2022 4* LB Robert Woodyard (Bama)

ellitor

15 hours ago, toddc said:

https://247sports.com/Player/Robert-Woodyard-46056868/
Woodyard seems to be open for Auburn to recruit him, but it’ll be tough to get him from the turds I’m sure. 
Mobile kid. 4* ILb and we definitely need one or two of these. Just ask @Mikey  Shmedding is at least talking to him and I hope he can get him on campus. AU sells AU!!

Our recruiting success or failure this coming cycle depends on the NCAA opening up on-campus visits for prospects. Moreso than most places, AU needs to have them here in person. Virtually every prospect comments on leaving "I was surprised". We can't surprise them with Zoom calls.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Our recruiting success or failure this coming cycle depends on the NCAA opening up on-campus visits for prospects. Moreso than most places, AU needs to have them here in person. Virtually every prospect comments on leaving "I was surprised". We can't surprise them with Zoom calls.

Dead period is expected to end by the end of May FWIW.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I believe this staff will overcome that notion. No question AU is a special place. But over the years we have lost plenty of top recruits to inferior campuses and programs. We’ve also lost top recruits after they attended best in class campus experiences like like the Kick 6 game and upsets of top ranked teams. The atmosphere they witnessed couldn’t have been more unbelievable. Yet they didn’t come. I believe we need to stop making excuses and find ways to exploit our strengths and shade our weaknesses. FWIW, I’m already noticing a difference in the perception of our recruiting approach with this staff. I’ve read several articles where recruits were very impressed after a virtual visit, (these seemed to be non existent from our previous staff) or referring to their AU recruiter talking to them daily and being relentless.  The previous staff seemed to put 90% of their efforts into the Big Cat Weekend. Harsin and company are modernizing our approach with a new level of creativity. 

• Love 1

I'm sure CBH and his staff are well aware that it is extremely rare to flip a commit from UAT, not just for Auburn but for any program. Unless of course the recruit is in Saban's Processed Portal. But given some time for this impressive staff (and the aging of CNS) I can seen that changing sometime in the not too distant future.

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Update on this kid? Reading that our staff has made up a lot of ground.

There is a separate thread about him in the main recruiting forum. When you bumped this I thought we conceded victory to bama....my heart sank.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

There is a separate thread about him in the main recruiting forum. When you bumped this I thought we conceded victory to bama....my heart sank.

My bad!!!

• Like 1