"It just went Poof"....why are Racists and serial rapists still in power in VA?

japantiger

‘It Just Went Poof’: The Strange Aftermath of Virginia’s Cascade of Political Scandals

In the space of a week in early February, the public was stunned by revelations about each of the three highest statewide elected officials, all Democrats: the racist photo in the governor’s yearbook; accusations of sexual assault against the lieutenant governor; and the attorney general’s appearance in blackface at a party in college. Protesters and news crews swarmed the Statehouse. Calls for resignations came from fellow Virginia Democrats, Republicans and even 2020 presidential candidates.

And then? “It just went poof,” said Natalie Draper, a librarian sitting in the back of a coffeehouse last week in Richmond. “It’s like it never happened.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/02/us/virginia-scandal-northam-fairfax.html

2 hours ago, japantiger said:

‘It Just Went Poof’: The Strange Aftermath of Virginia’s Cascade of Political Scandals

In the space of a week in early February, the public was stunned by revelations about each of the three highest statewide elected officials, all Democrats: the racist photo in the governor’s yearbook; accusations of sexual assault against the lieutenant governor; and the attorney general’s appearance in blackface at a party in college. Protesters and news crews swarmed the Statehouse. Calls for resignations came from fellow Virginia Democrats, Republicans and even 2020 presidential candidates.

And then? “It just went poof,” said Natalie Draper, a librarian sitting in the back of a coffeehouse last week in Richmond. “It’s like it never happened.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/02/us/virginia-scandal-northam-fairfax.html

Is anyone surprised? Now, whenever the Democrats want to talk about Racism until the 2020 Election POOF! 

"Democrats are no better, look at Virginia..." They may be able to name a few Republicans that were made to resign, etc. The Democrats will be stammering out an answer 30 minutes later

RacismX2, Sexual Harassment...

What if Biden wins the nomination? Do they just go ahead and endorse "Boys will be boys" behavior?

I suggest you clean up your own party before whining about what a Democratic governor did in his college years.

GOP Congressman: Oh, So Now It’s ‘Offensive’ to Say Whites Are the Supreme Race?

“White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization — how did that language become offensive?” Mr. King said. “Why did I sit in classes teaching me about the merits of our history and our civilization?”

White Nationalist Body Count Swells, and Trump’s Department of Homeland Security Retreats

The intelligence work that is supposed to support law enforcement is being shuttered by an administration that finds bliss in ignorance.

The Department of Homeland Security’s decision to disband its group of domestic terrorism intelligence analysts effectively ends the agency’s role in providing assessments of white nationalist threats to law enforcement.

The elimination of a branch of the Office of Intelligence and Analysis (I&A), first reported by the Daily Beast earlier this week, resulted mainly in the reassignment of more than a dozen analysts devoted to Islamist terrorism and extremism. But it also saw the reassignment of the final two DHS experts on white nationalist extremism—just as white nationalist terrorism is clearly rising.........

.................Donald Trump has repeatedly avoided criticizing the white nationalist right, apparently not wanting to antagonize his base. He has suggested that the radical right is tiny and does not pose a serious threat.

Now, thanks to the latest changes at the agency that is meant to provide an intelligence basis for many agencies’ law enforcement work, the administration seems to be doing its best to ensure that the threat it talks down continues to swell.

Read the full article at: https://www.thedailybeast.com/as-the-white-nationalist-body-count-surges-trumps-department-of-homeland-security-retreats?ref=home

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

White Nationalist Body Count Swells, and Trump’s Department of Homeland Security Retreats

The intelligence work that is supposed to support law enforcement is being shuttered by an administration that finds bliss in ignorance.

The Department of Homeland Security’s decision to disband its group of domestic terrorism intelligence analysts effectively ends the agency’s role in providing assessments of white nationalist threats to law enforcement.

The elimination of a branch of the Office of Intelligence and Analysis (I&A), first reported by the Daily Beast earlier this week, resulted mainly in the reassignment of more than a dozen analysts devoted to Islamist terrorism and extremism. But it also saw the reassignment of the final two DHS experts on white nationalist extremism—just as white nationalist terrorism is clearly rising.........

.................Donald Trump has repeatedly avoided criticizing the white nationalist right, apparently not wanting to antagonize his base. He has suggested that the radical right is tiny and does not pose a serious threat.

Now, thanks to the latest changes at the agency that is meant to provide an intelligence basis for many agencies’ law enforcement work, the administration seems to be doing its best to ensure that the threat it talks down continues to swell.

Read the full article at: https://www.thedailybeast.com/as-the-white-nationalist-body-count-surges-trumps-department-of-homeland-security-retreats?ref=home

You posted another article about white supremists terror attacks increasing, also an opinion piece, that sighted the same Anti-Defamation League states. On the surface it seemed that it could be a stark reminder that America is becoming more racist, but if you dig into the stats a little, there seems to be some scheming to make it worse than it is.

In the article you posted there was a work link to the ADL stats and under the stats was the following:

White supremacists were directly responsible for 18 of the total 34 extremist-related murders in 2017, according to the new ADL report, Murder and Extremism in the United States in 2017. A total of nine deaths were linked to Islamic extremists.

My comments:  18 deaths in a year does not seem to rise to the level of a real issue for the country.  Any death attributed to hate is unacceptable, I agree, but the 71% the ADL shows in from 2008 to 2017, is a somewhat narrow window.

If you include 2001 in the stats, the 71% white supremist figure would be greatly reduced.  The outlier would be the 911 attack and the ADL stats reflects the extraordinary steps taken by the U.S. to curb those type of attacks.  Nothing has risen to the level of that attack since, so I can see the governments actions to put its resources elsewhere. 

Comparing the 18 deaths in one year to other senseless deaths/murderes actually pales in comparison.  Take for example the murder rate in Chicago.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/chicago-murder-total-2018-homicides-police-department/

Last year Chicago had 540 murders which averaged over 10 muders per week ranging in age of 1-93.  It amazes me that this is not in the terrorist category.  We definitely have bigger fish to fry than hyping up the “America is racist” narrative that the article you posted seems to suggest.

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

You posted another article about white supremists terror attacks increasing, also an opinion piece, that sighted the same Anti-Defamation League states. On the surface it seemed that it could be a stark reminder that America is becoming more racist, but if you dig into the stats a little, there seems to be some scheming to make it worse than it is.

In the article you posted there was a work link to the ADL stats and under the stats was the following:

White supremacists were directly responsible for 18 of the total 34 extremist-related murders in 2017, according to the new ADL report, Murder and Extremism in the United States in 2017. A total of nine deaths were linked to Islamic extremists.

My comments:  18 deaths in a year does not seem to rise to the level of a real issue for the country.  Any death attributed to hate is unacceptable, I agree, but the 71% the ADL shows in from 2008 to 2017, is a somewhat narrow window.

If you include 2001 in the stats, the 71% white supremist figure would be greatly reduced.  The outlier would be the 911 attack and the ADL stats reflects the extraordinary steps taken by the U.S. to curb those type of attacks.  Nothing has risen to the level of that attack since, so I can see the governments actions to put its resources elsewhere. 

Comparing the 18 deaths in one year to other senseless deaths/murderes actually pales in comparison.  Take for example the murder rate in Chicago.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/chicago-murder-total-2018-homicides-police-department/

Last year Chicago had 540 murders which averaged over 10 muders per week ranging in age of 1-93.  It amazes me that this is not in the terrorist category.  We definitely have bigger fish to fry than hyping up the “America is racist” narrative that the article you posted seems to suggest.

Per the FBI, the ethnic make up of hate crime offenders in the referenced data is as follows...

25.7 percent were Hispanic; 25.0 percent were non-Hispanic white; 21.33 percent were black; 19.1 percent were unknown; 8.87 percent were mixed race.

49 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Per the FBI, the ethnic make up of hate crime offenders in the referenced data is as follows...

25.7 percent were Hispanic; 25.0 percent were non-Hispanic white; 21.33 percent were black; 19.1 percent were unknown; 8.87 percent were mixed race.

Yall need to quit. You are going to upset the facts be damned crowd here soon.

Orange Man Bad!!!!

All White People are Evil, Racist, Bigots...unless they belong to the Democrat Party...then they are perfect!!!!!

8 hours ago, homersapien said:

Homer, you need to stay away from the Klan rallies.

4 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Yall need to quit. You are going to upset the facts be damned crowd here soon.

Orange Man Bad!!!!

All White People are Evil, Racist, Bigots...unless they belong to the Democrat Party...then they are perfect!!!!!

Well, not according to Joe Biden or Robert Francis....they told me whites were evil and the root of all problems...they didn't specify a loophole....If I were them, I'd just kill myself.  I mean if I really thought my "whiteness" caused me to be inherently evil; I'd either do a reverse Michael Jackson (oh, wait, that's blackface isn't it....unless I'm the Gov or Lt Gov of Virginia, that's bad isn't it...wow, this all gets so confusing); or just kill myself to rid the world of my evil whiteness....how do these guys live with their hypocrisy?  Oh wait, I almost forgot...they're Democrats, duh!!!...consistency of belief and action not required.   Democrat platform: Whiteness bad for thee...not me...

10 hours ago, homersapien said:

.................Donald Trump has repeatedly avoided criticizing the white nationalist right, apparently not wanting to antagonize his base.

Brother Homer, do you ever read and think about the jackwagon crap you post? ......then demand that others read and think about it.

13 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Brother Homer, do you ever read and think about the jackwagon crap you post? ......then demand that others read and think about it.

"There are good people on both sides"

Since you apparently can't handle the truth, perhaps you should just avoid my posts.

Why Is It So Hard for Our President to Condemn White Supremacy and Islamophobia?

The horrific attack on mosques in New Zealand tells us, again, that racist hatred is a global terrorist threat. It must be identified as such, and robustly rejected.

https://www.thenation.com/article/new-zealand-mosque-shooting-trump-islamophobia-white-supremacy/

11 hours ago, homersapien said:

perhaps you should just avoid my posts.

If @DKW 86 or Salty avoided your topics they would go unnoticed. Recognize  how they always have 0 replies until one of us are kind enough to jump start them for you. 

I may start avoiding your crap...........................depends on what all the M report has in it. 

3 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

If @DKW 86 or Salty avoided your topics they would go unnoticed. Recognize  how they always have 0 replies until one of us are kind enough to jump start them for you. 

I may start avoiding your crap...........................depends on what all the M report has in it. 

He's on my ignore list. try it and you will avoid a lot of nonsense. Don't know why DKW86 bothers with him.

2 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Some people are capable of reading posts without feeling an incessant need to respond to them. 

1 minute ago, Proud Tiger said:

He's on my ignore list. try it and you will avoid a lot of nonsense.

You have him on your ignore list, yet you mention him on a near-daily basis. I’d say the function is pretty moot. 

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

You have him on your ignore list, yet you mention him on a near-daily basis. I’d say the function is pretty moot. 

No it isn't. I don't see his posts until someone quotes him. Show me one where I quoted him directly

Just now, Proud Tiger said:

No it isn't. I don't see his posts until someone quotes him. Show me one where I quoted him directly

The point was that even despite your having him on your ignore list, you still bring him up frequently. So what’s the point of having him on ignore if you’re just going to keep mentioning him?

5 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:
7 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

You have him on your ignore list, yet you mention him on a near-daily basis.

Brother Homer is icon around here. We care about what he thinks. No harm in mentioning him.

7 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

The point was that even despite your having him on your ignore list, you still bring him up frequently. So what’s the point of having him on ignore if you’re just going to keep mentioning him?

1. You said the quote function didn't work. Wrong.

2.  Don't have to have a point Just my choice. That OK?

3 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

1. You said the quote function didn't work. Wrong.

2.  Don't have to have a point Just my choice. That OK?

1. Wrong. Re-read. I said the IGNORE function was moot because YOU talk about HIM often. I never said anything about the quote function because I know that one can always click to show the ignored person’s posts.

2. You do you. 

Archived