Emmert the hypocrite

Tigerbelle

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/ncaas-emmert-presses-senate-for-guardrails-on-athlete-pay/ar-BBZTqlO?li=BBnba9I                    

Sorry I can't copy the article right now.....and this may not be the right place for it.

Emmert's attitude is sickening.                                                  

There you go Emmert, get the government involved to help you make the rules, so when amateur athletics all goes to hell you stand up and say it was all bureaucracies fault.

3 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/ncaas-emmert-presses-senate-for-guardrails-on-athlete-pay/ar-BBZTqlO?li=BBnba9I                    

Sorry I can't copy the article right now.....and this may not be the right place for it.

Its so funny seeing him run to lawmakers when the NCAA fought for SO LONG to keep Washington out of the NCAAs business...

Emmert sees his "association" falling apart at the seams. 

This is the works of a desperate man trying desperately to keep an outdated organization afloat.

Frankly its about time for 4 different 16 team super conferences that are self governing... Its only waiting for the first school to make a move. Its going to be like a tidal wave. Once that first school tells the NCAA audios, the NCAA will likely cease to exist within months.

No Emmert?No NCAA? How will uat survive???

Not sure why but something tells me college football is being prepared to be controlled by another organization other than the ncaa and their respective universities. My guess is this organization is already in place. If you think hard enough you can probably figure out who has the money, power, structure, and policies and procedures to manage college football not named the ncaa. 

1 hour ago, creed said:

Not sure why but something tells me college football is being prepared to be controlled by another organization other than the ncaa and their respective universities. My guess is this organization is already in place. If you think hard enough you can probably figure out who has the money, power, structure, and policies and procedures to manage college football not named the ncaa. 

My gut says college football is being prepared to go away. This will ruin it. 

As long as Emmett is the "CEO" of the big bad NCAA, Bammer and little Nicky has nothing to worry about. However, when ever he steps down, then the mighty hammer fill fall and fall hard.

1 hour ago, kevon67 said:

With gaming growing...........intrest in sports is slowly dying out😢

The revenue from television deals seems to say otherwise.  If anything gaming makes the interest grow more and more

8 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

The revenue from television deals seems to say otherwise.  If anything gaming makes the interest grow more and more

Well Egames gets more viewers than the Super Bowl, just saying...........There was a time when there was sports and that was it for kids, today not so much.

20 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

There's no plan in place to regulate the amount of $$ student-athletes will be getting.  If a dozen states pass laws that allow athletes to get compensation for endorsement deals and the state of Alabama doesn't have the same law then how will the Alabama schools be able to compete in recruiting?  Every top recruit will go where the $$ is and their parents will push them to do it, if any program knows what parents are willing to do it's AU because parents have their hands out 24/7 and will take $$ in a heartbeat.

7 minutes ago, keesler said:

There's no plan in place to regulate the amount of $$ student-athletes will be getting.  If a dozen states pass laws that allow athletes to get compensation for endorsement deals and the state of Alabama doesn't have the same law then how will the Alabama schools be able to compete in recruiting?  Every top recruit will go where the $$ is and their parents will push them to do it, if any program knows what parents are willing to do it's AU because parents have their hands out 24/7 and will take $$ in a heartbeat.

You're right, but Alabama is the one state in this nation that you can worry the least about dragging its feet on whatever legislation is necessary to keep its college football teams competitive. 

But do they even have to pass legislation? Are there any laws in place prohibiting it? It's just NCAA rules, right?

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

You're right, but Alabama is the one state in this nation that you can worry the least about dragging its feet on whatever legislation is necessary to keep its college football teams competitive. 

But do they even have to pass legislation? Are there any laws in place prohibiting it? It's just NCAA rules, right?

Look at the Cali law they passed last year + several other states as well.  There would certainly have to be agents involved in endorsement deals with athletes, someone has to manage and arrange autograph sessions and the school likely won't do it for them. 

The NCAA rules would be broken the moment an athlete signed the first t-shirt and received compensation for it.  As long as the NCAA is in place and schools are voluntary members then the member schools agree to abide by the ncaa laws.

15 hours ago, creed said:

N.F.L.

19 minutes ago, keesler said:

Look at the Cali law they passed last year + several other states as well.  There would certainly have to be agents involved in endorsement deals with athletes, someone has to manage and arrange autograph sessions and the school likely won't do it for them. 

The NCAA rules would be broken the moment an athlete signed the first t-shirt and received compensation for it.  As long as the NCAA is in place and schools are voluntary members then the member schools agree to abide by the ncaa laws.

Hah, I hadn't even read the article and misunderstood what was going on. The states are passing laws to supercede the NCAA and it is the NCAA, shocker, dragging its feet.

Well, good. I'm glad these states are done waiting and I hope the Senate tells Emmert to go sit on a stick. 

College football won't miss a beat after a more fair arrangement for the players is reached. The rich will stay rich, the existing inequities in the locker room will continue to exist, and the game will still be fun to watch. 

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Hah, I hadn't even read the article and misunderstood what was going on. The states are passing laws to supercede the NCAA and it is the NCAA, shocker, dragging its feet.

Well, good. I'm glad these states are done waiting and I hope the Senate tells Emmert to go sit on a stick. 

College football won't miss a beat after a more fair arrangement for the players is reached. The rich will stay rich, the existing inequities in the locker room will continue to exist, and the game will still be fun to watch. 

The States (some of them) are forcing the NCAA to act on these new state laws.  To my knowledge the state of Alabama hasn't even brought law to before the current legislative session going on right now in Montgomery.  

If other states are ready to jump up and allow players to receive compensation for their likeness and the SEC states lag behind then there's huge potential for top recruits to go where a program will pay them.

Personally, I ride the fence this issue, I just don't want Auburn to suck hind teet when schools from the west coast are paying and we aren't.

45 minutes ago, keesler said:

Since players are already receiving cash and other benefits …...with bammer being one of the biggest offenders, which he is well aware of......his CONCERN about keeping NCAA sports as amateur is completely hypocritical.....did you miss that part? And he dawdled and wasted time about this issue until now he has to deal with a looming crisis.  What he should have done was to address it years ago.....but then his buddy lil' nickey would not have had an advantage over everyone else for 10 years.  Emmert is a joke and the NCAA has become an inconsistent, corrupt organization under his tenure. 

8 minutes ago, keesler said:

The States (some of them) are forcing the NCAA to act on these new state laws.  To my knowledge the state of Alabama hasn't even brought law to before the current legislative session going on right now in Montgomery.  

If other states are ready to jump up and allow players to receive compensation for their likeness and the SEC states lag behind then there's huge potential for top recruits to go where a program will pay them.

Personally, I ride the fence this issue, I just don't want Auburn to suck hind teet when schools from the west coast are paying and we aren't.

Yep, totally get all that.

Even if Alabama is dumb enough to be late to the table on this, it won't take but one substandard recruiting cycle to whip their asses into shape. In the meantime, it would be a shame for players to have to go unnecessarily far to play ball but at least they'd have that choice and get what they deserve. 

44 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Since players are already receiving cash and other benefits …...with bammer being one of the biggest offenders, which he is well aware of......his CONCERN about keeping NCAA sports as amateur is completely hypocritical.....did you miss that part? And he dawdled and wasted time about this issue until now he has to deal with a looming crisis.  What he should have done was to address it years ago.....but then his buddy lil' nickey would not have had an advantage over everyone else for 10 years.  Emmert is a joke and the NCAA has become an inconsistent, corrupt organization under his tenure. 

I see your point Belle, but the first state to pass the law was California last year in October/November i believe, and the law doesn't go into effect until 2023. 

Up to 16 more states were in the process of adopting the law after Cali passed theirs, including Florida/Georgia/So Carolina/Kentucky.  The NCAA is being forced to act on this and put rules and regulations in place that coincides with the state laws.  This issue has nothing to do with "lil' nicky' or Emmert turning a blind eye to his son-in-law allowing Will Wade to make strong ass offers in LSU's athletic department or Coach Cal cheating his ass off for players or  Kirby buying recruits for uga.

If the state of Alabama doesn't put a California (+16 other states) have on the table and the other states pass there's then then Alabama schools could be the left behind in the recruiting wars within 2 recruiting cycles.  Auburn could lose recruits to any state that passed a law to compensate their athletes, including Fla/Uga schools where we recruit very heavily.

Emmert's organization is made up of member schools, they need to get to the grindstone and hash this out within themselves if they plan to exist and govern college athletics in the future.  All those NCAA March Madness will be gone when there's no NCAA - all that NCAA licensed apparel will be gone when the NCAA is no more. 

18 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yep, totally get all that.

Even if Alabama is dumb enough to be late to the table on this, it won't take but one substandard recruiting cycle to whip their asses into shape. In the meantime, it would be a shame for players to have to go unnecessarily far to play ball but at least they'd have that choice and get what they deserve. 

They won't have to go far at all to get paid to play.  Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, SoCarolina all have laws in the system to pass probably in this years legislative session.  That's 4 SEC schools + Clemson, Louisville, FSU, Miami, etc that would be paying players that we'd likely have to recruit against in football/basketball and any other sport.

10 minutes ago, keesler said:

They won't have to go far at all to get paid to play.  Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, SoCarolina all have laws in the system to pass probably in this years legislative session.  That's 4 SEC schools + Clemson, Louisville, FSU, Miami, etc that would be paying players that we'd likely have to recruit against in football/basketball and any other sport.

Welp. Sounds like we have an Alabama congress problem then. I stand corrected! 

14 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Welp. Sounds like we have an Alabama congress problem then. I stand corrected! 

Exactly - it's not a Emmert problem, each State should take action and get on board immediately passing equal laws that other states are passing to outright pay their athletes what they're due.

17 hours ago, kevon67 said:

With gaming growing...........intrest in sports is slowly dying out😢

Gaming is now a varsity sport for High Schools in some areas.  It is in mine.

Enmmert is trying to keep the old system in place to protect the favored teams like bammer.  But it's too late and he as usual is mishandling it by whining to Congress. What he should be doing is working with all 50 states to make a uniform agreement. 

1 hour ago, AUfan_UAgrad said:

Gaming is now a varsity sport for High Schools in some areas.  It is in mine.

TIMEOUT STOP THE THREAD! WHAT WORLD ARE WE LIVING IN WHERE THE NERDS WEAR THE LETTERMEN JACKETS????

Archived