If Gus isn’t fired tomorrow, AU is a loser institution

Swamp Eagle

Just now, AuMarine said:

The problem is that Alabama’s defense can be attacked .. but you actually have to have a sound game plan to do that.. something our head guy can’t do. 

Correct. Lane had the blueprint but it must be produced and executed. 

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Mentality would have been a better choice of words, but it can easily become an institutional problem.

Yeah I would agree that would have been better.  Institution is a blanket statement across the entire school, academics included.   

Just now, AUStew87 said:

Storm Trooper and a Wampa, good try though. 

Ohhh even better. You walked right into that one Sheldon 

Just now, DAG said:

Correct. Lane had the blueprint but it must be produced and executed. 

The sad part is we do not even try.. our routes are pathetically sad but you just watch Ohio state or clemson... and they would abuse bamas defense with playcalling. 

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

Well we are great at other sports too  but my point is bigger than athletics.  Saying our school is a loser institution because of the results on the football field is ridiculous.  What about the school itself?  Do you only care about Auburn for the sports?  It’s just not a smart statement to make. 

Too many people put too much emphasis on the performance of the football team.  Yes it’s a high value sport but it’s a still a sport for fun.  I always make fun of Bammers who judge their life on the performance of the football team because that’s the best thing they got going.  I hate to see Auburn folks act the same way.  I was in Phoenix and I was in Pasadena and my favorite stories from those games weren’t the football games.  

Just now, AuMarine said:

The sad part is we do not even try.. our routes are pathetically sad but you just watch Ohio state or clemson... and they would abuse bamas defense with playcalling. 

Well any time we have competent competition , the whole squad seems to just lose all perception of being a power 5 team including the coaches. It’s a culture thing. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Ohhh even better. You walked right into that one Sheldon 

To be fair that definitely is a Storm Trooper in his thumbnail.  :rollin:

Just now, DAG said:

Well any time we have competent competition , the whole squad seems to just lose all perception of being a power 5 team including the coaches. It’s a culture thing. 

Yes sir.. both sides of the ball were awful today. Alabama didn’t even have to play hard.. seriously.. 

14 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

To be fair that definitely is a Storm Trooper in his thumbnail.  :rollin:

Correct . I was ridiculing him for star wars and he proved even further to go out his way to prove how much that really matters .It wasn’t about the accuracy. I’m sure I am not responding to Sheldon Cooper for real.  But based on that retort maybe I am. Sad that I had to explain that. 

34 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

There’s no defending it.

Although he should be fired, I can think of about 25 million reasons why he won’t...

Just now, gctiger said:

Although he should be fired, I can think of about 25 million reasons why he won’t...

People say this but with recruiting and what not, you wait and you can legit send this team into the abyss. That’s the problem. 

1 minute ago, gctiger said:

25 million doesn’t matter at this point.. the program matters.. they can get the money or get on an installment plan... doesn’t matter.. they have to let him go or the program is going to get to a point that will take years to dig out of. 

The money thing is killing me. Quite frankly to me it is about risk and reward. It is one thing if we were still performing from an offense stand point or recruiting was high but that is not the case. We are going backwards quickly . 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

People say this but with recruiting and what not, you wait and you can legit send this team into the abyss. That’s the problem. 

That’s not the issue. The issue is lack of revenue!  

Just now, gctiger said:

That’s not the issue. The issue is lack of revenue!  

That is a fair point but it say we keep under performing and the fanbase slowly quits caring, this acute issue can be chronic very quickly.

2 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

25 million doesn’t matter at this point.. the program matters.. they can get the money or get on an installment plan... doesn’t matter.. they have to let him go or the program is going to get to a point that will take years to dig out of. 

I bet it matters those ponying up for the buyout  

1 minute ago, gctiger said:

I bet it matters those ponying up for the buyout  

I think all types of money matters to them including losing profit, whether it is Covid related or performance related . 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

That is a fair point but it say we keep under performing and the fanbase slowly quits caring, this acute issue can be chronic very quickly.

I generally agree but the big money boosters are the ones paying the bills and not the regular fans.  

Truthfully AU shouldn’t go to any bowl this year. Fans won’t be able to go, team and coaches really haven’t earned one. So got safety’s sake we should just play next week and call 2020 a wrap and start worrying about finding a real coach to start next year with.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I think all types of money matters to them including losing profit, whether it is Covid related or performance related . 

True sooner or latter we become like Arky or Vandy and figure if we just make a bowl every other year then we are good. We have just about reached that point now.

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

Correct . I was ridiculing him for star wars and he proved even further to go out his way to prove how much that really matters .It wasn’t about the accuracy. I’m sure I am not responding to Sheldon Cooper for real.  Sad that I had to explain that. 

I knew what your intentions were.  I was just trying to provide a moment of levity.  I know everyone is upset with today’s result.  

Archived