So what are the most urgent things that need to be addressed

cole256

1 minute ago, aubaseball said:

It’s not an argument.   Let’s agree that at the end of the year, let’s revisit this topic about the defense and see who was more right.   

The defense will be the only reason this team will win any of the games that it should win, ole miss, Arkansas and the like.   But make no mistake,  currently there is no chance of beating GA or Bama with this team.   And isn’t that the true measurement of a good Auburn team?

We're not beating LSU or A&M with this product either, and suddenly Florida, Arkansas MSU and Ole Miss have become much more of a challenge.  I would be completely disappointed, but not shocked if we dropped 2 or more of that last group as well. 

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are paying the price for insufficient O-line recruiting 3-4 years ago.  It sadly is the hardest position to fix, because most linemen need at least 2 years in your system before they are mentally and physically ready.   Other than that, it's all fixable.  Bo and the wide receivers will grow.  I have faith in our RB's.  Unfortunately, this is a bit like "Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?"  

10 minutes ago, cole256 said:

@bigbird hey bro what can we do seriously. I'm a little worried. I remember one year maybe 2013 where our o line play became much better around the 4th game of the season....was there any circumstances related to that or are you thinking it will happen this year.

I guess in short are you worried about this like me or am I tripping?

Been worried since the Washington game last year. Thankfully I was assured we just needed more time with Grimes. The line play has been bad but I haven't seen the center of guards on there butts as often as last year, so that's good. As far as being able to do something, I'd try and infuse some young, hungry, mean attitude from the underclassmen into the starting lineup. It can't be much worse and would help ease next year's difficulties.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Been worried since the Washington game last year. Thankfully I was assured we just needed more time with Grimes. The line play has been bad but I haven't seen the center of guards on there butts as often as last year, so that's good. As far as being able to do something, I'd try and infuse some young, hungry, mean attitude from the underclassmen into the starting lineup. It can't be much worse and would help ease next year's difficulties.

Have you heard of any of the young guys maybe having some fire and could possibly be ready? And I feel like we're weaker in the middle than the outside. We made Johnson for them look like Brown for us

I haven't seen all the drops this year that I've seen a couple of people mention.....in fact I've seen some pretty great catches on throws that wasn't all that great

Just now, cole256 said:

I haven't seen all the drops this year that I've seen a couple of people mention.....in fact I've seen some pretty great catches on throws that wasn't all that great

Hasting's adjustment last night was one of those.

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Have you heard of any of the young guys maybe having some fire and could possibly be ready? And I feel like we're weaker in the middle than the outside. We made Johnson for them look like Brown for us

Hamm and Jones have a nasty edge to them.

A couple of points everyone can agree on....

The interior of the OL is the team weakness, but we continue to go into games expecting to impose our will the opponent with our weakness. That's maddening. 

This defense would be ELITE with a legit edge pass rusher. I don't see one tho. Still waiting on a certain someone that supposedly flashes that ability in practice to show it in a game.

Play calling.

I have never been so bored in JHS in my life!  

When the highlight of the game is the Marching Band making the legs on the horse move, you know it was a slow game.  Seemed the officials couldn't get out of the way the entire game.  Just no flow to the game.  First quarter in particular, there was play stoppage every other play. TV timeouts- can't decide if I like the guy standing on the 20 yard line with a clock or not.  Would be interested to know how many runs were between the tackles.  Finally had enough and left beginning of the 4th quarter.  Where we were the seats had emptied out pretty well starting at half time.  I'm sure I missed a ton more runs up the middle.

Daughter unable to make this game.  My wife threatened me with coming back for the Ole Miss game.  Think I'll offer the daughter a $100 and find something else to do while attempting to watch that game at home.

Our offensive guru has certainly become offensive.

When's midnight madness again?

16 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

except Will and he is made of glass

I have to stick up for may Man Crush here, but did you see the targeting call that took him out of the game?  Not too many people would have been able to continue after that hit.

Center is such a problem it is killing our whole offense. The guards at least looked good at times when they pulled but they aren’t much better for the most part. With that OL play there is absolutely no way we can beat A&M/LSU/UGa/UA, probably UF. I can’t believe that there isn’t an alternative to KK that isn’t at least equivalent but with a higher ceiling.

12 minutes ago, bigbird said:

That sounds a whole lot like player development and future think.

Gus will sooner be riding his unicorn to work.

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

I have to stick up for may Man Crush here, but did you see the targeting call that took him out of the game?  Not too many people would have been able to continue after that hit.

Yep. I think Will is the best wide receiver on the football team at the moment. Maybe it is just bad luck but he can’t make it through a full game yet. 

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Hamm and Jones have a nasty edge to them.

Maybe so, but it can be coached out of them 🤫

How about special teams coverage?

This is asinine...No way around it. No excuse auburn should be that bad...None.

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

Yep. I think Will is the best wide receiver on the football team at the moment. Maybe it is just bad luck but he can’t make it through a full game yet. 

Did he end up with a concussion from last night's cheap shot?

2 minutes ago, fredst said:

Center is such a problem it is killing our whole offense. The guards at least looked good at times when they pulled but they aren’t much better for the most part. With that OL play there is absolutely no way we can beat A&M/LSU/UGa/UA, probably UF. I can’t believe that there isn’t an alternative to KK that isn’t at least equivalent but with a higher ceiling.

It is tough to watch. It comes back to 3 things: Recruiting, recruiting, and recruiting. 

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

I know, when I saw him come to the sidelines with his helmet off I was thinking he looks 16 years old at the oldest.  The man has some intestinal fortitude to go out there week after week and preform.

2 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

How about special teams coverage?

Yep, that's gonna cost us a game or two down the stretch. With this offense, we're gonna be punting a lot.  ;)

4 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Did he end up with a concussion from last night's cheap shot?

IDK, but I’m willing to bet he is in the concussion protocol.

3 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Yep, that's gonna cost us a game or two down the stretch. With this offense, we're gonna be punting a lot.  ;)

Yep fun times ahead...

44 minutes ago, cole256 said:

War Tim has checked out....then posted 4 more times.....Everybody respect his wishes and let him check out gracefully. I'm sure there's a point he made somewhere

Unlike your ....shall we say.....”comments”........

Archived