Caylin Newton Transfers to AU as a Walk On

toddc

On 7/24/2020 at 10:17 AM, toddc said:

I think it would be best to have Caylin train a bit at QB and WR. He's never going to get starting reps at WR with the way we recruit at that position, but he could bring college QB like insight when he's talking to the men there. He also can make any throw so being able to switch him and Bo at any given moment and keep the pedal pressed gives you a few wrinkles 

17 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

He also can make any throw so being able to switch him and Bo at any given moment and keep the pedal pressed gives you a few wrinkles 

He can make any throw? 

2 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

He can make any throw? 

Yup! That's why he was playing at a much lower level college in terms of athletics.

18 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yup! That's why he was playing at a much lower level college in terms of athletics.

They believe in Caylin talent so much they decided to get a transfer QB from bowling green too lol 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

He can make any throw? 

Yes. Can he do that at the highest percentage? No. But high percentage passers and high percentage throws isn't an attribute Gus seems to care much for. 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

It's like this post is implying there's not quarterbacks from that "much lower level college in terms of athletics" that can make every throw...I mean, I personally hope that's not what is being implied here, but the only way this could have bearing to the original point is if that's what is being said here. 

55 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Yes. Can he do that at the highest percentage? No. But high percentage passers and high percentage throws isn't an attribute Gus seems to care much for. 

It's like this post is implying there's not quarterbacks from that "much lower level college in terms of athletics" that can make every throw...I mean, I personally hope that's not what is being implied here, but the only way this could have bearing to the original point is if that's what is being said here. 

So the kid can make any throw but he’s been playing at Howard, had to walk-on at Auburn and didn’t have any offers from any other school? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

So the kid can make any throw but he’s been playing at Howard, had to walk-on at Auburn and didn’t have any offers from any other school? 

You could've asserted your point, and ignored anything further I had to bring to the table, without quoting me and wasting my time. But I'll restate what I said last time and maybe you'll read it instead of getting your agenda off: his accuracy. Clear issue with that. You can read the stats, you can see that he has mechanical hitches in his highlights. 

He's not Aaron Rodgers, but he is a guy that has a strong arm and has made enough tough throws against FBS competition to make a "wildcat" QB playbook centered around him more than viable. At least viable enough to train him at both positions and develop that threat further, in my opinion 

10 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Take Two Taketwoabc GIF by ABC Network - Find & Share on GIPHY

On 6/1/2020 at 10:14 AM, JBiGGiE said:

Interesting take on the Caylin Newton pick-up. I don't agree with it but he is quite high on Caylin.

I think you could have stopped with your intro at "...he is quite high."  ;) 

• Haha 2

• 1 year later...