Bama week is here

tbone4jc

It is that time of the year where records don't matter, where our differences are tossed aside, the game against our most hated opponent, the Iron Bowl. 

Over the past few years I havereally looked forward to this game because this is where I see CGM at his best. Almost every year most think it's going to be a game that bama dominates yet every year we give the hell and then some... I am always apprehensive that we have a chance, the highs and the lows of CGM's tenure kinda does that to us as fans, but when I see lil Nicky going berserk on the sidelines because we are out coaching his mighty tide, it brings me so much satisfaction it's almost sinful!!

I say this to make a small point, we all love our Auburn Tigers, we all want great things for our team but I want one thing for this week, positive energy. If we can all come together as the family we are, come together and support our team, fill the atmosphere with the love we all have for Auburn I believe our team will feel it, breathe it and live it. I believe it will boost their confidence even more, and even the coaches will have a new bounce in their step. We can do this together!! War Eagle!!! Beat Bama!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, CR said:

Bama opens -25. Ouch.

That is their average home margin against us during Saban's tenure.  I personally think it will be worse ... 

Tbone, I want to know what you are drinking...you couldn't have written this thread intro sober.

1 hour ago, tbone4jc said:

It is that time of the year where records don't matter, where our differences are tossed aside, the game against our most hated opponent, the Iron Bowl. 

Over the past few years I havereally looked forward to this game because this is where I see CGM at his best. Almost every year most think it's going to be a game that bama dominates yet every year we give the hell and then some... I am always apprehensive that we have a chance, the highs and the lows of CGM's tenure kinda does that to us as fans, but when I see lil Nicky going berserk on the sidelines because we are out coaching his mighty tide, it brings me so much satisfaction it's almost sinful!!

I say this to make a small point, we all love our Auburn Tigers, we all want great things for our team but I want one thing for this week, positive energy. If we can all come together as the family we are, come together and support our team, fill the atmosphere with the love we all have for Auburn I believe our team will feel it, breathe it and live it. I believe it will boost their confidence even more, and even the coaches will have a new bounce in their step. We can do this together!! War Eagle!!! Beat Bama!

Nice try Kristi. 

Maybe you have forgotten your history of Gus in the Iron Bowl.  Especially on the road.  Let me remind you.

2018: No. 1 Alabama defeats Auburn 52-21 in Tuscaloosa

2016: No. 1 Alabama defeats No. 16 Auburn 30-12 in Tuscaloosa

2015: No. 2 Alabama defeats Auburn 29-13 in Auburn

2014: No. 2 Alabama defeats No. 15 Auburn 55-44 in Tuscaloosa

I will agree that Gus does take the Iron Bowl very seriously, but in even years with the exception of 2014, Gus has not fielded a competitive team against Bama.  Our O-Line lacks depth and probably does not have a single future NFL player on it.  Bo is good but not great.  The Defense is rebuilding this year.  Now I am tired of bashing Gus.  The man is hear until 2022. PERIOD. What I am going to say, I will say in the most pro Gus way possible.  Next year is the year.  The defense will be back to elite.  The O-line will have had a year of Jack Biknell coaching them up and playing together.  The offense will be in year two of Chad Morris.  Maybe with a Spring practice, Morris might be able to build up Nix.  We get BOTH Tank and Worm back next year.  Next years is make or break for Gus.  Our duct tape offensive line graduates everyone.  Tank and Worm will enter the draft.  2022 is a MAJOR rebuilding year.  At the  end of the 2018 season I think Gus for the first time did self reflecting.  He almost got fired after getting the biggest contract in Auburn history and a top 5 contract for college football.  He was supposed to be untouchable and found out he wasn't.  He just had his third 8-5 season in six seasons.  Gus does not see himself as a 8-5 coach but after 2018 I think he came to a harsh realization that thats exactly what he was.  He is supposed to be an offensive genius yet hasnt had a top 25 offense since his first season.. Every year he had been our HC Bama has had a top 10 offense.  His offense half the time looks completely inept.  Quarterbacks either do not work out at all or seem to get worse under his tutelage and the best part of his teams is the defense.  So the first thing he did was fire and bring in a new recruiting staff.  He took back the offense, and eventually re-opened his play book.  his play calling became far less predictable.  In 2019 we finally saw the Gus malzahn of 2013.  there were still issues.  Gus, as of me typing this, is still having to overcome his neglect of O-line recruiting.  COVID has severely hand cuffed his ability to recruit.  Next season will be fun to watch.  I do believe Gus is finally getting the program on the right track.  The problem is it took him six seasons to start doing it.

It was always so much fun beating them in T-town, but alas, this will not be the year to return to those days.  I don't think we are as bad as some of the years we have gone up there (2012 terrirble, 2014 not bad, 2016 bad and injured, 2018 mediocre and injured).  In 2018, I wonder what would have happened if Pettway could have played. My prediction is 52-13 or something a long those lines.  Their QB won't make the mistakes he made last year. Their running game is better and our running defense is worse. Their receivers will give our secondary fits and you can probably expect a lot of yellow hankies on the turn Saturday.  

50 minutes ago, ToomersStreet said:

Tank and Worm will enter the draft

Tank will be a Soph in 2021. He won't be eligible to enter the draft until after 2022.

1 hour ago, ToomersStreet said:

Nice try Kristi. 

Maybe you have forgotten your history of Gus in the Iron Bowl.  Especially on the road.  Let me remind you.

2018: No. 1 Alabama defeats Auburn 52-21 in Tuscaloosa

2016: No. 1 Alabama defeats No. 16 Auburn 30-12 in Tuscaloosa

2015: No. 2 Alabama defeats Auburn 29-13 in Auburn

2014: No. 2 Alabama defeats No. 15 Auburn 55-44 in Tuscaloosa

I will agree that Gus does take the Iron Bowl very seriously, but in even years with the exception of 2014, Gus has not fielded a competitive team against Bama.  Our O-Line lacks depth and probably does not have a single future NFL player on it.  Bo is good but not great.  The Defense is rebuilding this year.  Now I am tired of bashing Gus.  The man is hear until 2022. PERIOD. What I am going to say, I will say in the most pro Gus way possible.  Next year is the year.  The defense will be back to elite.  The O-line will have had a year of Jack Biknell coaching them up and playing together.  The offense will be in year two of Chad Morris.  Maybe with a Spring practice, Morris might be able to build up Nix.  We get BOTH Tank and Worm back next year.  Next years is make or break for Gus.  Our duct tape offensive line graduates everyone.  Tank and Worm will enter the draft.  2022 is a MAJOR rebuilding year.  At the  end of the 2018 season I think Gus for the first time did self reflecting.  He almost got fired after getting the biggest contract in Auburn history and a top 5 contract for college football.  He was supposed to be untouchable and found out he wasn't.  He just had his third 8-5 season in six seasons.  Gus does not see himself as a 8-5 coach but after 2018 I think he came to a harsh realization that thats exactly what he was.  He is supposed to be an offensive genius yet hasnt had a top 25 offense since his first season.. Every year he had been our HC Bama has had a top 10 offense.  His offense half the time looks completely inept.  Quarterbacks either do not work out at all or seem to get worse under his tutelage and the best part of his teams is the defense.  So the first thing he did was fire and bring in a new recruiting staff.  He took back the offense, and eventually re-opened his play book.  his play calling became far less predictable.  In 2019 we finally saw the Gus malzahn of 2013.  there were still issues.  Gus, as of me typing this, is still having to overcome his neglect of O-line recruiting.  COVID has severely hand cuffed his ability to recruit.  Next season will be fun to watch.  I do believe Gus is finally getting the program on the right track.  The problem is it took him six seasons to start doing it.

giphy.gif

I thought Bama could've scored 70 last road game. We've looked pretty much atrocious on D every time Bama has had pretty solid QB play. I think 2016 is the only one I can think of that bucks that trend. 

Definitely going to need 35 minimum. And that's like absolute minimum 

44 minutes ago, Viper said:

Tank will be a Soph in 2021. He won't be eligible to enter the draft until after 2022.

Sorry.  I should have said 2022

Again, I'm not asking for nothing more than positive energy. It's not hard to ask. If you can't do a simple thing like express positivity towards our team during bama week... I know the odds are against us but we put out great players on the field also

You should be happy we are even playing games. So the least you can do is cheer for our young men who are going to show up and do their best even if they are a 25 point underdog. What,  would you rather they not show up? Geesh,  people are so negative about everything.... I guess I asked for too much.

1 hour ago, tbone4jc said:

Again, I'm not asking for nothing more than positive energy. It's not hard to ask. If you can't do a simple thing like express positivity towards our team during bama week... I know the odds are against us but we put out great players on the field also

You should be happy we are even playing games. So the least you can do is cheer for our young men who are going to show up and do their best even if they are a 25 point underdog. What,  would you rather they not show up? Geesh,  people are so negative about everything.... I guess I asked for too much.

I join you in supportive optimism. Bama is a lot Better than us, but their defense is not as good as I expected. When we can run the ball and have a mobile QB, we are very competitive against them. Also, having won 2 of the last 3 IBs we have a lot of players who won’t be intimidated. WDE!🦅

Going out on a limb here but I think we might just pull this game off. Not that I’m happy where we are. Again Gus repeated his normal taking 3 games to figure out who to play where, but here is why I think this way. First Alabama’s defense isn’t half of what they are use to having. They have weak spots thru and thru. Our offense especially are line is starting to gel. I don’t think Bama has seen an offense like ours yet this year. Other than an early game against ATM and UGA they. Haven’t really been tested. We loss to UGA on the road while Uat won against them at their house. Their offense has been big on long TD strikes. Remember Mac has thrown 3 pics already. He tends to throw wild hoping his speedy receivers get up and get it. Our DBs  have shown they can intercept the ball. Harris hasn’t been a powerhouse runner this year like before. I think he is playing injured. I’m not sure they have quality depth behind him. Our DL is getting more pressure . It will really, in my opinion, come down to our LB play. If We can get Brit back, that would be great. He is the run stopper we need in the middle. I love Owens but he is better suited on the outside rather than the inside, maybe he will grow to it next year. Of course we will have to play the refs because uat is the SEC cash cow this year. But being at legion field this year won’t be a big deal like usual because of limited crowd size. But if we can get Britt back, if Tank is 100% and the same for shiver, if Gus will tell Bo to quit fixating on Seth and go to Stove, Flash, JJ and the TEs across the middle, I think the defense can hold their own and the offense can score against uat. 
       Ok now y’all can all tell me how crazy I am 😁👍🦅

2 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

I'm glad they're playing even if these COVID protocols are absurd. This feels a lot like the 2011 game. Not as bad as 2012, but we all know Auburn has pretty much no shot on Saturday. I love the Iron Bowl, but I'm just praying they somehow pull off an upset against TAMU and beat MSU to end the season on a "high note."

15 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Going out on a limb here but I think we might just pull this game off. Not that I’m happy where we are. Again Gus repeated his normal taking 3 games to figure out who to play where, but here is why I think this way. First Alabama’s defense isn’t half of what they are use to having. They have weak spots thru and thru. Our offense especially are line is starting to gel. I don’t think Bama has seen an offense like ours yet this year. Other than an early game against ATM and UGA they. Haven’t really been tested. We loss to UGA on the road while Uat won against them at their house. Their offense has been big on long TD strikes. Remember Mac has thrown 3 pics already. He tends to throw wild hoping his speedy receivers get up and get it. Our DBs  have shown they can intercept the ball. Harris hasn’t been a powerhouse runner this year like before. I think he is playing injured. I’m not sure they have quality depth behind him. Our DL is getting more pressure . It will really, in my opinion, come down to our LB play. If We can get Brit back, that would be great. He is the run stopper we need in the middle. I love Owens but he is better suited on the outside rather than the inside, maybe he will grow to it next year. Of course we will have to play the refs because uat is the SEC cash cow this year. But being at legion field this year won’t be a big deal like usual because of limited crowd size. But if we can get Britt back, if Tank is 100% and the same for shiver, if Gus will tell Bo to quit fixating on Seth and go to Stove, Flash, JJ and the TEs across the middle, I think the defense can hold their own and the offense can score against uat. 

Ok.  You’re crazy.  You lost me at legion field 

15 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

tenor (2).gif

2 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Ok.  You’re crazy.  You lost me at legion field 

Really though, Bama had uga and ATM at home even though shorty played Gus like a fiddle as usual uga’s and Atm have not shown to be world beaters this year. So I’m not sold Bama is that good yet. Hey have looked crappy at times against not real good teams. I bet money that Nick would rate thi as one of his worst fm defensive teams he has put on the field at uat. Again, they have some great WR and Mac can chunk it, but Sherwood and smoke have shown a tendency to go get the ball. Tell you the truth I might consider replacing Tutt by somebody though, I swear he has got to where he can’t cover or tackle and commits way to many PIs . I don’t know what happened to him he use to be good. Maybe the great Mr Bird can tell us. Anyway , I expect Gus to do his normal heroics game when his butt is in the line. We will see. 

Archived