* Official Auburn vs. South Carolina Game Thread *

abw0004

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

We just threw a TD pass underneath, using the middle of the field.  I have no words for this because it's been so long since I've seen such competent play design.

it's been open this year and years past. QB would never let it go.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

We gotta run more to stay out of 3rd and long 

I really don't like how we're 2nd and 10 every possession. Might just be execution though as there's been a few missed throws.

Just now, looney said:

I don't mind the 2 point attempt, honestly. Easy to criticize when it doesn't work, but keeps the pressure on and shows confidence in the offense. 

If you go up by 11 it's really advantageous but when you screw up you're an idiot.

What gives me hope is we have already hit 6 different receivers. Looks much better play calling wise getting the ball out quicker. 

We need a true pass rusher so bad. When was our last sack by the DL?

2 minutes ago, looney said:

I don't mind the 2 point attempt, honestly. Easy to criticize when it doesn't work, but keeps the pressure on and shows confidence in the offense. 

Football statisticians say teams should go for two on every TD. (And never punt.)

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

If you go up by 11 it's really advantageous but when you screw up you're an idiot.

Understood - and I don't really have a sound argument other than... it didn't bother me. Just seems the reward outweighed the risk, given how the game is/was going at this point.

Now... they get a little momentum here, even drive down for a TD, and maybe it looms larger.

1 minute ago, tbone1430 said:

What gives me hope is we have already hit 6 different receivers. Looks much better play calling wise getting the ball out quicker. 

This is the biggest thing. I don't know if they tell Bo who to throw to each play but we've had too many games where one guy gets 90% of the targets. 

1 minute ago, CleCoTiger said:

Football statisticians say teams should go for two on every TD. (And never punt.)

I would think it's even more heavily weighted, statistically, if you have an overall talent advantage over your opponent.

Archived