If you can't be respectful...

gr82be

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Agreed, I’ve hit my limit on venting. It’ll be slow here with the bye week so I’m going to keep starting threads like I did on the RBs to give us some positive fun things to talk about.

Side note: Darius Slayton is being spoken of highly on Thursday Night a Football from the commentators. He’s on the Giants and impressing the coaches apparently.

He's def missed here. It's imperative we have a threat to take the top off a defense and that takes more than just speed. 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

He's def missed here. It's imperative we have a threat to take the top off a defense and that takes more than just speed. 

If Schwartz ran a hitch route (stop and go) I think ankles would snap and we’d be sued with assault by a deadly weapon. 

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

If Schwartz ran a hitch route (stop and go) I think ankles would snap and we’d be sued with assault by a deadly weapon. 

He definitely has world class speed but so did jf3. I wonder how good he is with route running. But we don't send him on diverse routes....I don't want to start fussing but there are many that are fast but it doesn't translate in the NFL. It seemed as soon as Slayton was good to go he's been able to do it. I knew we'd miss him

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Yes I understand. I know who attacked him and I'm saying the reason he did is because he probably said something critical if Bo as that's what dude has been trolling about. My spell check changed a few of my words

Ahhh, okay. I didn't think what JMR said about Bo was all that bad. He did play poorly in the game. That doesn't mean there weren't all sorts of reasons that that happened. That is the problem lately. People grab onto one comment that someone makes and disregards the rest. They don't stop to try to understand the intent of the poster, or they read way more into their intent than is actually there. We all need to make sure that we give other posters the benefit of the doubt, rather than jumping on someone right away. People are trying so hard to be right and care so much about being right that they miss understanding other viewpoints. When someone gets on their high horse and argues a point like that, I try my best to walk away. We are all acting like experts and end up running the people off who may actually know something. 

5 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Ahhh, okay. I didn't think what JMR said about Bo was all that bad. He did play poorly in the game. That doesn't mean there weren't all sorts of reasons that that happened. That is the problem lately. People grab onto one comment that someone makes and disregards the rest. They don't stop to try to understand the intent of the poster, or they read way more into their intent than is actually there. We all need to make sure that we give other posters the benefit of the doubt, rather than jumping on someone right away. People are trying so hard to be right and care so much about being right that they miss understanding other viewpoints. When someone gets on their high horse and argues a point like that, I try my best to walk away. We are all acting like experts and end up running the people off who may actually know something. 

No I don't imagine jmr said anything bad at all he just did what his thread is titled and talked about what he saw. I went and looked and saw the troll's last post said just say blah blah blah and Bo sucks....he had been riled up on the subject of Bo.

Yes I can relate to all the other stuff you said. If you know football and talk about what you see it may not be the most popular view but what can you do? You can only talk about what you see. Sometimes if you see things before other people it makes other's mad

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

No I don't imagine jmr said anything bad at all he just did what his thread is titled and talked about what he saw. I went and looked and saw the troll's last post said just say blah blah blah and Bo sucks....he had been riled up on the subject of Bo.

Yes I can relate to all the other stuff you said. If you know football and talk about what you see it may not be the most popular view but what can you do? You can only talk about what you see. Sometimes if you see things before other people it makes other's mad

True, but no matter how much we think we know, there's always more to learn. And no matter how much we think we know, life always seems to be unpredictable and things change. Nothing is certain. You may be absolutely right one day and absolutely wrong on another day. Once you realize that, you gain a sense of humility that will lead you to be less argumentative. You will understand that being right isn't always important, either. I'm talking in generalities, not personally about one person. I'm talking from the perspective of someone who has gotten too my age way too fast and wonder how much of it I wasted thinking I knew everything! haha

17 minutes ago, cole256 said:

He definitely has world class speed but so did jf3. I wonder how good he is with route running. But we don't send him on diverse routes....I don't want to start fussing but there are many that are fast but it doesn't translate in the NFL. It seemed as soon as Slayton was good to go he's been able to do it. I knew we'd miss him

Random note but this reminds me of kick return and punt return professional Devin Hester. Man that dude was fun But he couldn’t catch passes or cover as a DB.

1 hour ago, ToraGirl said:

I've come to the reasonable conclusion that you never know who's typing, inebriated...

Believe it or not, I have really tried to alter my posting since your post in the “Crow” thread.  More specifically to 72’s comment that it’s disheartening for him to come here and it is no longer fun.  I said this on another thread, but that really hit me hard.  I know he wasn’t referring to me directly, but if I have anything to do with making this forum not fun for someone undergoing radiation and chemo then I needed to really alter my posting.  If this is an escape for people I want to do my part to make it worth their while to come here.  And trying to let things go better started with you and 72.

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

... take a break or leave but stop it with all the insults and criticisms of other posters and players. I'm just a nobody on here but it's ridiculous reading multiple pages of posters who can't find their way to a PM. Now we've lost another member who brought an informative viewpoint and a perspective that we all need sometimes, all because a poster wanted to try to get cute with the insults. I come here for information and to have fun. I have zero inside info and so I lurk, post when I feel like it and try to make someone else smile when I can. If you're on here just to be critical and pick an argument with someone then I feel really bad for you. I have gotten to the point where I just skip a couple of posters on here because they're either self promoting, attacking or just ultra sensitive. I'm just trying to get everyone to think before you post and stop with the insults. When you think about it if you aren't able to enjoy coming on here then why are you doing it anyway? 

Awesome thread!  Thank you for taking the time to create this.  If I may make a suggestion, to also add subtitle shots at others as well.

3 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

True, but no matter how much we think we know, there's always more to learn. And no matter how much we think we know, life always seems to be unpredictable and things change. Nothing is certain. You may be absolutely right one day and absolutely wrong on another day. Once you realize that, you gain a sense of humility that will lead you to be less argumentative. You will understand that being right isn't always important, either. I'm talking in generalities, not personally about one person. I'm talking from the perspective of someone who has gotten too my age way too fast and wonder how much of it I wasted thinking I knew everything! haha

I agree with what you say but in this case like you said earlier, you can eventually run somebody off that really knows something. I'm sure jmr has gotten things wrong but I imagine why many like his posts is because he knows stuff and gets things right more than wrong. 

Everybody has their own specialities and strengths and weaknesses. In my profession they make you train from many different people because you need all those perspectives....my profession tends to get me in trouble here as I'm taught to push back....that plays a role with different personalities on a forum as well.

I think people should expect to get challenged in every post, then you'd stop taking it personal when someone disagrees. But that's just me, thanks!

JMO but the real issue that causes major friction is that some people can't seem to resist taking a shot at another poster with whom they disagree....Basically..".if you disagree with me it's because YOU are wrong." or  " YOU are stupid".....or worse. …..and some folks could not even consider that the other person could be right....or perhaps just see the situation differently.      Furthermore, a few folks seem to spend a good part of their day looking for opportunities to call other posters out or just challenge comments solely for the purpose of stirring the pot. 

Sorry to see that Coach Ray may have pulled out....but hard to blame him when his opinions treated harshly or he is insulted.    I will miss his posts and hope he shares them on some other site. 

I'm not bailing out because frequently there is some good information on the site.....but pretty much I will refuse to engage in arguments for the sake of arguing.   The "ignore" button does not seem to work but when I check notifications and see certain names I will not waste time checking to see what they have to say in response to my posts. . 

Thanks gr8 for your OP. 

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Agreed, I’ve hit my limit on venting. It’ll be slow here with the bye week so I’m going to keep starting threads like I did on the RBs to give us some positive fun things to talk about.

Side note: Darius Slayton is being spoken of highly on Thursday Night a Football from the commentators. He’s on the Giants and impressing the coaches apparently.

Slayton scored his first TD last game. Not surprised he’s playing well

Slayton missed some catches but looked good. Stidham went straight to embrace him as the game ended. Love the Auburn bond. 

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

JMO but the real issue that causes major friction is that some people can't seem to resist taking a shot at another poster with whom they disagree....Basically..".if you disagree with me it's because YOU are wrong." or  " YOU are stupid".....or worse. …..and some folks could not even consider that the other person could be right....or perhaps just see the situation differently.      Furthermore, a few folks seem to spend a good part of their day looking for opportunities to call other posters out or just challenge comments solely for the purpose of stirring the pot. 

Sorry to see that Coach Ray may have pulled out....but hard to blame him when his opinions treated harshly or he is insulted.    I will miss his posts and hope he shares them on some other site. 

I'm not bailing out because frequently there is some good information on the site.....but pretty much I will refuse to engage in arguments for the sake of arguing.   The "ignore" button does not seem to work but when I check notifications and see certain names I will not waste time checking to see what they have to say in response to my posts. . 

Thanks gr8 for your OP. 

Yep i have gotten to that point too .

2 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Go to the Things I think I Saw thread. Read the last couple of pages.

Hmmm let me be nosey here

I believe most people come on this board to share opinions and get other people’s insight and opinions. Some, unfortunately come on here to ‘win’.  I’m fine with a few back and forth posts to debate, but once it shifts to arguing to ‘win’ I just move on. It’s just not worth it. I hope the poster who left returns. He offers great perspective. 

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I believe most people come on this board to share opinions and get other people’s insight and opinions. Some, unfortunately come on here to ‘win’.  I’m fine with a few back and forth posts to debate, but once it shifts to arguing to ‘win’ I just move on. It’s just not worth it. I hope the poster who left returns. He offers great perspective. 

Agree.  I think arguing is a contact sport to some on this board.  It's like driving down the interstate behind a guy doing 65.  Finally you decide to pass and suddenly their car can actually go 70....or even 80.  It's like....WTH MAN!

There's enough "rant" boards (probably every single one) so it's nice when this one is civil.  And what is the problem with being respectful?  It's like being kind is deemed a weakness now...

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

So, your version of a football (gladiator sport) message board would be something more like this? Ok got it...

83A84F93-06DC-493B-A0B0-23C7CC0C8FD8.jpeg

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

So what comes of this? Is the source coming back or not? Just ban the guy causing the problems. 

I think JMR will come back. He can’t let one dude run him off. Put him on ignore, move on. JMR has a ton of respect and support on here but if you can’t take criticism or put up with snarky comments then you MUST use the ignore feature, let it ride, or leave the board...I hope he doesn’t choose the last option.

8 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

So, your version of a football (gladiator sport) message board would be something more like this? Ok got it...

Funny pic. Civility is always appropriate. It has worked for me as a military leader, as a corporate leader, as a parent, and yes, even as a football fan. 

28 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

There’s a difference between playing football and discussing football on a message board.

33 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I think JMR will come back. He can’t let one dude run him off. Put him on ignore, move on. JMR has a ton of respect and support on here but if you can’t take criticism or put up with snarky comments then you MUST use the ignore feature, let it ride, or leave the board...I hope he doesn’t choose the last option.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking. Pointless to let an internet dude take away your passion and respect can tell he is passionate with relationship information to us 

Archived