OC: Mike Bobo

W.E.D

So is he officially here? You aren't going to make everyone happy. Seems like he is an ace recruiter and developer, just has a shaky past in play calling. Hopefully CBH can step in with that regard.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely not the sexiest hire, but if this is who Harsin trusts to help him with the offense, then I'm on board! Love seeing this staff come together

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

So is he officially here? You aren't going to make everyone happy. Seems like he is an ace recruiter and developer, just has a shaky past in play calling. Hopefully CBH can step in with that regard.

It has not been announced by the school but yes the coordinators have been hired.
South Carolina seems pretty pissed off about it

17 minutes ago, bigbird said:

You don't think he has evolved any in 13 years after UGA?

I think it's only been six years right? 

Anyway my initial concern is that he did ok at UGA but obviously had much better talent than SEC east opponents. I didn't watch SC enough to tell anything this year but... hey at least they beat us. 

1 hour ago, eaglenest said:

are you kidding me?!?! we have those type guys on our campus, the only difference is we had a clown running our offense and Bama have or had a competent guy calling their offense that put those players in position to make plays. As for Venables, today the look or make up of there defense looks entirely different than say 3-4 years ago?

You know that you can look at past recruiting classes, ours and others, on 247, right? We are nowhere NEAR Alabama in talent. It's not even close. Without looking, it would not surprise me if they have more five star talent at individual positions than we have on the entire team. I love our players, every one of them, but the guys UA has are ranked the very best of the best coming out of high school.

2 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Well, this makes me feel a little better about losing to them this past season. If this is the trade off, I'll take it.

1 minute ago, Britt in GA said:

Well, this makes me feel a little better about losing to them this past season. If this is the trade off, I'll take it.

Well losing the South Carolina was probably the nail in the coffin for Gus. In the end they may have helped us several ways now.

Just now, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Honestly there isn’t really a “home run” OC available. Even the two rumored for the Bama OC job aren’t exciting anyone 

Yep. I know people are going to laugh at this but they were also looking at Mike Bobo. 

Not a Bobo fan, but I suppose it could be worse. Why don’t we just bring back Borges and hire elite recruiters as assistants. Seems we are going back to the Tubs style of football anyways.

27 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

His home town is Tiger, GA.   He must come to AU!

Or LSU. Or Clemson. Or Mizzou. Or Memphis. Or...

</buzzkill>

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

Well losing the South Carolina was probably the nail in the coffin for Gus. In the end they may have helped us several ways now.

Yessir, you most certainly are correct.  I have to say it sure feels better to be on this end of the coaching hires than the receiving end of the poaching of coaches.  By that I mean, a few years ago with Muschamp & his defensive coaches heading to South Crackalacky.

1 minute ago, sevenlee36 said:

Not a Bobo fan, but I suppose it could be worse. Why don’t we just bring back Borges and hire elite recruiters as assistants. Seems we are going back to the Tubs style of football anyways.

What is the Tubs style of football? 

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

If they can bring Dell in as run game cord, all Bobo has to do is dev QBs and call plays. He’ll have help with everything else 

maybe that’ll be the optimized role for him 

Dell is not coming. At least according to the insiders on rivals. We pitched him a role and he was going to except it but declined in the end

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Oh....um. Tenn might’ve had one of the worst OL performances relative to talent...ever 

A lot of people are high on him

22 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

His offenses were always good and he seems to be evolving, but he's not exciting.  Maybe a good blend with Harsin's offensive philosophies?  

His offenses consistently perform well and have great QB play, and that is exciting. Especially after our last few seasons. 

2 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

What? Tenn didn’t have a bad OL this season unless I missed something 

I'm pretty sure they went into the season think it would be a huge strength b/c it was highly ranked upper classmen.  Then it was just awful.

Why are there so many pessimistic auburn fans on this board? After watching us lose to South Carolina this year and get hammered by our rivals again, you would think we would be happy for a change. Why don’t we see what happens before bashing the new coaching hires. 

I do hope Harsin keeps Caddy because rb is the only position group that I see any toughness from. I think Caddy has the ability to be a damn fine rb coach

Archived