LSU vs. Clemson Who ya got?

CleCoTiger

Didn't think I'd ever say this, but I now dislike Clemson and Dabo more than I dislike Bama and Saban. I hope LSU wins in whatever is the most painful, gut wrenching, heart ripping out way possible.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Didn't think I'd ever say this, but I now dislike Clemson and Dabo more than I dislike Bama and Saban. I hope LSU wins in whatever is the most painful, gut wrenching, heart ripping out way possible.

You can take the man out of Alabama but you can't take the Alabama out of the man. Not a fan of Dabo's either except for one year ago when they stomped a mudhole in the Tide. I hope LSU beats them worse than they did Oklahoma. 

Clemson will win (sigh).....I think Venables finds a way to slow down Burrow enough to keep it close and Clemson wins it in the 4th.  Pulling for LSU all the way though. Really impressed with Burrow, and I like to see him finish out on top. Plus I live in Clemson country and the whole area could really use a nice big dose of STFU! lol

I'm hoping LSU can pull it out close. Clemson has talent and is fresh, but other than OSU, untested (ACC doesn't have another team with fewer than 5 loses. A&M, the 4th best SEC West team, is the toughest team Clemson played in the regular season). OSU had them beat, but lost due to untimely penalties and red zone issues. LSU doesn't have those same red zone issues and that is why I pick them.

On 1/1/2020 at 4:05 PM, E'Town4Bama said:

Clemson will win because they are the new dynasty.

That's like saying buy this stock and it will go up  because it went up in previous years. It's saying nothing really.

On 1/3/2020 at 12:10 PM, Tiger said:

I think it may better for AU if Clemson won.

I definitely think it helps AU if a team called "The Tigers" wins.  We can't lose!

My feelings about the two head coaches is irrelevant. Auburn's history against both teams is irrelevant.

IMO, Ohio State was, top to bottom, a better team than LSU. I think OSU would have beat LSU. The Clemson win over OSU involved a lot of luck and ref calls.

Objectively, IMO Clemson should beat LSU. But I don't think the refs will let it happen.

Refs win it. LSU in a squeaker.

I live among a lot of good folks that are Clemson fans. For their sake, I will go with Clemson.  Does not really matter who wins this one for me though. My score pick....

Clemson 45

LSU 42 

A high scoring game with the team with the ball last wins the game!

Thinking that we see less scoring than most are predicting.   Pretty good defenses on both sides...game in the mid 30s by both teams. ...maybe like 34-31  

37 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Thinking that we see less scoring than most are predicting.   Pretty good defenses on both sides...game in the mid 30s by both teams. ...maybe like 34-31  

LSU's defense made strides in their last 3 games, I think they can pressure TL and force him into some bad throws.  OSU planted him a few times and he was slow to get up - I think Aranda will have his guys in attack mode.

I don't see how Clemson can stop Burrow and those WRs, I've watched Burrow vs the blitz and that kid knows how to read a defense and get out of pressure to make clutch throws and his WRs are right where he needs them.  I can see a lower scoring game with LSU winning by 2 scores to take home the NC. 

1 hour ago, keesler said:

LSU's defense made strides in their last 3 games, I think they can pressure TL and force him into some bad throws.  OSU planted him a few times and he was slow to get up - I think Aranda will have his guys in attack mode.

I don't see how Clemson can stop Burrow and those WRs, I've watched Burrow vs the blitz and that kid knows how to read a defense and get out of pressure to make clutch throws and his WRs are right where he needs them.  I can see a lower scoring game with LSU winning by 2 scores to take home the NC. 

Don't have stats to back it up but my impression is that both teams have good Red Zone defenses....and opponents need to be able to score from down field....and if not, there will be plenty of FGs between them....hence my score prediction.    :dunno:

I honestly can't predict this one. Everything tells me that LSU is better, however you just can't count out Clemson. They play big in big games.

I'll be pulling for LSU because I have some ties to some great people from Baton Rouge. Clemson is a thorn in our side on the recruiting trail, and I can't help but feeling a little sick that they are playing for their third title in four years while we are still Gussing around.

Whoever wins will not shock me. Pulling for lsWHO because....well...dabo. 

So Gatorade left Auburn out of its NC commercial. Powerade for me now. 

Yes, I'll be that petty. 

Archived