Oregon - GAME THREAD

WarTiger

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, jptiger said:

And I’m sorry folks. Some won’t like this but Whitlow ain’t the answer. We’ve all seen a top shelf running back and he ain’t it. 

Actually he is making positive yardage behind a whipped line.

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Everyone is all over Gus, but the play calling has been fine. Bo made a mistake that last time and Steele’s defense has been awful. 

Aside from a wheel route the play calling has been terrible. We're still running double play action fakes when our O line can't give Bo two seconds of time.

Just now, doverstutts said:

who will be our new HC next year?

Thought you were going to bed. Goodnight

2 minutes ago, AubWes33 said:

Man it hurts seeing our defense get whipped like this up front. Just running right through us. 

SEC licking their chops.

The route tree on the pick was horrible. Looked like something drawn up in a backyard. 

Right now Auburn needs to keep their defense off the field. That's literally playing into Oregon's hands. They love gassed defenses. They'll stretch the defense horizontally and pound the running game with power-reads until the defense finally allows a big one. 

Auburn needs a sustained drive. They should have Joiner in the backfield and work on putting together some longer drives. Ball control teams rip tempo teams to shreds with their own concepts.

How can these refs be soooo accurate on our penalties but turn a blind eye for Oregon. That was very touchy compared to the last punt return by Oregon. 

Honestly Bo start running a little more I think things open up. We need some screens to slow down the pressure. SLANTS PLEASE 

Serious question,  is falling on his feet still considered block in back by rule? 

1 minute ago, AUGoo said:

Actually he is making positive yardage behind a whipped line.

Ok

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Everyone is all over Gus, but the play calling has been fine. Bo made a mistake that last time and Steele’s defense has been awful. 

Same thing every year. Our pee wee football dads blame Gus. Thus far the blame goes squarely on KS. My hope is he adjusts. As far as our pee wee contingency, no hope.

1 minute ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

I can handle the INT. It wasn’t a bad decision, just a bad throw. This Dline and DBs are playing awful. 

It was a bad play call.  Oregon is actually IMO using the script you would use for a true freshman which is give him short easy throws to get his confidence up.  Bo has been poised I just don’t like that Gus called that roll out play to the left and forced him to throw across his body just not a good play call.  

1 minute ago, Eagle-1 said:

Aside from a wheel route the play calling has been terrible

What would you have him call. Did you expect him to trot Bo out there and go full air raid? More trick plays? I don’t get it. We are moving the ball.

Just now, AUBwins said:

Serious question,  is falling on his feet still considered block in back by rule? 

Only against Auburn and always in favor of Alabama in my viewing experience.

Archived