OC: Mike Bobo

W.E.D

Things beginning to come together in a big way in a hurry! Harsin don't play around, he gathers background, facts, interviews, mulls it over, BOOM, next thing we hear, we rapidly building a staff!  WDE

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You know what? That's a great point, there is a major difference in delivery even though the same message. Thanks for showing me that. I know it may be stupid but I didn't think about that. Preciate your tone as well. I can certainly learn from you

Thanks Cole. It can be difficult to see through frustration or aggravation at times, so it's completely understandable and certainly far from stupid. I appreciate you as well 👊

16 hours ago, ellitor said:

Bobo is a great recruiter & can do well calling from Harsin's playbook with Harsin's guidance which would be the model if it's Bobo.

The best thing is he is going after coaches with head coaching experience and here is why. First they will be anxious to come in and do good hoping for another HC book. Secondly because it shows Harsin is not intimidated by other good coaches like Gus was and will go after the best. They may move on but just like Nick he will find another. I think Harsin will dictate the offense and defense philosophy and his OC/DC will call plays on game days. Like I said we need a head coach that is a manager more than a coach . 

2 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Secondly because it shows Harsin is not intimidated by other good coaches like Gus was

That was maybe, the most frustrating, aggravating think about him as far off the field stuff. He wouldn't hire anyone worth a damn on the offensive side. I do think his best hire was Bicknell but we'll never know. That was insecurity/ego issues. Gus would rather have "solid" 8-4 seasons with him being the absolute authority, rather than trying to excel by hiring good underlings. Really stuck in my craw

5 minutes ago, chizhead said:

That was maybe, the most frustrating, aggravating think about him as far off the field stuff. He wouldn't hire anyone worth a damn on the offensive side. I do think his best hire was Bicknell but we'll never know. That was insecurity/ego issues. Gus would rather have "solid" 8-4 seasons with him being the absolute authority, rather than trying to excel by hiring good underlings. Really stuck in my craw

Absolutely. He had no desire to grow or identify new, better ways of doing things. He didn't want other opinions in the room. It was his undoing. 

26 minutes ago, warhogone said:

Things beginning to come together in a big way in a hurry! Harsin don't play around, he gathers background, facts, interviews, mulls it over, BOOM, next thing we hear, we rapidly building a staff!  WDE

Woo hoo.. so excited (not). I feel like we are sliding back to Tuberville. 

Despite how you may feel, it is time to at the very least have a wait and see approach before denouncing this. We got a lot of moves within the last 24 hours. I am excited by the mix of old with new and familiarity/unfamiliarity. In contrast to what was said earlier , this does show me that CBH does have full backing in controlling his staff. Another thing it shows me is that  CBH is willing to listen and take guidance as well.

Somehow through all of the Kevin Steele undermining Gus, presenting a plan for the future w/ Garner + Bobo, subsequent #StopSteele campaign, hiring a rockstar in Brian Harson....Coach Mike Bobo is named the OC/QB coach for the Auburn Tigers. I feel net neutral to be honest with you. We were gonna run this Bobo experiment at Auburn either way, and I like our chances via current path a lot better than the alternative 🙂

25 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

The best thing is he is going after coaches with head coaching experience and here is why. First they will be anxious to come in and do good hoping for another HC book. Secondly because it shows Harsin is not intimidated by other good coaches like Gus was and will go after the best. They may move on but just like Nick he will find another. I think Harsin will dictate the offense and defense philosophy and his OC/DC will call plays on game days. Like I said we need a head coach that is a manager more than a coach . 

Agree. UGA fans couldn’t stand Bobo as OC, but he was better than they realized once he was gone. His sec ties will do nothing but help on the recruiting trail as well as masons. I think these are solid hires for a new SEC coach and may help more than we think in the last month of recruiting. Staff is coming together. 

22 minutes ago, chizhead said:

And 8 and 4 seasons are what lost him his job. That, ego and adaptability. 

46 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Recruiting seems to be priority 1, 2 and 3 with these hires. And I'm here for it. Let's build that roster as efficiently and quickly as possible. And, like you said, see if we can get a QB ready to play. 

It is a sensible priority, and it shows that he fully understands how important recruiting at a high level is.  He has recruiting connections to other areas, and he is bringing in coaches that can already recruit the southeast well.

As an OC, all I knew about Mike Bobo was how much Georgia fans hated him, but I rarely watched Georgia play (aside from the one annual game I cared about).  I never quite understood the hate, as Georgia's offense generally looked good to me, and I think it was ultimately more Mark Richt than Mike Bobo anyway.

CBH plans to mesh his offense with CMB as quoted from report on Al.Com “I’ve  wanted to work with Mike now for quite some time as he complements the many things we want to do with our offense,” Harsin said. “We are going to be very versatile in what we do, and Mike’s offensive background speaks for itself. I’m really excited to combine forces with Mike as we create the Auburn offense, a high-powered, attacking and physical unit that will come at you in many waysI 

2 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

It is a sensible priority, and it shows that he fully understands how important recruiting at a high level is.  He has recruiting connections to other areas, and he is bringing in coaches that can already recruit the southeast well.

As an OC, all I knew about Mike Bobo was how much Georgia fans hated him, but I rarely watched Georgia play (aside from the one annual game I cared about).  I never quite understood the hate, as Georgia's offense generally looked good to me, and I think it was ultimately more Mark Richt than Mike Bobo anyway.

I hope he brings UGAs toss sweep that they've run since Herschel

36 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Absolutely. He had no desire to grow or identify new, better ways of doing things. He didn't want other opinions in the room. It was his undoing. 

Something that endlessly frustrated me with Gus was the fact that Plan A had to work.  If it did not, there would still be no Plan B.

1 minute ago, Strychnine said:

Something that endlessly frustrated me with Gus was the fact that Plan A had to work.  If it did not, there would still be no Plan B.

Exactly. And if Plan A didn't work, it's not because it was the wrong plan. It's because his staff and players didn't execute it properly. 

Just now, bigbird said:

I hope he brings UGAs toss sweep that they've run since Herschel

They did make good use of TEs too.

2 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

Just broke down his passing offense

Safe but uninspired hire. We may be in for some lean years starting this thing out. Hope Harsin learns quick. He’ll need to.

Archived