Men vs. Kansas Game thread

WarTiger

Well, that was one hell of a game! Our guards came to play big time and Kansas didn't survive our wave of offense in the first half. That was a great half of basketball on O and on D. Everybody played well for the most part I'd say. Kansas' freshman had no idea what hit them and we just suffocated them. I know they were not at full strength but we are in the Sweet 16! How awesome is that? Our HC wins big every where so I'm fully confident this is just the foundation. 

My personal goals for the team this season due to how we had to deal with suspensions and role changes etc were that I'd sacrifice a lesser conference record to blossom at the right time to win more games in the SECT and make it to the 2nd weekend in the NCAAs. We've accomplished all of that (beyond that with the SEC championship actually) so I'm feeling great about the program and team and how we've followed up our regular season championship last year. Anything else is bonus for me and we have a tough game ahead of us but AU hoops with Bruce has definitely arrived and I'm looking forward to us being in the spotlight against a team with as much tradition as UNC in the Sweet 16. And if we shoot like we did vs Kansas who knows, we may shock the world. I'm ecstatic our guys have been able to experience this type of success considering what they walked into when they first arrived to AU. Next year will most likely be a rebuild with all the youth but after that we may very well be a perennial Sweet 16 and beyond type of program. I can't really even describe how incredible this is after soooo many years of putrid basketball. I love that Marquis is a part of bringing this program back to the Sweet 16 too

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Tiger said:

Well, that was one hell of a game! Our guards came to play big time and Kansas didn't survive our wave of offense in the first half. That was a great half of basketball on O and on D. Everybody played well for the most part I'd say. Kansas' freshman had no idea what hit them and we just suffocated them. I know they were not at full strength but we are in the Sweet 16! How awesome is that? Our HC wins big every where so I'm fully confident this is just the foundation. 

My personal goals for the team this season due to how we had to deal with suspensions and role changes etc were that I'd sacrifice a lesser conference record to blossom at the right time to win more games in the SECT and make it to the 2nd weekend in the NCAAs. We've accomplished all of that (beyond that with the SEC championship actually) so I'm feeling great about the program and team and how we've followed up our regular season championship last year. Anything else is bonus for me and we have a tough game ahead of us but AU hoops with Bruce has definitely arrived and I'm looking forward to us being in the spotlight against a team with as much tradition as UNC in the Sweet 16. And if we shoot like we did vs Kansas who knows, we may shock the world. I'm ecstatic our guys have been able to experience this type of success considering what they walked into when they first arrived to AU. Next year will most likely be a rebuild with all the youth but after that we may very well be a perennial Sweet 16 and beyond type of program. I can't really even describe how incredible this is after soooo many years of putrid basketball. I love that Marquis is a part of bringing this program back to the Sweet 16 too

I don’t consider next year as a rebuild in the slightest. Several returning guys back and some studs coming in. 

Random. But our section's version of "We're Not Gonna Take It" during free throws was one of the funniest things I've ever seen watching sports.

13 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

I don’t consider next year as a rebuild in the slightest. Several returning guys back and some studs coming in. 

I'm anticipating more than just our seniors will be leaving us. Just an assumption on my part, however if everyone with eligibility comes back then you're right. 

On 3/24/2019 at 1:20 AM, Scotty2Hotty said:

Yes, unfortunately, NCAA owns the rights to all NCAA tournament games. So the only way to hear Auburn NCAA Tournament games is via Auburn radio affiliates. https://auburntigers.com/watch is not even allowed to re-broadcast NCAA tournament games.

I finally picked up an ESPN FM station outside Nashville that carries AU basketball and football, but not every game.   They pick and choose among several schools they broadcast for.  They carried the Auburn broadcast of  UNC AU game,  then flipped to the UK broadcast of the UK AU game  ☹️

Archived