Chuma Okeke draft discussion

6 hours ago, McLoofus said:

So happy for Chuma, but dammit, so many mocks had him to the Hawks and instead they got... the Virginia kid. SMDH.

One day, the Hawks or the Falcons will have an Auburn star on roster. Until then, thank god for my sweet, sweet Atlanta United.

Man if they would draft Sarah Le Beau to replace Brad Guzan, that would be stellar. :D

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7 hours ago, Tiger said:

I appreciate it bro but I don't mind being in the shadows over here. I'm just in it to discuss Tiger sports with the AU Fam and some good gif action! And also to run with my wolfpack 🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺  

You remember when we had that long discussion using PM's ? Read this thread from the beginning and I think you'll see a bit 

I absolutely love that we are putting players in the nba.  It's nice to see Auburn next to some of those players and this team put 3 in.  I hope they all have a long and stellar career.   I won't be watching (haven't watched pro basketball in over 35 years) but I certainly hope they do well.  They have earned this opportunity. 

1 hour ago, WarTiger said:

I absolutely love that we are putting players in the nba.  It's nice to see Auburn next to some of those players and this team put 3 in.  I hope they all have a long and stellar career.   I won't be watching (haven't watched pro basketball in over 35 years) but I certainly hope they do well.  They have earned this opportunity. 

Damn you had me on the edge of my seat nodding along at your every word until that part! lol. But seriously good message!

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I said I was going to cop his jersey, but I was hoping hed go to a more desirable franchise.

HOWEVER...they do something with those Shaq/Penny era jerseys...we could talk 

hahaha already moving the goalposts on the rules of why or why not to get a Chuma jersey?! CHUUUUUUUUUUUUUMA deserves better! And hey Orlando made the playoffs this year with the YMCA all stars! SHOW SOME RESPECT to Coach Steve Clifford sir! lol. They had the biggest turnaround in the league at plus 17 wins from last year. 

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

hahaha already moving the goalposts on the rules of why or why not to get a Chuma jersey?! CHUUUUUUUUUUUUUMA deserves better! And hey Orlando made the playoffs this year with the YMCA all stars! SHOW SOME RESPECT to Coach Steve Clifford sir! lol. They had the biggest turnaround in the league at plus 17 wins from last year. 

I have all the interest in Chuma going forward, with Clifford’s idealism and how their roster is constructed, and being the Orlando Magic, I’m not the most entranced by them. But I like black, and I like blue, maybe we can figure something out 

47 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I have all the interest in Chuma going forward, with Clifford’s idealism and how their roster is constructed, and being the Orlando Magic, I’m not the most entranced by them. But I like black, and I like blue, maybe we can figure something out 

Magic play in one of the best arenas in the NBA in a gorgeous city. Not the sexiest NBA history but they did have Shaq and Penny and a couple of finals appearances between them and the TURKEY GLUE, Prime Dwight and Rashard Lewis team. But I get it. Def not one of the glamor franchises who will be on t.v. all the time.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Magic play in one of the best arenas in the NBA in a gorgeous city. Not the sexiest NBA history but they did have Shaq and Penny and a couple of finals appearances between them and the TURKEY GLUE, Prime Dwight and Rashard Lewis team. But I get it. Def not one of the glamor franchises who will be on t.v. all the time.

They get one superstar potential scoring guard and they could be something with the roster they've put together 

That UNC game was one of the best I’ve seen an individual have on that level. Sonned Luke Maye and should’ve had 30 with likely ~15 rebs...at 6’7

Dude’s athleticism was ridiculous period, but he showed it in full force 

17 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

He's been a hit down here in Orlando. Off to a good start

Does anybody know if he is doing any working out yet. He has been a great ambassador of Auburn and if he can come back strong either by end of 1st NBA season by second season it should help Auburn BBall recruiting immensely.

Archived