Bama week is here

tbone4jc

It's not the gloom & doom by the "realists" reminding us what everybody already knows - in this era of Bama football, even good teams are predicted to lose handily in West Vance...

...it's the "realists" failure to understand that Malzahn's record against this generation of Bamzo rocks compared to virtually any other team that plays Bama every season. Oh and btw, 2 of the last 3 times we played Bama, including last season, they were favored and we won.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just think about what I’m about to say. If Gus could pull off a win at uat this week ( that’s a big if though) that would make him 4-4 against arguably the best HC in college football ( record wise) in the last 8 years. That would include twice as the #1 team at the time and include the only loss for them during  at least one of those years and knocking them Out of the playoff last year for the first time in like 6 years. I am almost afraid to root for us because if he accomplishes that they might give him another 50 million and another 7 years 🙁 also remember his coaching tree hasn’t one a single game against him as HCs themselves. 

The line pretty much looks correct, Bama by 3 TDs and a FG. 

PhotoGrid_1606096629365.jpg

12 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

It's not the gloom & doom by the "realists" reminding us what everybody already knows - in this era of Bama football, even good teams are predicted to lose handily in West Vance...

...it's the "realists" failure to understand that Malzahn's record against this generation of Bamzo rocks compared to virtually any other team that plays Bama every season. Oh and btw, 2 of the last 3 times we played Bama, including last season, they were favored and we won.

2 of those last 3 times we had an elite DL to help control that LOS. Don't have anything like that this year. Nick isn't going to let off this time. He knows Gus is safe. He's going to put a whopping on AU. Go ahead and kill this recruiting class and set Gus up for a very rocky offseason. 

We need a few things to happen to win:

1. We have to score a ton of points

2. We have to run the ball well

3. Mac Jones needs to throw us at least one touchdown 

4. Their kicker needs to live up to the Bama kicker stereotype

Bama covers. 

Only shot to keep this entertaining is go all out 2014 style and just keep launching the ball down the field. If they have any weakness - it is giving up the big play in the secondary. We best have a few shallow crossing routes mixed in to keep the LBs honest or Bo will not have time to throw the ball.

I have say, I'm surprised at the optimism from some folks. This team lost to South Carolina. How exactly does Auburn win on Saturday? Bama would have to turn the ball over 4+ times for AU to even have a chance. When has that ever happened to Alabama at home? I know Alabama doesn't rely on their defense as much anymore, but when has Bo gone on the road and really performed at a high level (Arkansas last year doesn't count)? They've had one bad game and they still won.

Eric Gray averaged 7.8 yards per carry on Saturday in JHS. Tennessee ran for 222 yards. Tennessee! Now what do you think N. Harris and Co. will do in BDS?

2 minutes ago, woodford said:

I have say, I'm surprised at the optimism from some folks. This team lost to South Carolina. How exactly does Auburn win on Saturday? Bama would have to turn the ball over 4+ times for AU to even have a chance. When has that ever happened to Alabama at home? I know Alabama doesn't rely on their defense as much anymore, but when has Bo gone on the road and really performed at a high level (Arkansas last year doesn't count)? They've had one bad game and they still won.

Eric Gray averaged 7.8 yards per carry on Saturday in JHS. Tennessee ran for 222 yards. Tennessee! Now what do you think N. Harris and Co. will do in BDS?

bama could line up and not throw the ball once and beat this AU team by 24 plus. Guys and Gals, we aren't that good. 

47 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

2 of those last 3 times we had an elite DL to help control that LOS. Don't have anything like that this year. Nick isn't going to let off this time. He knows Gus is safe. He's going to put a whopping on AU. Go ahead and kill this recruiting class and set Gus up for a very rocky offseason. 

I agree with you, but if CNS doesn't let off and it's one of our most embarrassing losses would that prompt our boosters to pony up the money to get rid of Gus?   

If Auburn is going to win this one, Gus is gonna have to conjure up some more magic like Samantha Stevens.giphy.gif

Hey Gus!!!  You got any magic plays in your game plan?

tenor.gif?itemid=10435526

26 minutes ago, DaddyBoyAU said:

I agree with you, but if CNS doesn't let off and it's one of our most embarrassing losses would that prompt our boosters to pony up the money to get rid of Gus?   

Why would boosters pay that kind of cash +/-$30MM to buyout this staff + many more millions to bring in another all because of a loss to the #1 team in the country?

I understand the odds we are up against with this Alabama team.  They are spectacular on all sides.  Having said that, the eternal optimist in me has hope we can pull this one out with Waddle done for the season.  It will take all of our guys back that are injured, including KJ Britt.  But weirder things have happened.  Last time Mac Jones lost?  Auburn in 2019.  Prayers we stay healthy this week and heal up our guys.

4 hours ago, countoff said:

If Auburn is going to win this one, Gus is gonna have to conjure up some more magic like Samantha Stevens.giphy.gif

Off subject, but is TV Land still around?  My parents had me growing up watching the old shows on that network like The Andy Griffith Show, Gilligan's Island, Munsters, Bonanza, etc.

4 hours ago, countoff said:

mmmmmmmm...Samantha Stevens. She may have played a nerdy housewife, but she was a hottie in her day.

6 hours ago, DaddyBoyAU said:

Go ahead and kill this recruiting class and set Gus up for a very rocky offseason. 

Kill this recruiting class? I would say it is already on life support.

Current Rivals rankings:

Alabama #1

Auburn #38

A (37) position advantage for Bama for 2021. Don't know how Auburn will finish but right now it is not good.

7 hours ago, woodford said:

I have say, I'm surprised at the optimism from some folks. This team lost to South Carolina.

Early in the season and Bo throws three interceptions. Those INT's were the difference in the game. Bo won't do that in this game against bama.

How exactly does Auburn win on Saturday?

By scoring one more point than bama. :)

9 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

Early in the season and Bo throws three interceptions. Those INT's were the difference in the game. Bo won't do that in this game against bama.

You might want to do yardwork this Saturday.

COVID is our only shot at not losing this game badly!   Saturday will be a good day to go fishing, or watch MSSt v Ole Miss.  It would be really tough to watch our boys get victimized like they surely will this Saturday.  

Better question to ask, what biblical miracle will occur to allow Auburn to score 78 points?

39 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

By scoring one more point than bama. :)

Archived