about" by the way.

So no stats? Got it 

16 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Of the Top 10 OT’s in Ashley’s class, 8 of 10 were starters this year. Whether outright, or due to injury. Uga was a perfect example of seeing young ol players come in and playing well.

In the class before,  7 of 10 of the top OT’s started on their teams this year.

38 minutes ago, Mikey said:

If I knew it to even be close to the truth I wouldn't ask for the stats.....that would be stupid. 

So you're saying it would take weeks for you to come up with stats you so easily claim to be fact on a whim?? 

Funny you calling me obtuse in the very post you are just stating something to be fact because you say so......ironic

13 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Of the Top 10 OT’s in Ashley’s class, 8 of 10 were starters this year. Whether outright, or due to injury. Uga was a perfect example of seeing young ol players come in and playing well.

In the class before,  7 of 10 of the top OT’s started on their teams this year.

Kudos. Where did you get those numbers? I'd be interested in knowing.

On 12/1/2018 at 9:27 AM, cole256 said:

I didn't say this was the most talented class in the nation and I didn't say playing one snap was impactful. Why do you always try to put words in other people's mouths? That one trick pony of yours is worn out by now.

I said this is the most impactful class of freshman that I've ever seen at Auburn. Even better than Dye's '82 class that included Bo Jackson. This class doesn't have a Bo, but it has more numbers that contributed as freshmen than the '82 class had.

43 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Where did you get those numbers? I'd be interested in knowing.

The rankings from 247 and looked up depth charts.

17 class

1. Leatherwood: Starting G for UA

2. Sarell: Started for Stanford but was injured game 1

3. Little: Starting LT for Stanford

4. Smith: Starter for UT, out due to blood clots

5. Wilson: Starting RT for UGA

6. Ashley: Not Starting

7. Wills: Starting RT for UA

8. Jackson: Starting LT for USC

9. Thomas: Starting LT for UGA

10. Deculus: Starting RT for LSU

16 class

1. Little: Starting LT for Ole Miss

2. Williams: Starting LT for UA

3. Kraemer: Started 9 of 11 games for ND in a move from T to G.

4 Dickerson: Injured

5. Bredson: Starting G for UM

6. Young: Injured

7. Eichenberg: Starting LT for ND

8. Price: Starting LT for UK

9. Holmes: Left Mizzou’s program

10. Cleveland: Was a starter at RG for UGA prior to injury.

This was only “OT” rankings

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

I didn't say this was the most talented class in the nation and I didn't say playing one snap was impactful. Why do you always try to put words in other people's mouths? That one trick pony of yours is worn out by now.

I said this is the most impactful class of freshman that I've ever seen at Auburn. Even better than Dye's '82 class that included Bo Jackson. This class doesn't have a Bo, but it has more numbers that contributed as freshmen than the '82 class had.

That is actually what you do, other people have called you out on it. The players you brought up such as Jackson who I guess played more than one snap but impact was minimal is why I said what I said. That and you tied your post in with the OP first post of the thread and he said this class is the most talented class in the country.....which you consigned and agreed with him but when asked about it you're quick to say you didn't say these things....

But since you mentioned players that just have special team experience and such what is an impactful player in your opinion? You are quick to say what you didn't say but at the same time you didn't say what one is just named some players. I guess you left it open ended so you can argue any point by saying you didn't say that

21 hours ago, cole256 said:

Funny you calling me obtuse in the very post you are just stating something to be fact because you say so......ironic

He's "just being the normal Mikey".

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

He's "just being the normal Mikey".

I feel like something has been off with him....I've been destroying him lately in debates...I guess he just don't have anymore ammo with his twisting of everything Gus being great. Now it's just pathetic, did you see his post where he said Roc Thomas should tell Gus thank you for steering his life straight? 

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I feel like something has been off with him....I've been destroying him lately in debates...I guess he just don't have anymore ammo with his twisting of everything Gus being great. Now it's just pathetic, did you see his post where he said Roc Thomas should tell Gus thank you for steering his life straight? 

Lately? ;)

Yeah. Lots of odd stuff this season. Might be tough, coming to grips with the reality of it all. We all react in different ways. 

Archived