Oregon post game

Auburn2Eugene

5 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

He's come a long way! Patience, effort, and vision. 

Was happy with his effort, but he still tried to "out-athlete" some plays. One draw in particular opened beautifully but he tried to bounce it to the outside and got dropped for a 3yd loss after dancing around 3 or 4 defenders. 

He has potential to be very good but needs to trust his OL a bit more...that's a big ask right now.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Was happy with his effort, but he still tried to "out-athlete" some plays. One draw in particular opened beautifully but he tried to bounce it to the outside and got dropped for a 3yd loss after dancing around 3 or 4 defenders. 

He has potential to be very good but needs to trust his OL a bit more...that's a big ask right now.

Yeah that was brutal because that hole that opened up looked to have a ton of green beyond it 

Oregon was a lot better, especially on defense, than I expected them to be. I was hoping they would be more like Purdue, but no such luck. And I think they had an excellent defensive game plan, which was to take away AU´s running game and pressure the QB. I think Oregon will win a lot of games this year and I wouldn´t be surprised to see them finish in the Top 10. We beat a quality team last night.

Just now, bigbird said:

I don't know the play you're talking about, but I believe you. That said, he has come an immensely long way in that regard, and felt like those plays were outliers last night, as opposed to the norm. He made yards last night that no other back on our roster have shown the ability to make. I think he showed last night that he is very good, as opposed to the potential to be very good. I still like Shivers, and if the O-Line can build off of the second half last night, think he and Whitlow can turn into a pretty dynamic duo.

54 minutes ago, Brannigan's Law said:

At this point, can we stop pretending like Shivers deserves playing time? He is just the next in the long line of player that Gus has annoited as a starter without having to earn it. Why Gus has a 5'6 165lb guy out there in pass protection is mind boggling. 

Oh no you didn’t...

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

I don't know the play you're talking about, but I believe you. That said, he has come an immensely long way in that regard, and felt like those plays were outliers last night, as opposed to the norm. He made yards last night that no other back on our roster have shown the ability to make. I think he showed last night that he is very good, as opposed to the potential to be very good. I still like Shivers, and if the O-Line can build off of the second half last night, think he and Whitlow can turn into a pretty dynamic duo.

If he's not out there we don't win

8 hours ago, Stumptown Duck said:

Good game. Disappointed to say the least. I think we blew several wide open opportunities. I can't wait til we are fully healthy. But got dayum.

But I have to credit your team for taking control in the third and into the fourth when it mattered most. 

It is an odd year, perhaps you are a team of destiny. Perhaps we are too.

Best of luck the rest of the way. 

Go Ducks

Well said Stump, you have a great team and the best of luck to you and the Ducks, I hope ya'll win the PAC 12 and who knows maybe we will meet again in another bowl game. Wouldn't that be something. Take care..

WDE 

3 minutes ago, Brannigan's Law said:

Some of you fanboys need a dose of reality. This is the kind of place that thinks Will Hasting is a good player too. 

FFC18C83-AAD4-4976-A530-2AD92A79F785.jpeg

21 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Whitlow hasn't been my favorite but he was a warrior last night. He was the most important player in my mind. He wasn't scared. He let Oregon know he wasn't scared. He let everybody on our team know they better not be scared.    You would have to be at the game and watching everything to understand how valuable he was last night......I think the world of him now

Tell me more! I love reading insights like this that the tv doesn’t pick up. 

Did my guy JG seem ok on the sideline??

12 minutes ago, Brannigan's Law said:

Some of you fanboys need a dose of reality. This is the kind of place that thinks Will Hasting is a good player too. 

Dude, you're new here.  You are literally arguing with an active football coach in Bird.  I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he knows just a wee bit more about the game than you do.  Learn to shut up.

1 minute ago, AidiAU said:

Tell me more! I love reading insights like this that the tv doesn’t pick up. 

Did my guy JG seem ok on the sideline??

We had the bad start, people started putting their head down. One play Bo was hit pretty good after a throw. Whitlow jerked him up and said something that Bo said ok too before running off the field with his head up. 

Oregon's d line started feeling themselves and started talking. Sometimes whitlow would jump up after he was tackled, just jumped up fast knocking people off his back and he wound stand his ground and just look at them. You saw it became a match of wills with him. He was refusing to go down from the first hit every single time.

JG seemed sad in my opinion. He was nervous after his td run that they wouldn't call it a turnover....I sort of feel a type of way about using him like that. I do think this was the type of game that's talked about when they say when he plays we just win. But it was more important to stay with Bo after this start. I will say after walking up to him....he's a big dude. 

Just now, cole256 said:

Oregon fans are pretty awesome from my experience too

Same.  I had one dude around me who was cheering when Boobee went down around the 1.  Called him out and then another Oregon fan jumped on him too.  Everyone was chill after the game.  Just enjoyable people.

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

he's a big dude. 

His leap is pretty huge too. Wish we saw him in after Big Kat's fumble return. Joey's athletic potential is something I want to see more of. 

22 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He runs hard and made something out of nothing a few times but.... he missed holes more than once by trying to do exactly this. I am hoping that with some film study and good coaching (from a guy that made it to the NFL so he should know) he will get past this tendency. Hard habit to break when, I’m sure for his whole life, before AU he got away with it because he was the best athlete on the field. 

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Same.  I had one dude around me who was cheering when Boobee went down around the 1.  Called him out and then another Oregon fan jumped on him too.  Everyone was chill after the game.  Just enjoyable people.

The guy next to me offered to buy me a beer, (I don't drink)I shared half of my pizza with him. People were walking up dapping me to a point my cousin asked did I know a couple of people. They would do the Hawaii thumb pinky hand sign. I was literally thinking wow these are some awesome people

1 minute ago, fredst said:

He runs hard and made something out of nothing a few times but.... he missed holes more than once by trying to do exactly this. I am hoping that with some film study and good coaching (from a guy that made it to the NFL so he should know) he will get past this tendency. Hard habit to break when, I’m sure for his whole life, before AU he got away with it because he was the best athlete on the field. 

He has a lot of potential. I hope caddy can continue to develop it. He already looked much tougher than last year

Just now, cole256 said:

The guy next to me offered to buy me a beer, (I don't drink)I shared half of my pizza with him. People were walking up dapping me to a point my cousin asked did I know a couple of people. They would do the Hawaii thumb pinky hand sign. I was literally thinking wow these are some awesome people

I got offered tequila shots after the game by some Oregon folks.  Would love to hang out with them again in the future.  Just wish they had brought their band!

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Agree

Surprisingly when you watch him you can actually see he tries to do a Le'Veon Bell type of running style, he really is trying to be patient. 

I saw him miss some plays but I saw him make a few when his line failed him too. But I was really dialed in watching him, especially in the 3rd. He wore their d line out

23 minutes ago, Brannigan's Law said:

Sounds like you’re just in love with metrics.  Will caught one of the longer passes last night on our first scoring drive and drew a PI on another play to get a first down. To each his own. 

Archived