Exactly what was the previous staff doing?

chizhead

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/5/2021 at 1:16 PM, gravejd said:

So i've given this some thought over the last couple of days. I was pretty disappointed that we could not pull in any last minute surprises to make the class look better. I think this was the trade off between hiring a "splashy" guy like Cristobal and a guy like Harsin. I bet if we get Cristobol he comes and gets some immediate high profile recruits with him. 

Would i have rather hired Cristobol to get those few higher rated recruits? I don't think so but ask again in 3 years. I really like the foundation Harsin is building. I like his coaching hires and i like the message his coaching hires sends. He didn't just hire a bunch of guys that think like he does....he hired guys he played against and respects. I like what Harsin has done with the S&C staff. Hiring multiple guys to focus on the different positions and the specific things they need to do to be successful. I like that Harsin is interacting more with students and building good will the community. 

So while i would have loved to have signed a couple shockers to boost the class. If i step back and look at the big picture i'm ok trading 1 signing class to get this football program built back up in a way that we can have sustained success. 

Its just really hard with early signing day to bring in a good class unless you wait until after signing day to fire a guy like Tennessee did. So how many unsigned 4-5* were available to be stolen from where our coaches came from?? I bet the answer is not many. So while i don't blame or think poorly of the staff based on this signing class......I think Harsin and the staff have something to prove for next year.

30 total 4* or better were available after Early Signing Day

5 hours ago, Auhud08 said:

30 total 4* or better were available after Early Signing Day

I wonder how many of those are character or academic risks, which may be a reason why they didn't/couldn't sign.

29 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

I wonder how many of those are character or academic risks, which may be a reason why they didn't/couldn't sign.

Fair question. A few couldve been waiting to see where everyone else went and then found the best place for playing time. Some kids just arent ready to decide too, early signing day comes on the heels of your last high school football season- its a lot to process

30 total players nationwide many from areas that we don't recruit, many who already were committed but did not sign as they were hoping a school they wanted more and they had been communicating with might might take them. Balfour and Wallace were only 2 that we had any chance at because previous staff had engaged with them. We don't get those two because staffs that had been working with them for a long time won out.  Anybody upset that new staff wasn't able to bring a number of these 30 players in must be smoking something.

12 minutes ago, AUx said:

It was just a poke. It was not a PICK!

Gus doesn't even know what a pick is. If he did then maybe or WRs could have created some separation once in a while.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Gus doesn't even know what a pick is. If he did then maybe or WRs could have created some separation once in a while.

They say it is easier to get separation when the defense doesn’t know that each receiver runs one route only!!!!

6 hours ago, casatiger said:

Image result for picture of gus malzahn picking his nose

It's a good thing that COVID protocol discourages handshaking. I would be hard pressed to keep my hands in my pocket when meeting him. That's not Jerry Seinfeld scratching his nose at the traffic light. 

11 hours ago, auburnphan said:

They say it is easier to get separation when the defense doesn’t know that each receiver runs one route only!!!!

"Why do they keep calling a deep post '83'?"

"Look at the number on your shirt, bro."

34 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

"Why do they keep calling a deep post '83'?"

"Look at the number on your shirt, bro."

"Coach, I don't understand. My number is 88"

"What's the difference?"

On 2/5/2021 at 7:16 PM, AU-24 said:

Yes, he brought in 6 three stars in six weeks, and lost a four-star to Kentucky. Great job! I should’ve noticed this from the get-go.

This guy/girl wants this coaching staff to fail so bad. They are praying for it

19 hours ago, cole256 said:

This guy/girl wants this coaching staff to fail so bad. They are praying for it

Simply brilliant deduction on your part! I just wonder how you do it?

3 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Simply brilliant deduction on your part! I just wonder how you do it?

It's not too hard just watch the stuff that you post and pay attention. You contradict yourself all the time. Very easy. 

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It's not too hard just watch the stuff that you post and pay attention. You contradict yourself all the time. Very easy. 

It actually did get too hard for me to watch the stuff that person posts. I had to give it up a long time ago. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

It actually did get too hard for me to watch the stuff that person posts. I had to give it up a long time ago. 

Lol. I just blocked my first person last week. You can tell some of these guys clearly was the kid that would hide behind the broom stick sized tree and just knew nobody could see them when they played hide go seek 😑

Archived