Trump Raises Specter Of Supporters Turning Violent If They Don’t Get Their Way

homersapien

“I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of Bikers for Trump,” the president warns.

President Donald Trump warned in an interview that his supporters could “play tough” and make things “very, very bad” if they “reach a certain point.” He cited the police, military and Bikers for Trump as his backers.

He didn’t define what that “certain point” might be in the Breitbart interview published Tuesday. But the implication was that his supporters would stand for a limited amount of political decisions that they opposed until the “tough people” made things “very, very bad.” Violence by a military opposed to political decisions would be a coup.

“I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of Bikers for Trump,” he said. “I have the tough people, but they don’t play it tough until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad.”

The president also noted that the “left” plays it “cuter and tougher.” But he didn’t indicate that the “left” would go overboard at any point. 

Trump has hinted at possible violence by his supporters a number of times and has even supported it. During his campaign, he once encouraged supporters to “beat the crap out of” protesters, offering to pay the legal fees of anyone who did.

Trump hinted at possible violence by Bikers for Trump at a campaign rally last year for now-Sen. Josh Hawlery (R-Mo.). “They’re peaceful people, and antifa and all — they’d better hope they stay that way,” he said. The Washington Post said that Trump’s stated “hopes” at various times that the situation will remain peaceful provide him with “plausible deniability” should violence erupt.

But it’s “clear” from his repeated comments that he’s suggesting his supporters from the military, law enforcement and bikers “could be tempted to rise up if things don’t go Trump’s way,” the Post noted.

Trump’s former personal attorney and convicted felon Michael Cohen hinted at an American coup in his testimony before Congress earlier this month, warning that he feared if Trump didn’t win the 2020 election, he wouldn’t peacefully quit the presidency.

“Given my experience working for Mr. Trump, I fear that if he loses the election in 2020, that there will never be a peaceful transition of power,” Cohen told the House oversight committee.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald-trump-breitbart-violence-supporters_n_5c8af499e4b0d7f6b0f167a8

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But it’s “clear” from his repeated comments that he’s suggesting his supporters from the military, law enforcement and bikers “could be tempted to rise up if things don’t go Trump’s way,” the Post noted.

I would not be overly concerned with bikers Brother Homer. Those guys look tough but most appear to be really out of shape.

46 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

I would not be overly concerned with bikers Brother Homer. Those guys look tough but most appear to be really out of shape.

Trump was just copying his buddy Putin:

Trump’s Biker Threat Came From the Putin Playbook, But Tweet Deleted After Mosque Massacre

Oops. Trump threatened biker violence against leftists, then deleted the tweet after the New Zealand mosque massacre manifesto praised him as a ‘symbol of renewed white identity.’

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trumps-biker-threat-came-from-the-putin-playbook-but-tweet-deleted-after-mosque-massacre?ref=home

I saw this and just shook my head in disbelief. How can anyone be ok with this kind of talk? And not only be ok with it, but insist that he’s a peaceful man that wants to bring everyone together. It’s such a crock of s**t and nobody is buying it.

59 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I saw this and just shook my head in disbelief. How can anyone be ok with this kind of talk? And not only be ok with it, but insist that he’s a peaceful man that want to bring everyone together. It’s such a crock of s**t and nobody is buying it.

It's the media. ;)

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

Trump’s Biker Threat Came From the Putin Playbook, But Tweet Deleted After Mosque Massacre

Your article is not worth using for toilet paper Brother Homer. 

You are playing an expected game from people below  your integrity and standards. Ashamed of you

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

Your article is not worth using for toilet paper Brother Homer. 

You are playing an expected game from people below  your integrity and standards. Ashamed of you

You should be ashamed for supporting what Trump said. 

“I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of Bikers for Trump,” the president warns.

Seriously, how do you justify that?

8 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I saw this and just shook my head in disbelief. How can anyone be ok with this kind of talk? And not only be ok with it, but insist that he’s a peaceful man that wants to bring everyone together. It’s such a crock of s**t and nobody is buying it.

Cultists.

10 hours ago, homersapien said:

I hope he does not order the police, military, and bikers to take action against leftist.

On 3/15/2019 at 3:26 PM, homersapien said:

It's the media. ;)

Agree

18 hours ago, homersapien said:

One would hope he has their support right?

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

To attack his political opponents?  I certainly hope not.

I have no problem with them retaliating against Antifa. Why would you?

Lol, did Trump learn nothing from the Altamont Concert of 69. Time to get Mick and Keith on the phone. So if bikers attack innocent protestors/left supporters, not cool.

I have no empathy or sympathy for any Antifa member that gets beat down in the coming years either though. So if they show up, pull their usual stunts, and get beat down by bikers. I'm gonna watch that stuff on YouTube with popcorn and laugh.

Should be interesting given the number of Boomers that are bikers and Antifa's preference for attacking Boomers.

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

To attack his political opponents?

Big Harley dealership on Highway 98 ala Back Beach Road at PCB. 

According to them no mention or rumor of an upcoming rumble..............all media again

23 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Lol, did Trump learn nothing from the Altamont Concert of 69. Time to get Mick and Keith on the phone. So if bikers attack innocent protestors/left supporters, not cool.

I have no empathy or sympathy for any Antifa member that gets beat down in the coming years either though. So if they show up, pull their usual stunts, and get beat down by bikers. I'm gonna watch that stuff on YouTube with popcorn and laugh.

Should be interesting given the number of Boomers that are bikers and Antifa's preference for attacking Boomers.

I had plans to go to the concert but thank god something big came up cause I would not have missed this concert for the world unless something important came up. 

Warning their is some violence in the video

On 3/16/2019 at 7:12 PM, AUFAN78 said:

I have no problem with them retaliating against Antifa. Why would you?

Depends on what you mean by "retaliation".

On 3/16/2019 at 9:15 PM, SaltyTiger said:

Big Harley dealership on Highway 98 ala Back Beach Road at PCB. 

According to them no mention or rumor of an upcoming rumble..............all media again

I think the story is that Trump said it, as a threat. You aren't that dumb brother Salty.

Why post something so stupid?  

On 3/16/2019 at 8:29 PM, Texan4Auburn said:

So how do you feel about fascists/white supremacists?

9 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

You search, it here... you learn

Just though it odd that you picked out antifa in particular, as if they are a salient problem.

Meanwhile,

White Nationalist Rep. Steve King Posts Violent Meme About New Civil War

Republican lawmaker shares image claiming “red states” have 8 trillion bullets.

And,

Exclusive: 7 U.S. Military Members Identified As Part Of White Nationalist Group

Leaked chat logs revealed military servicemen with ties to the extremist group Identity Evropa.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/white-nationalists-military-identity-evropa_n_5c8ab70ae4b0d7f6b0f1094b

.........There is growing concern about white nationalists connected to the U.S. armed forces, of which Trump is commander-in-chief.

In February, federal authorities arrested Coast Guard Lt. Christopher Hasson, a white nationalist who prosecutors allege was stockpiling weapons to massacre leftists and reporters in a violent plot to establish a “white homeland.”

Last year, a series of investigative reports by ProPublica and “Frontline” found multiple members of violent neo-Nazi groups among the ranks of the military.

And a 2017 poll conducted by the Military Times found that nearly 25 percent of service members surveyed said they encountered white nationalists within their ranks. That poll found that 30 percent of troops said they saw white nationalism as a bigger threat to national security than the wars in Syria, Afghanistan and Iraq...........

Interesting interview on the psychology of extremism, both white supremacists and Jihadists:

https://www.vox.com/world/2019/1/14/18151799/extremism-white-supremacy-jihadism-deeyah-khan

This filmmaker spent months interviewing neo-Nazis and jihadists. Here’s what she learned.

Deeyah Khan, a Muslim woman, met her enemies — and came away more hopeful than ever.

20 hours ago, homersapien said:

Depends on what you mean by "retaliation".

Both groups are so insignificant I don't consider them in normal conversation. If they eliminate each other, I'm good. Of course I'd prefer they both realize their ignorance and end the stupidity. 

20 hours ago, homersapien said:

I think the story is that Trump said it, as a threat.

You sure? Could be he said it as "I hope they remain peaceful." Do you really know his intent or are you simply applying Homey logic? 

Archived