2020 Softball Recruiting

I know it is early but posters can add to this as any information becomes available.  I am aware of  4 committed players; two of whom are highly regarded pitchers.  

Kelsey Schmidt plays for Beverly Bandits and listed as OF/utility

Denver Bryant plays for Georgia Impact listed as SS/OF.  She played baseball (varsity) for most of her life and only recently made the switch to softball. 

Maddie Penta plays for PA Chaos and is RHP.  Recently recovered from arm fracture.

Shelby Lowe plays for Birmingham Thunderbolts.  Pitches in HS for Pickens Academy.  LHP.  Said to have 6-7 pitches with drop being her best pitch.

These are players I am aware of but obviously, things can change between now and signing time.  Hopefully our situation is more stable than it has been in recent past in terms of having players bail on their commitment.  

5 hours ago, slot canyon said:

Shelby Lowe plays for Birmingham Thunderbolts.  Pitches in HS for Pickens Academy.  LHP.  Said to have 6-7 pitches with drop being her best pitch.

This has me excited.  

Interesting article on FloSoftball site Jan 10 2019 titled" Millie Roberts Power at the Plate on Display at Auburn Camp".  Covers some of commits mentioned above as well as others who committed prior to the new rules taking effect.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2019 at 10:07 AM, slot canyon said:

Interesting article on FloSoftball site Jan 10 2019 titled" Millie Roberts Power at the Plate on Display at Auburn Camp".  Covers some of commits mentioned above as well as others who committed prior to the new rules taking effect.  

Well, Millie Roberts is a 2022 recruit who said Auburn is the place for her and she committed in January 2018, so hopefully, she will continue to grow as a player and come to AU when she can.

Archived