OC: Mike Bobo

W.E.D

1 hour ago, eaglenest said:

are you kidding me?!?! we have those type guys on our campus, the only difference is we had a clown running our offense and Bama have or had a competent guy calling their offense that put those players in position to make plays. As for Venables, today the look or make up of there defense looks entirely different than say 3-4 years ago?

Not a rational post...at all.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, keesler said:

Count me in as running game play caller for them.  Najee Harris is a stud that chose (wisely) to come back for his senior year and the guy can catch passes, block like a motha and run like a horse behind that NFL oline.

Seriously, they have the best talent in the country and they don't have to take a team full of 3*'s spend quality time building & coaching them up to 5* players.  It's like they get to start on second base while other teams are still working in the batting cages. 

Yep

My first thought about Bobo was hell no!!! But reading other comments on here has opened my mind to the possibility. He gives us instant access to Georgia recruits and that fact cannot be understated. Hopefully he and Harsin can make their ideas about offense work together

1 minute ago, gravejd said:

My first thought about Bobo was hell no!!! But reading other comments on here has opened my mind to the possibility. He gives us instant access to Georgia recruits and that fact cannot be understated. Hopefully he and Harsin can make their ideas about offense work together

I am in this boat with you.

JGT claiming Will Friend is also talking to Auburn to come over with Bobo for OL Coach

Right now it’s more about some recruiting wins and he’s bringing in some guys that can do that. When we start getting high quality recruits the coaching and development gets easier. This leads to winning, which means even better recruits and better coaches if we need to change in a year or two.

Bobo bringing Will Friend with him?  Don’t know how to post link, but saw it on Football Scoop. TIFWIW

8 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

JGT claiming Will Friend is also talking to Auburn to come over with Bobo for OL Coach

If CWF is the guy responsible for recruiting all the talent UT has stockpiled on that OL the last few years, then heck yeah!  Sign him up!!!

15 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Yes they did. They loved when Mike Bobo was gone. Also at the end of his tenure there GA’s offense looked archaic. I’m not for this hire at all personally. 

You don't think he has evolved any in 13 years after UGA?

3 minutes ago, TXaubie said:

Bobo bringing Will Friend with him?  Don’t know how to post link, but saw it on Football Scoop. TIFWIW

Tate posted that this morning.  

Just now, W.E.D said:

I would much rather have friend and let Bobo stay where he is. Not a fan of Bobo

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

That explains where they got it from then. 

1 minute ago, chizhead said:

I would much rather have friend and let Bobo stay where he is. Not a fan of Bobo

UT's OL was awful, but that whole program is a mess.  Where was Friend before? UGA maybe? Or bama?

Bobo will bring some heavy handed recruiting.  That's good.  His offenses were always good and he seems to be evolving, but he's not exciting.  Maybe a good blend with Harsin's offensive philosophies?  

It's not an awful hire.  Kind of like Mason, gonna have to wait and see how it turns out. 

Bobo developed some awesome WR's at Colorado State. Rashad Higgins, Michael Gallup and Preston Williams. All had 1k yard season's. All are in the NFL. Gallup starts for the cowboys and Williams the dolphin's.

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

UT's OL was awful, but that whole program is a mess.  Where was Friend before? UGA maybe? Or bama?

Bobo will bring some heavy handed recruiting.  That's good.  His offenses were always good and he seems to be evolving, but he's not exciting.  Maybe a good blend with Harsin's offensive philosophies?  

It's not an awful hire.  Kind of like Mason, gonna have to wait and see how it turns out. 

Friend brought in two 5 star tackles in his 3 season's at Tennessee. He was OC at colorado state before that and OL coach at Georgia with bobo before that. He is the kind of good recruiter we need on the OL.

3 minutes ago, chizhead said:

Maybe he and Harsin well mesh well together. That could be formidable!! 

I’m more excited about Friend then Bobo... but I’m pretty sure 95% of the people on this board wanted coordinators and assistant coaches with extensive background in the SEC and good recruiting ties. 

Well boys and girls. We got them

14 minutes ago, toddc said:

Right now it’s more about some recruiting wins and he’s bringing in some guys that can do that. When we start getting high quality recruits the coaching and development gets easier. This leads to winning, which means even better recruits and better coaches if we need to change in a year or two.

Yup, just don't give them lengthy ridiculous contracts so if their coaching isn't up to par we can move on. But right now Bobo and Mason need to start recruiting their a$$ off. Got some ground to make up. 

Bobo will be running Harsins O...So you can’t compare what he did at SC or even UGA to what he’s going to do for us.

Harsin will turn him loose on the trail and have a big influence over the offense.. I think it will work 

Not worried about the offensive play calling with Harsin as head coach. Bobo is a excellent recruiter and QB developer. That's why this is a good hire. 

Archived