Lot of smoke out there today

aubiefifty

1 hour ago, WalkingCarpet said:

What's going on in the Auburn blogosphere right now? A large contingent on ITAT and AUC are back to sunshine pumping. College and Magnolia was all about "changes needing to be made" on Sunday. Now they're back to pumping Gus and poo pooing spending the buyout. I'm not on the bunker so I can't say what's going on there. Only this site and the Rant are still fired up about what happened last Saturday.

What's the deal? 

I think most are most optimistic about the iron bowl with Tua being out because of our defense.  Don’t think anyone is optimistic about Gus or our offense though. Bamas defense isn’t Georgia’s or Florida’s but also can’t blame for not being optimistic 

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Timbeaux38 said:

This is the rub for me- the Turds expect to be in the SECCG most every year. Our expectations are that we may have a punchers chance to get there every 4-5. I never felt like maybe we can win the SEC every 5 years when coach Dye was at the helm. We expected to compete for Championships under that regime. We seem to be okay with mediocrity now. 

Just check out the general disparity between then and now for the SEC.

During PDs time I scrol through champion teams and see... Alabama, UGA, Florida, Auburn, Tenn, LSU... all of whom made multiple appeareances.

Look at the last ten years now... 6 Bamas, 2 Auburns, 1 LSU, 1 UGA.

2 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

Just check out the general disparity between then and now for the SEC.

During PDs time I scrol through champion teams and see... Alabama, UGA, Florida, Auburn, Tenn, LSU... all of whom made multiple appeareances.

Look at the last ten years now... 6 Bamas, 2 Auburns, 1 LSU, 1 UGA.

We also didn't have 2 divisions.

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

I'd say they are about the same in 2020. However, we would be moving forward into 2021, not starting over each year.  Our program has zero identity. Each year we wait 4 games to see what that year's team is gonna be. As a HC you should set the direction and identity if the program. After 7 years, our identity is that we are the most schizophrenic program in the nation.

Actually, I'd say our identity as a program is pretty well established. We'll have no offensive identity for the first 4 games of the season, then we'll start to click before Malzahn formulates a game plan that allows us to lay an egg against a solid team. Then we’ll bully around some bottom feeder SEC schools, which will generate some enthusiasm among the fanbase that maybe we won’t crap the bed again against our top Rivals, but *Spoiler Alert* we will.

11 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

Actually, I'd say our identity as a program is pretty well established. We'll have no offensive identity for the first 4 games of the season, then we'll start to click before Malzahn formulates a game plan that allows us to lay an egg against a solid team. Then we’ll bully around some bottom feeder SEC schools, which will generate some enthusiasm among the fanbase that maybe we won’t crap the bed again against our top Rivals, but *Spoiler Alert* we will.

Made for Aggies in the Sumlin era but it isn't far off of what happens to us nearly every year. 

Aggy-Annual-Roller-Coaster-ujy608-550x41

6 hours ago, Tiger said:

UNC isn't great but in year 2 under Mack Brown, considering our personnel change on the lines next year, won't be as easy as most on here will claim it will be over the summer. Mack will have all off-season to scout Gus and his tendencies and a new, inexperienced OL will be easy to exploit.

UNC's record is 4-6 but the margin of defeat in those games have been: 6, 3, 1, 2, 7, 7. All one possession games in a transition year for them. I look for them to take a step forward next year and Mack will be looking at our game against them as a spring board for the rest of their season.

If we drop that one, or look subpar in it even, the heat will be turned up and the board will be at each others throats from Week 2 onward

In hindsight, with all the returning leadership we had this year, we weren't gonna be bad enough to legit warrant a firing. But next year that could easily change. Have a bad feeling he pulls a few miracle wins out of his butt (against teams like UNC and MSU, not against the Big Three) and again makes it impossible to justify pulling the plug.

So, how many games would we need to lose next year for Gus to be gone?

There sure are a lot of thumbs down lately.   I got one for a reply from a month ago where I just explained why Coach is no longer atound

1 minute ago, lala said:

There sure are a lot of thumbs down lately.   I got one for a reply from a month ago where I just explained why Coach is no longer atound

Any given moment, any given emotion, and any tiny fragment of any previous post that is often misinterpreted start with. Would still love a WOW button, but folks would find a way to misinterpret those, too. It's okay. Your voice matters, and you rock, lala!

7 hours ago, lala said:

Yep. I've noticed this also. If you dislike the post of a couple of posters here, even if it is merited, they will then, in turn, dislike even the most innocuous post of yours. Petty being petty.

1 hour ago, SumterAubie said:

Yep. I've noticed this also. If you dislike the post of a couple of posters here, even if it is merited, they will then, in turn, dislike even the most innocuous post of yours. Petty being petty.

8 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

Any given moment, any given emotion, and any tiny fragment of any previous post that is often misinterpreted start with. Would still love a WOW button, but folks would find a way to misinterpret those, too. It's okay. Your voice matters, and you rock, lala!

Good points....long time ago I suggested a "disagree"  tag...but instead with got "dislike" with a thumbs down...which is not the same thing....but seems to be the only way of expressing disagreement with a comment. ….that or "face palm"....which is also a reaction of last resort when a poster persists in being an a**** by making personal attacks when someone has the temerity (or is it Audacity) to disagree with them.    

BUT I guess it is possible the mods like to have a selections of responses that is likely to engender a series of strenuous back and forth reactions though what usually happens is the thread gets sidetracked while a couple of posters try to see who can get in the last snarky word.   

SO...once again, I suggest we have an option that indicates   "Disagree" which should offend no one and might take care of the issue and not cause such a reaction from people who get one of those negative responses. 

23 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Good points....long time ago I suggested a "disagree"  tag...but instead with got "dislike" with a thumbs down...which is not the same thing....but seems to be the only way of expressing disagreement with a comment. ….that or "face palm"....which is also a reaction of last resort when a poster persists in being an a**** by making personal attacks when someone has the temerity (or is it Audacity) to disagree with them.    

BUT I guess it is possible the mods like to have a selections of responses that is likely to engender a series of strenuous back and forth reactions though what usually happens is the thread gets sidetracked while a couple of posters try to see who can get in the last snarky word.   

SO...once again, I suggest we have an option that indicates   "Disagree" which should offend no one and might take care of the issue and not cause such a reaction from people who get one of those negative responses. 

Some sites allow only positive emoticons, and if you want to express a disagreement you actually have to debate your case. Which is how it should be honestly, there are too many people here that dislike posts, etc that never post any kind of rebuttal. This isn’t meant towards you 64, Bc you actually debate, regardless of how our debates go, but too many randoms/people that don’t post use this feature.

On 11/22/2019 at 2:40 PM, Tiger said:

UNC isn't great but in year 2 under Mack Brown, considering our personnel change on the lines next year, won't be as easy as most on here will claim it will be over the summer. Mack will have all off-season to scout Gus and his tendencies and a new, inexperienced OL will be easy to exploit.

UNC's record is 4-6 but the margin of defeat in those games have been: 6, 3, 1, 2, 7, 7. All one possession games in a transition year for them. I look for them to take a step forward next year and Mack will be looking at our game against them as a spring board for the rest of their season.

If we drop that one, or look subpar in it even, the heat will be turned up and the board will be at each others throats from Week 2 onward

I agree. A friend at work is a big UNC fan and from what he's told me Brown is doing a good job on the recruiting trail and you're right on the margin of loss in those games. Should've had another chance against Wake, went for Clemson's throat, and 2 OT games

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

Some sites allow only positive emoticons, and if you want to express a disagreement you actually have to debate your case. Which is how it should be honestly, there are too many people here that dislike posts, etc that never post any kind of rebuttal. This isn’t meant towards you 64, Bc you actually debate, regardless of how our debates go, but too many randoms/people that don’t post use this feature.

Pretty much I'm good for one exchange but I will not get engaged in an endless back and forth that pretty quickly strays from fact or even honest opinion....and instead becomes a contest of wills along the line of "if you don't agree with me, it's because you are an idiot" 

But you are correct in that there is at least one notorious poster who only face palms about everyone of a conservative nature but never offers a contrary opinion.   It's useful to know where some people are coming from.....but JMO, there is nothing wrong with having differing opinions on a matter.  

As for the string of back and forth "debates" on this site, I've yet to see anyone say...."hey, you have a good point there and I'm on board with you".   In fact, mostly people start with an opinion/position and the longer the discussion/debate/exchange of insults,  the more they get dug in and the less tolerant they are to anyone who disagrees.....:dunno:  Just my observations....but of course you are free to disagree with me on the matter....:)

9 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Pretty much I'm good for one exchange but I will not get engaged in an endless back and forth that pretty quickly strays from fact or even honest opinion....and instead becomes a contest of wills along the line of "if you don't agree with me, it's because you are an idiot" 

But you are correct in that there is at least one notorious poster who only face palms about everyone of a conservative nature but never offers a contrary opinion.   It's useful to know where some people are coming from.....but JMO, there is nothing wrong with having differing opinions on a matter.  

As for the string of back and forth "debates" on this site, I've yet to see anyone say...."hey, you have a good point there and I'm on board with you".   In fact, mostly people start with an opinion/position and the longer the discussion/debate/exchange of insults,  the more they get dug in and the less tolerant they are to anyone who disagrees.....:dunno:  Just my observations....but of course you are free to disagree with me on the matter....:)

I’ve seen you insult people, put people down and generally act like a douche so please drop the holier than thou routine. You can have all the differing opinions you wish,. Although you don’t always seem to give others that same courtesy. There are others on here I disagree with but get along with because they don’t use passive aggressive posts to try and make those who are tired of Gus feel like disloyal Auburn fans.

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

Lol. I dislike stuff all the time but if you dislike MY stuff there's a problem here!

Biggest baby on any board 

Arkansas 247 is reporting there might be something in the works to restructure Gus's buyout so him and Auburn can make a clean separation. Can't do any cut and pasting because it's paid content. Anyone in the know heard anything about this? Might be old information after Gus got the vote of confidence.

8 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Arkansas 247 is reporting there might be something in the works to restructure Gus's buyout so him and Auburn can make a clean separation. Can't do any cut and pasting because it's paid content. Anyone in the know heard anything about this? Might be old information after Gus got the vote of confi

11 hours ago, lala said:

Biggest baby on any board 

I'm not the one crying that somebody disliked my post....that's you

9 hours ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Arkansas 247 is reporting there might be something in the works to restructure Gus's buyout so him and Auburn can make a clean separation. Can't do any cut and pasting because it's paid content. Anyone in the know heard anything about this? Might be old information after Gus got the vote of confidence.

Maybe the piggies should consider Kevin Steele, instead?

We have an entire thread explaining his seemingly endless catalog of qualifications and almost complete lack of downsides as an SEC HC.  Honestly, I'm kinda surprised schools aren't knocking down Steele's door for the HC position...   He's so hot right now! 

I'm thinking the loss of Steele would hasten GusBot's departure far more quickly than any bama or bowl loss...  

2 hours ago, AURealist said:

I'm thinking the loss of Steele would hasten GusBot's departure far more quickly than any bama or bowl loss... 

That would seal the deal for next year, I just won’t want to live through that. 

On 11/23/2019 at 4:32 PM, SumterAubie said:

Starting to resemble FaceBook which was a good concept that went bad over time.

Archived