Insiders Hearing Anything? (Threads Merged)

AUght2win

4 minutes ago, AUBourne said:

It is annoying when people post their opinions or desires like they are actual facts based on insider knowledge. 

Sorry if that's how my posts come across. That's not the intent.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Barnacle said:

I'd like to know your friends' thoughts on a rumor that I've heard floated about HF his days at Briarcrest. 

Definitely not the “Christian Man” he’d like for people to believe. But this was also in the mid 2000s. 

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Pretty sure every school has something similar. We can't be on our high horse on stuff like that especially with the softball scandal we had a few years ago.

Obviously, Ole Miss has no morals, as evidenced by their last hire.

5 minutes ago, Viper said:

Like Auburn did another HC in 2003?

Petrino??? By all accounts I've seen we did. Jetgate was a realk thing.

This thread is hilarious.   No to this coach, yes to that coach.   Got to be able to beat Alabama and Georgia.    Got to win the recruiting battles.    

Answer this?  Besides the tuberville run against Bama (which was arguably their worst time in the last 50 years) when has Auburn dominated Alabama and Georgia?

I know, they haven’t.  And more than likely never will.   As long as Bama and Georgia hire good coaches, Auburn will never become what Clemson is doing. 

So if you are looking to get to that level, the other two schools have to be trending down . 

1 minute ago, aubaseball said:

This thread is hilarious.   No to this coach, yes to that coach.   Got to be able to beat Alabama and Georgia.    Got to win the recruiting battles.    

Answer this?  Besides the tuberville run against Bama (which was arguably their worst time in the last 50 years) when has Auburn dominated Alabama and Georgia?

I know, they haven’t.  And more than likely never will.   As long as Bama and Georgia hire good coaches, Auburn will never become what Clemson is doing. 

So if you are looking to get to that level, the other two schools have to be trending down . 

I think the question is simply, can we do better than Gus? 

31 minutes ago, Viper said:

I'm sure he wouldn't have to go to the same lengths himself to get the talent at AU. He'll never get that chance...not at AU.

I’ve agreed with you on everything but this. He will be Auburn’s next head coach. Because we are Auburn and this is the kind of **** we do. I look forward to agreeing with you on the next head coach prediction thread in 5 years. I’m going with Lashley or Chad Morris after a successful stint as the QB coach of Arky St. 

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Petrino??? By all accounts I've seen we did. Jetgate was a realk thing.

If you're right, Freeze potentially could end up creating Jetgate Volume II. Contact, but no contract. And not because Freeze can't coach.

No I wasn't referring to you. I mean statements like, Auburn is not going to fire Gus because of Covid. Or Auburn is not going to talk to Freeze because w/e. 

I never know if a person is an actual insider or just a blow hard.

My take is this on Hugh Freeze. The whole nation perceives Auburn as dirty because of how the media treated Cam, because of Chuck Person and the fact Bruce Pearl gets a check from AU. It would be dumb to limit ourselves to try and prove them wrong. The media and outsiders are going to hate on Auburn no matter what. 

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’ve agreed with you on everything but this. He will be Auburn’s next head coach. Because we are Auburn and this is the kind of **** we do. I look forward to agreeing with you on the next head coach prediction thread in 5 years. I’m going with Lashley or Chad Morris after a successful stint as the QB coach of Arky St. 

MnD0cQ.gif

2 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

This thread is making me consider just becoming a basketball only fan.

Gus hasn't already done that?

8 minutes ago, AUBourne said:

No I wasn't referring to you. I mean statements like, Auburn is not going to fire Gus because of Covid. Or Auburn is not going to talk to Freeze because w/e. 

My take is this on Hugh Freeze. The whole nation perceives Auburn as dirty because of how the media treated Cam, because of Chuck Person and the fact Bruce Pearl gets a check from AU. It would be dumb to limit ourselves to try and prove them wrong. The media and outsiders are going to hate on Auburn no matter what. 

We are all blow hards. Nobody here knows ****! Where have you been on here for the last 2 coaching searches!! These sons a ***ches had me convinced that Bob Stoops was on his way to Auburn last year. I got excited and woke my wife up to tell her! It’s criminal how convincing everyone is! 😂😂😂

Just now, Barnacle said:

I think the question is simply, can we do better than Gus? 

I get that.  It’s just that until the other start to fall, it really doesn’t matter who Auburn gets.   My opinion though, there are 50 coaches out there that can do what our current one is doing.  Not saying it’s not time for a change, I want one, it’s that Auburn is not getting to the level that Clemson is at as long as Saban is walking the other sideline

3 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

This thread is making me consider just becoming a basketball only fan.

I call BS. If you were going to do that watching the football team would be what drives you to it.

7 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I'm told he was let go late this morning. I don't believe it. 

I will kiss the foreheads of everyone in this thread if true.   Yours first.

Just now, aubaseball said:

I get that.  It’s just that until the other start to fall, it really doesn’t matter who Auburn gets.   My opinion though, there are 50 coaches out there that can do what our current one is doing.  Not saying it’s not time for a change, I want one, it’s that Auburn is not getting to the level that Clemson is at as long as Saban is walking the other sideline

Maybe not, and I understand there are fans who think we are a coaching change away from being Clemson. I think most fans understand that we're not, and simply want to see Auburn living up to its potential - which we can argue all day about what that potential is - but I think most agree that we aren't living up to it under the current staff. You have to remember that most Auburn fans don't post incessantly on message boards or Twitter, and are generally more realistic than those who do. 

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Elite?

Arky St. 10-2

Ole Miss 7-6,8-5,9-4,10-3,5-7

Liberty. 8-5, 9-1

2-2 in bowls

Notable assistants - Tom Allen and Matt Luke

What is elite about anything he’s done in his coaching career. He had a 10 win season at Ole Miss when they had Chad Kelly and a butt load of talent at receiver.  And he won a Sugar Bowl. 

He’s having a good season at Liberty where they have notable wins over such powerhouses as Virginia Tech, Western Carolina, UMass, Southern Miss, North Alabama, LA Monroe, Syracuse, FIU, and Western Kentucky. 

That’s it. 

But, but he beat bama in back to back years......

Just now, Barnacle said:

Maybe not, and I understand there are fans who think we are a coaching change away from being Clemson. I think most fans understand that we're not, and simply want to see Auburn living up to its potential - which we can argue all day about what that potential is - but I think most agree that we aren't living up to it under the current staff. You have to remember that most Auburn fans don't post incessantly on message boards or Twitter, and are generally more realistic than those who do. 

Those aren’t the real fans. It’s gotta consume you! You have to waste at least 10 hours a week b**ching about the head coach, or you’re not a real Auburn fan. We like to call those non obsessed fans “the smart people” or “mentally healthy”. 

4 minutes ago, AUBourne said:

Yup. Might as well do what we feel is best & give them a big

Wwe Suck It GIF - Wwe SuckIt ShawnMichaels GIFs

20 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Come on. Sack up man.

What a wuss attitude.

21 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

In 5 years, we'll be begging Mike Shula to transition us through probation to get to Lashlee or Chad Morris.

@ellitor will be jobless as Auburn is stripped of 35 scholarships over the next five seasons.

1 minute ago, Viper said:

@ellitor will be jobless as Auburn is stripped of 35 scholarships over the next five seasons

LOL. I don’t work for the A.D. I work for the security company that works for the A.D.. Security will be needed regardless.

Archived