Kirby: Pickens picked UGA because "he saw the ability to throw the ball at our place."

TitanTiger

On 11/14/2019 at 4:24 PM, tigeraddikt said:

I'm all for sending messages, but without the attempted murder aspect...

As long as no helmets are ripped off and used as deadly weapons I’m good with it.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, AU64 said:

Guys weren't good enough to start...not Gus's or Lindsey's fault.   They wanted to start and it was not gonna happen at AU.  That's just life in the Power 5. JMO

That’s not why I referenced those two situations. If you looked into it deeper than a face level you’d understand 

On 11/14/2019 at 3:00 PM, fredst said:

I wouldn’t wish ill on anyone......but I wish someone would Rosegreen Pickens sorry a**.

Dude, I understand your disappointment and frustration, but I don't wish that kind of hit on anyone! :no:

Besides, that would get a defender thrown out immediately in today's game.

I just hope we can throw the ball up and down the field and beat the Dawgs every year Pickens is there, and then some.

WAR EAGLE!!

On 11/14/2019 at 2:44 PM, TitanTiger said:

2019 Passing Stats

Fromm:   233 attempts, 67% completion, 1858 yds (206 per game), 8 yds per attempt, 13 TDs, 3 INTs

Nix:   248 attempts, 56.5% completion, 1798 yds (199.8 per game), 7.3 per attempt, 12 TDs, 6 INTs

That worked out well.

Those stats are more impressive when you consider the schedule of each.

53 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Those stats are more impressive when you consider the schedule of each.

Well this afternoon is the best way to end the debate 

10 hours ago, AU64 said:

Guys weren't good enough to start...not Gus's or Lindsey's fault.   They wanted to start and it was not gonna happen at AU.  That's just life in the Power 5. JMO

Asa was good enough to play more. He left because we screwed up his redshirt. 

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I'll never understand being mad at a guy who made a decision he thought was in his best interest

It was the 11.5th hour change-up that stoked the ire of the AU base.

3 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

totally, and especially since he was committed for so long, and bragged and talked about it through social media.

...Then  he flips just like that. THAT's why most AU fans were mad at him.

I'll never understand being mad at a guy who made a decision he thought was in his best interest

I'm mad at everyone who doesn't do exactly what I want all the time. :lol: 

If he knew for a while he was switching it is very immature even for an 18yr old.   I believe he had told Ga for a while 

9 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

Yes. Especially a big-time receiver deciding to go somewhere else, makes total sense to me; and I would never fault a kid for choosing a place that he perceived was better for his future. Even a late in the game change doesn’t bother me. As much as we make fun of the kids saying it both the schools and the players make “business decisions” all of the time. But, intentionally dragging it out while offering assurances that you were “committed” just so you can make the dramatic last minute flip....orchestrated, immature, and classless, IMO.

29 minutes ago, fredst said:

Yes. Especially a big-time receiver deciding to go somewhere else, makes total sense to me; and I would never fault a kid for choosing a place that he perceived was better for his future. Even a late in the game change doesn’t bother me. As much as we make fun of the kids saying it both the schools and the players make “business decisions” all of the time. But, intentionally dragging it out while offering assurances that you were “committed” just so you can make the dramatic last minute flip....orchestrated, immature, and classless, IMO.

Not to mention that it messes with the recruiting process to have a place "reserved" for a guy and then see him flip at the last second ….creates the possibility of letting another good prospect get away who might have been able to fill the slot.   BUT....lots of guys want their 3 minutes of fame on ESPN so that's just life now adays.

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

That's not why he chose UGA. 💰 💰 💰

12 hours ago, AU64 said:

Lol. You still trust Gus's talent evaluation and roster management. Bless your heart.

54 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

He was in Auburn the night before reassuring coaches and other commits he was going to Auburn.

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

I don't like how Pickens handled the situation, but there is definitely a double standard when it comes to coaches and players. 

When a coach says to his players and recruits that he's never leaving the school he's currently with, while secretly lining up another job, people forgive it by reasoning "what else is he supposed to say?" 

When a player does the same thing, he's a terrible person. 

Like I said, I don't appreciate the way Pickens handled his recruitment, but I'm not going to demonize him for it.

I still hope we beat his ass though. 

I don't know it from the inside but even if it's last minute it's a big decision to make. Of course it would be better if he didn't say anything at all but we would've recruited him the same way anyway. 

Just have a hard time understanding it....and as soon as he drop a couple of passes or don't catch a QB's horrible throw same people would have plenty to say about that....we don't deserve a players loyalty at all really but certainly not before he signs a scholly to play.

I’ll never fault somebody for making a decision in their personal and family’s best interest. But there are right and wrong way to do things, we all know that. I don’t wish anybody ill but I can recognize when somebody needs to gain maturity. Awfully hard to fault teenagers when the adults around them are probably encouraging the behavior we see (KS has a history of this dating to his Bammer days, one of the reasons I dislike him; there’s a difference in being a tough competitor and a douchebag- I can respect one of those, even if from Bama/UGA/etc)

My thing is this..grown adults let it go. It’s one thing if the players feel a way especially if it occurs due to a bond , although I highly doubt Nix is still feeling angry at him. Young adult, big decision of life, probably have other factors swaying him. Let it go. 

I don’t spend one second of my life worrying where some kid decides to play college football except when it’s to make a joke on a message board. 

Archived