College Football 2020 (merged threads again)

KnightTiger

This is uncharted water no doubt. All we can do is to take this day to day and hope that the worst will be far less dramatic than what we are being told will likely happen.  We need our structure to remain intact as much as possible.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I would be more than happy to start a thread with a Q&A with myself and anyone else in the financial industry answering questions you guys have.  I will leave it up to the mods if they think that is a good idea or not.

I have learned a lot of people who are not financial literate are too embarrassed to ask so they never do and put themselves in a hole.  I hope people know by now I am not one to judge and enjoy helping those that need help.  That’s how I got started with my own practice before it was bought my my current firm: helping people get out of debt.

If the mods don’t want a thread, any and all are welcome to send me a PM with questions.  I welcome it to anyone in the Auburn Family!  Seriously. 

Do it in All Things Considered. 

8 minutes ago, alexava said:

When I get to the office tomorrow I will set up a thread

On 3/17/2020 at 7:29 PM, GwillMac6 said:

This country desperately needs football in the fall. We desperately need the NBA playoffs in the summer to take our minds off all of this. There is no outlet for us to escape and get away from the crappines of the world. Especially now that it's worse than ever. If games can't be played with fans? So be it. But we need them to be played. 

We cannot let this dictate our lives for the foreseeable future and continue to put our life on hold. At some point we just have to live with it and manage it the best we can. Take precautions, be smart and safe about it but eventually lead your normal life.

This is going to cripple small businesses and hourly workers who can't afford to not be open or not work.

At least we still have wrestling (albeit a bit watered down). 👊

4 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

So GwillMac you give me a down vote for being concerned about players/coaches?

I gave you a down vote because YOU gave me a down vote first. I am a petty messy little bitch. Simple as that. I never down vote someone first but if they hit me with it I am going to re pay the favor in return. 

dfsdfs.gif

15 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Hey we need a Financial Forum. I would love that.

11 hours ago, alexava said:

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I gave you a down vote because YOU gave me a down vote first. I am a petty messy little bitch. Simple as that. I never down vote someone first but if they hit me with it I am going to re pay the favor in return. 

dfsdfs.gif

Judging by the downvotes you're getting, bro, you're doing just fine. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:
9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

dfsdfs.gif

Judging by the downvotes you're getting, bro, you're doing just fine. 

Downvotes are cool....

giphy.gif

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

dfsdfs.gif

I got a thumbs up from i can't hear you yesterday. Things are all messed up right now. :dunno:

20 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Downvotes are cool....

giphy.gif

That's mesmerizing because it doesn't pause at all. It just keeps going. It's hilarious. 

19 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I got a thumbs up from i can't hear you yesterday. Things are all messed up right now. :dunno:

ICHY and I actually agree on a lot- I think? hard to tell- and I still earn a regular facepalm. 

11 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

dfsdfs.gif

Where kemo sabe?

22 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Where kemo sabe?

I’m not taking sides in this kerfuffle, but you facepalmed him (not downvoted). 

Stay safe, everyone. 

It seems premature to be kissing the football season good bye.  That's almost 5 months away.

We may not eradicate the virus by then.  But I'm hoping it can be managed in such a way as to allow the football season to proceed as planned. 

6 minutes ago, countoff said:

It seems premature to be kissing the football season good bye.  That's almost 5 months away.

We may not eradicate the virus by then.  But I'm hoping it can be managed in such a way as to allow the football season to proceed as planned. 

I think it will be played. But I don't think there will be any fans in the stands. At least not at first. But hey some form of football is better than no football!!!

I just saw an article that says chloroquine (a medicine used to treat malaria) has shown some promise in treating  coronavirus.  Hopefully, this might be a solution or at least a means to manage it.

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I think it will be played. But I don't think there will be any fans in the stands. At least not at first. But hey some form of football is better than no football!!!

if no fans are allowed in the stadiums then I think several may choose not to  field a team those are college kids in helmets and pads and they feed off the energy from the fans

3 hours ago, countoff said:

I just saw an article that says chloroquine (a medicine used to treat malaria) has shown some promise in treating  coronavirus.  Hopefully, this might be a solution or at least a means to manage it.

trump mentioned it his press conference! however I believe there will still have to be test trials done on it so still probably looking at 3-4 month timeline before its even available at pharmacies

2 hours ago, countoff said:

Me too. I'm thinking of we quarantine Gus it will work out. 

3 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Me too. I'm thinking of we quarantine Gus it will work out. 

The "Gus" talk was really getting old.  But now I would really prefer to be talking about Gus again rather than talking about canceling the football season.

Does anyone know if Gus and the coaching staff get paid should the season be cancelled.  And would a cancelled season still count towards Gus' remaining years in his contract?  And how does all this affect the players scholarships and years of eligibility?

15 minutes ago, countoff said:

The "Gus" talk was really getting old.  But now I would really prefer to be talking about Gus again rather than talking about canceling the football season.

Does anyone know if Gus and the coaching staff get paid should the season be cancelled.  And would a cancelled season still count towards Gus' remaining years in his contract?  And how does all this affect the players scholarships and years of eligibility?

I would think he would still be paid regardless. I know what you mean about the talk about Gus and I know you didn't always care for it. Thanks for being a good sport. I really do like Gus and I keep hoping...well you know. 

54 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I would think he would still be paid regardless. I know what you mean about the talk about Gus and I know you didn't always care for it. Thanks for being a good sport. I really do like Gus and I keep hoping...well you know. 

I've been critical of Gus too.  It's just that there's only so much that can be said.  

But boy!  I really hate this talk of canceling the season!

the only time(s) both Auburn and Alabama did not field a football team was during the Spanish Flu and both World Wars! that said id say these next 2-3 weeks should be critical if this social distancing works then we should be looking at a whole month of April and possibly May  of no new reported cases! however blackeye is teens rushing to the beach for spring break with no clue of how many people theyve infected in that time span BTW  smart move on Ivey and the rest on closing the beaches

Archived