LSU @ Vandy

looney

LSU down 5 late in the 1st.

Would love to see them trip up here.

LSU 14 of 16 from the FT line. Vandy 2 of 2. And still up.

Vandy got up by as much as 13 with a few minutes to go. LSU finishes on a run to pull it back to 5 at the half.

Vandy up 86-83 with 3 and a half minutes left. AKA LSU has them right where they want em! lol.

88-84 with Vandy going to the line for the AND ONE.

Vandy 5 point lead with 3 minutes left.

91-84 vandy with 2 minutes left.

93-87 vandy with a minute 30 left.

96-87 Vandy with a minute left.

Vandy wins 99-90!!! IF WE TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS we will pull even with LSU. Even though LSU just lost SOMEHOW THIS GAME GOT EVEN MORE IMPORTANT SATURDAY!!!! LETS GOOOOOOOO!!!!!

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Happy Vandy won but I also know that means LSU is going to be tougher to beat Saturday.

Absolutely it will light a fire under them and re focus them. They will be a really desperate and motivated team Saturday.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Absolutely it will light a fire under them and re focus them. They will be a really desperate and motivated team Saturday.

And our team knowing that should light a thermal fire in our team!

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Yup but if we can get the W we have the tie breaker over them & the easier schedule the rest of the way.

18 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yup but if we can get the W we have the tie breaker over them & the easier schedule the rest of the way.

IF IF IF IFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF we could somehow someway manage to get this extremely CLUUUUUUUUTCH win we could go on a role potentially playing a banged up Bama at home next week and then AT Mizzou next weekend. A Road game yes. But a manageable road game.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

I didn't think there was a tie breaker in SEC basketball? Isn't that how we ended up in a tie with TN a couple of years ago despite having the head-to-head win?

Either way, I'm so glad to see LSU lose! As someone who frequents the Rant, the LSU fans were becoming even more insufferable than before with their cockiness. :D

2 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

I didn't think there was a tie breaker in SEC basketball? Isn't that how we ended up in a tie with TN a couple of years ago despite having the head-to-head win?

Either way, I'm so glad to see LSU lose! As someone who frequents the Rant, the LSU fans were becoming even more insufferable than before with their cockiness. :D

The short answer is yes... But we all know who really won the SEC in 2017/18.

I remember my dad raised a good point in that, that year TN was also picked almost dead last in preseason predictions... So we weren't too terribly upset to share the title.

But now LSU? To quote Ed Orgeron...

"🤬 em"

4 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

There is for SEC Tourney seeding purposes. Taking a page out of the book from you the other day that 1 looks quite a bit better than a 2 on tv for tournament play.

I don't care what anyone says if we beat LSU on Saturday we'll be first in the league with a tied record and a win over them. And the standings when they show it on TV will likely have us at the top.

Just like we were SEC regular season champs in 2018. We beat UT h2h. I really think if it wasn't UT Bruce wouldn't have been so "nice" about sharing the title with them. Publicly anyway. I'm sure in private he points out how we beat them in our h2h matchup.

This game vs LSU was huge anyway and deserved every ounce of our focus. I think this loss puts us in a position to be #1 in the league and it should be an added motivation for this weekend. LETS GET THIS DUB BAYBAYYYY

I haven't been as sold on LSU as a lot of other people. They played the easy part of their conference schedule and went 8-0 with wins by 2, 1, 4, 4, and 2. Throw in the Texas game where they won by 2 and they haven't impressed me. Now they're about to come against the gauntlet of: @Auburn, @Alabama, Kentucky, @South Carolina, @Florida, and @Arkansas. I could realistically see them losing all 6 of those games.

Archived