Who does Auburn close with for the 2020 class?

gc2525

Here is my guess.....UPDATED

• Hardy (DL)
  • Burks (DL)
  • Frazier (TE)
  • McGuire (K) if we take 26 this cycle

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, gc2525 said:

Here is my guess.....

• Hardy (DL)
  • Jackson (DL)
  • Buskey (OL)

Less than 25% Buskey stays in the class due to grades.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Hardy and 3 to 4 TBDs. Really hoping Broderick Jones is one of them.

I forgot Juco DT Marquis Burks so Hardy, Burks, & 2-3 TBDs. Burks doesn't affect McKinnley Jackson for those who may be wandering.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

I forgot Juco DT Marquis Burks so Hardy, Burks, & 2-3 TBDs. Burks doesn't affect McKinnley Jackson for those who may be wandering.

No OL candidates at the 11th hour?

10 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

No OL candidates at the 11th hour?

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

Really hoping Broderick Jones is one of them.

13 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

I'd like to see us sign another RB to go with Tank.

Not happening. We have a full backfield as it is now.

I have no idea who we will close with, but I do have a wish list 🤔😜

Harty - DL
Jones - Ol

Jackson - DL

a punter - I’ll volunteer to go to Australia on a recruiting trip if all the coaches are too busy 😁

1 hour ago, JoeinPF said:

I have no idea who we will close with, but I do have a wish list 🤔😜

Harty - DL
Jones - Ol

Jackson - DL

a punter - I’ll volunteer to go to Australia on a recruiting trip if all the coaches are too busy 😁

Better take some fire resistant clothing when you go.😁

So Hardy and Burks

And Hopefully Jackson and Jones.  

These 4 would make a very strong finish to an excellent class.  

Jones is the #1 priority!!!    5*, position of desperate need (in spite of our stellar depth at OT🙄), and no apparent backup plan at all if we miss on him.  

On 1/14/2020 at 6:30 PM, AUpreacherman22 said:

So Hardy and Burks

And Hopefully Jackson and Jones.  

These 4 would make a very strong finish to an excellent class.  

@AUpreacherman22 It's Hardy plus 4.

On 1/14/2020 at 6:30 PM, AUpreacherman22 said:

Jones is the #1 priority!!!    5*, position of desperate need (in spite of our stellar depth at OT🙄), and no apparent backup plan at all if we miss on him.  

We would look to the Grad Transfer Market if we miss on Bro-Jones & may still do so even if we get him.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

@AUpreacherman22 It's Hardy plus 4. Would be a surprise at this point if the TE Frazier isn't in the class.

We would look to the Grad Transfer Market if we miss on Bro-Jones & may still do so even if we get him.

We better be looking for another one even with Jones

There's an OT from Ole Miss in the transfer portal, Bryce Mathews. Any chance he would want to come play for Bicknell here at Auburn?

3 minutes ago, tsande07 said:

There's an OT from Ole Miss in the transfer portal, Bryce Mathews. Any chance he would want to come play for Bicknell here at Auburn?

He signed with Liberty

7 hours ago, Tigger1985 said:

Hope we get the chance to see what our new Oline coach can do with a five star

Hope he gets a chance with Jones.....

What to expect as the dead period comes to an end

By Keith Niebuhr
9595481.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offs
Broderick Jones (left). (Photo: Andrew Ivins, 247Sports)

The NCAA's month-long dead period will come to an end Thursday at midnight, and that means Gus Malzahn and his Auburn coaching staff will be back on the recruiting trail Friday in full force.

One target they plan to see Friday: Five-star Georgia offensive tackle commit Broderick Jones of Lithonia (Ga.). There will be many other prospects getting visits from the Tigers and we will pass that info along as it becomes available.

Additionally, schools can host recruits the next three weekends and the Tigers will do just that. It'll be a mix of official visits and unofficials for underclassmen.

Here are some official visits of note:

-This weekend: Three-star tight end Brandon Frazier of Texas. This could be shaping up to be an Auburn-Texas Tech battle for the former Arkansas commit.

-Jan. 24: Four-star defensive end Deandre Butler of Independence Community College (Kan.), a Georgia native. Oklahoma (this week) and Oregon (Jan. 31) also will get officials. One source thinks the Tigers are the team to beat.

-Jan. 31: Jones, the longtime Georgia commit. He's probably Auburn's biggest and most important target. Two weeks ago at the Under Armour All-America Game in Florida, he said the Tigers and Bulldogs were running neck and neck. He'll announce his final decision National Signing Day, which is Feb. 5.

Auburn will host a bunch of juniors Jan. 25 and again the weekend. The Tigers have home basketball games (Iowa State on the 25th, then Kentucky the following Saturday) those two weekends so there will be a flurry of activity on campus. Two 5-stars -- that we know of so far -- plan to visit those weekends.

One is junior tackle Amarius Mims of Georgia. Tommy Brockermeyer, a tackle from Texas, is the other. There likely will be other 5-stars in town those weekends as Auburn looks to get things cranking for the 2021 recruiting cycle.

Things go "dead" again Feb. 2 -- and the whole month of February is dead. That means no visitors on campus -- and no recruiting trips for coaches.

We will keep you posted as we learn about more visits.

For those who may not follow recruiting terminology as closely as others, here's the NCAA's definition of the different periods and some key dates to know ahead of National Signing Day in February:

Dead Period (Dec. 16 - Jan. 16): "A dead period is that period of time when it is not permissible to make in-person recruiting contacts or evaluations on or off the member institution’s campus or to permit official or unofficial visits by prospective student-athletes to the institution’s campus." This essentially means coaches can't go see prospects or have prospects visit their campus, either on official or unofficial visits. Phone calls and messaging are still allowed, however.

Contact Period (Jan. 17 - Feb. 1): "A contact period is that period of time when it is permissible for authorized athletics department staff members to make in-person, off-campus recruiting contacts and evaluations." This is when coaches you see coaches visit the schools and do in-home visits with prospects and can have recruits back on campus for official and unofficial visits.

Quiet Period (Feb. 2): "A quiet period is that period of time when it is permissible to make in-person recruiting contacts only on the member institution’s campus. No in-person, off-campus recruiting contacts or evaluations may be made during the quiet period." The quiet period basically means prospects can be on campus wrapping up their official visits this weekend, but only on campus

Dead Period (Feb. 3 - Feb. 29): National Signing Day falls on Wednesday, Feb. 5 this year.

Quiet Period (March 1 - April 14): Last year, this quiet period began on Feb. 8, which meant teams could start conducting prospect days (AKA "junior days") just two days after National Signing Day. This year's post-NSD dead period runs through the end of February, which means no prospect days will happen until at least the first of March.

On 1/6/2020 at 7:52 AM, gc2525 said:

Here is my guess.....

• Hardy (DL)
  • Jackson (DL)
  • Buskey (OL)

UPDATED GUESS:

• Hardy (DL)
  • Frazier (TE)
  • Butler (DE)
  • JUCO (OL) or GT (P)

1 hour ago, gc2525 said:

UPDATED GUESS:

• Hardy (DL)
  • Frazier (TE)
  • Butler (DE)
  • JUCO (OL) or GT (P)

Counting Hardy we have five spots. And you forgot the DT Burks who is a take And we lead.

I'd love to get those guys. But the most impactful addition we could have for next year is one of the stud Oline graduate transfers that are available.

Archived