Pruitt out at Tennessee (Merged)

Tiger1992

8 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

It really is unbelievable to see what has happened to Tennessee over the last 20 years

after auburn beat them 2 times in 2004 they havent been the same since.  lol 

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, nixtosanders94 said:

All kidding aside here, well most kidding aside, I say Gus would be the perfect fit at UT right now.  

Considering where that program has been the last 15 years?  A consistent 8-4 team with solid and honest recruiting shouldn't look too bad to them.  He has also done  3 times in 8 seasons what UT hasn't in what, 13? Beaten bama... 

With Gus, you at least know the program will be clean.  They could use that right now. 

11 hours ago, DAG said:

I love that this guy can some how get credible responses. I like to consider this satire. It’s like people who respond to the onion with well, thought out post 

Dude's an institution up in here.  We could all learn something from him...absolutely NEVER argues with anybody, gets ripped constanly and NEVER takes it personally.  Maybe we'll all be like that when we grow up.  I certainly could stand to take myself less seriously these days.  Won't speak for anybody else.....

Maybe Pruitt will be the second coming of Jackie Sherrill: Bama trained, then bounce from program to program realizing the ncaa doesn't look the other way unless you're Notre Dame, USC or Bama.

29 minutes ago, TigerCatcher said:

Dude's an institution up in here.  We could all learn something from him...absolutely NEVER argues with anybody, gets ripped constanly and NEVER takes it personally.  Maybe we'll all be like that when we grow up.  I certainly could stand to take myself less seriously these days.  Won't speak for anybody else.....

A4E makes a post and everybody comes at him

A4E:

1F6E4F3A-3284-4105-988E-85D298C6945C.jpeg

3 hours ago, nixtosanders94 said:

All kidding aside here, well most kidding aside, I say Gus would be the perfect fit at UT right now.  

Considering where that program has been the last 15 years?  A consistent 8-4 team with solid and honest recruiting shouldn't look too bad to them.  He has also done  3 times in 8 seasons what UT hasn't in what, 13? Beaten bama... 

What would be beautiful about this is it would mean CKS would be out on his rear-end again, likely with no additional buy-out.

However, I like the idea of Tennessee making CKS its official head coach, because I think a promotion eliminates the buy-out. At the very least, AU could take action if UTK did not pay CKS at least $2.5M/year.

8 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Why on Earth would Napier turn us down but take the dumpster fire that is Tennessee?

I can't see any serious coach doing this. There will likely be recruiting sanctions. UTK will be down for a couple of years. A coach has got to be willing to absorb a couple of bad seasons. Any coach would demand a 5 year guarantee contract. And the bigger names would need at least $5 million per year.

Just now, meh130 said:

Why on Earth would Napier turn us down but take the dumpster fire that is Tennessee?

I can't see any serious coach doing this. There will likely be recruiting sanctions. UTK will be down for a couple of years. A coach has got to be willing to absorb a couple of bad seasons. Any coach would demand a 5 year guarantee contract. And the bigger names would need at least $5 million per year.

I agree with this and the other post 100% don’t know why any of these guys at the top of list would unless they think with sanctions they’ll have extra security etc. I see Gus’ name being floated around but I do not see Gus wanting to take on this kinda situation, especially one that would lessen his $ that he is getting from the buyout.

5 hours ago, meh130 said:

@meh130he did not turn us down. He wanted way too much money for his market value and we said bye Felicia.

On 1/18/2021 at 1:25 PM, JBiGGiE said:

Auburn: We can't fire Gus, we'll become the new Tennessee!

Tennessee: Hold my beer...

Good thing I wasn't drinking my morning coffee when I read that. 🤣

They always connected issues that Pat Dye and Jackie Sherrill had back to Bear Bryant...wanting for the Pruitt-Smart connection to Saban conversation. Not holding my breath.   

On 1/18/2021 at 4:54 PM, auburn4ever said:

I bet Rodney Garner will be jumping on to their ship. If coach Harsin doesn't hurry up and retain T-Will, Steele or Garner will bring him to Tenn.

That would be great.  Addition by subtraction at both spots.

14 hours ago, TigerCatcher said:

He's an institution alright. 😂

Gotta love some a4e. 

On 1/19/2021 at 7:02 AM, wildlife alumni said:

Maybe the NCAA feels bad for the bammers. If they investigate them Dodge would take such a hit on Charger sales it may never recover. Not to mention they would have to change their dogs name back from Nick to Bear and get their tattoos fixed again. 😆

You mean kids names.  

I agree that JP is radioactive and toxic right now. And, much like Freeze, I think SEC Commish will not let him back in the league until he serves some level of punishment.

As long as Mark Emmert is the head of the NCAA, Saban and the Bammers have nothing to worry about. They break a 1000 rules and Emmert will always look the other way. Heck, he already has since since Nicky was first hired at Bammer.

On 1/19/2021 at 10:26 AM, casatiger said:

Never quite understood why people assume that programs like Alabama in football and Duke in basketball don't have to pay recruits.   Cause kids or their families would rather not have the cash?  

There are those, even among the AU fans, who believe that success breeds success, and since Bama is very successful, they bring in the cream of the crop. Like I said in my post, that is probably true NOW, but I do believe, and there have been evidence of things going in Bama's favor as far as recruiting the top players, when Saban started at Bama, he got a lot of "help" luring those players. You also have those who say that "every team cheats," some of those will turn around and say that Malzahn ran a clean program How can every team cheat, but Auburn was a clean program? I for one do not believe every team cheats. If AU cheated, would we be losing 4-5 games every year? Wouldn't AU have more than 2 national championships if AU cheated to get the top recruits in the county? 

DON"T CHEAT!! 

I have 2 issues with cheating.

1.   Just because you pay some high school recruit doesn't mean they will be good in college.  They still have to practice hard,  work out,  study,  stay out of trouble, study the plays, learn technique  and get along with the rest of the team. 

2.   There are no secrets.    esp. in today's anonymous  information age.    Someone is going to talk.   A few paid players will get their feeling hurt about something, and dig up the bodies.  A different recruit will hear about it and be jealous they did not get paid and narc.

Archived