The Republican Party

homersapien

5 minutes ago, Grumps said:

You do realize that there is a HUGE difference between an insurrection and "an angry mob of people gathered for a common purpose acting in an attempt to stop the certification of an election in this country", don't you? People have a right to act anti-American!

I don't care if we call it a bad case of heartburn, it was nonetheless in conflict with the oath of office taken by the former President.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Grumps said:

So "stop the steal" and "save the country" were those the words that incited the "insurrection"?

The democrats don't have to be proven right. How could they possibly be wrong?

"Stop the steal" - the idea that the election was stolen from Trump - is obviously the core motivating principle behind the insurrection. (And yes, deliberately trying to stop the electorial college certification via violence is most definitely a seditious insurrection.)

So the next question is who exactly is responsible for creating and fomenting the big lie that the election was stolen?

Damn Grumps,  I don't know if you have a point, but your posts suggest you are in total denial.

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

I don't care if we call it a bad case of heartburn, it was nonetheless in conflict with the oath of office taken by the former President.

You know that Trump didn't tell anyone to break into the capitol. Your hatred of Trump makes you think it is okay to have (another) sham impeachment just because Trump is a bad person. Own it.

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

"Stop the steal" - the idea that the election was stolen from Trump - is obviously the core motivating principle behind the insurrection. (And yes, deliberately trying to stop the electorial college ratification via violence is most definitely a seditious insurrection.)

So the next question is who exactly is responsible for creating and fomenting the big lie that the election was stolen?

Damn Grumps,  I don't know if you have a point, but your posts suggest you are in denial.

My point is that bad orange man is out of office. Let it go. You know he didn't tell anyone to break into the capitol. You know that those idiots who broke into the capitol building were not trying to overthrow anything. You know it.

So what if Trump mistakenly thinks he won the election? Is that worth an impeachment? Impeachment is now a joke. The idiot republicans are now probably planning to impeach VP Harris if they gain control of the HOR in 2022 for her incitement of violence back during the summer. Impeachment may become a status symbol.

16 hours ago, Grumps said:

You believe that a vast conspiracy among people that have never spoken to each other and do not know each other worked in unison to overthrow our government? That kind of rejection of reality is why our government just wasted time with an impeachment hearing and why 75 million people think the democrats are borderline insane.

Well, that illustrates at least one of your problems - you don't understand the phenomenon of social media - you know, on the internet?  :rolleyes:

You apparently think mobs in modern times need person to person phone calls or meetings to coalesce???    (Ever looked into the "Arab Spring"?)

Damn Gumps, but you are making a fool of yourself.   :ucrazy:

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Well, that illustrates at least one of your problems - you don't understand the phenomenon of social media - you know, on the internet?  :rolleyes:

You apparently think mobs in modern times need person to person phone calls or meetings to coalesce???    (Ever looked into the "Arab Spring"?)

Damn Gumps, but you are making a fool of yourself.   :ucrazy:

Just show me the words where Trump used social media or his voice to tell people to break into the capitol building and I will gladly say that I am wrong.

Just let it go, homer. You can do it!

On 1/31/2021 at 11:21 AM, SaltyTiger said:

Obviously Trump remains popular with a lot of donors and voters. 

Reminds me of the phrase "Dumb and Dumber".

1 hour ago, Grumps said:

My point is that bad orange man is out of office. Let it go. You know he didn't tell anyone to break into the capitol. You know that those idiots who broke into the capitol building were not trying to overthrow anything. You know it.

So what if Trump mistakenly thinks he won the election? Is that worth an impeachment? Impeachment is now a joke. The idiot republicans are now probably planning to impeach VP Harris if they gain control of the HOR in 2022 for her incitement of violence back during the summer. Impeachment may become a status symbol.

• He told his followers that the only way he could lose the election was by fraud.
  • He continued to insist the election was fraudulent in spite of numerous court rejections of lawsuits claiming fraud (many by judges he appointed.)
  • He maintained the big lie of a stolen election continuously in rallys and tweets.
  • He encouraged his followers to attack state capitols and governors whom he considered to be his political enemies, some of which - like Michigan - served as dress rehearsals for violent insurrection prior to 1/6.
  • He promoted a rally at the capitol that coincided with the formal counting of the electoral college votes for the purpose of stopping it.  As part of this, he called on VP Pence to prevent the counting and later accused and blamed him for not doing so.  This was the origin of the rioters calling out to "hang" Pence.
  • He failed to intervene to stop the riot for at least 3 hours and clearly endorsed the concept of the riot in comments he made to Kevin McCarthy who was begging him to speak out.
  • He still refuses to admit the election wasn't stolen from him and there's no reason to believe he won't continue to push the big lie as a basis for his continued political activity.

So, if you want to claim he didn't use the literal words "break into the capitol" as proof of his innocence in inciting this whole episode, I don't know what to say to you.

You are obviously a cultist who is beyond redemption.  You and the rest of your fellow cultists are a cancer on the Republican Party - much less the country.

14 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Just show me the words where Trump used social media or his voice to tell people to break into the capitol building and I will gladly say that I am wrong.

Fool.  

25 minutes ago, Grumps said:

I know what they said they were doing.  I know what they did.  I know what they would have done had they caught some of the people they were looking for.

I also know that Trump didn't lift a finger to stop them.

You are a disgrace to our country and to yourself.

19 minutes ago, homersapien said:
  • He told his followers that the only way he could lose the election was by fraud.
  • He continued to insist the election was fraudulent in spite of numerous court rejections of lawsuits claiming fraud (many by judges he appointed.)
  • He maintained the big lie of a stolen election continuously in rallys and tweets.
  • He encouraged his followers to attack state capitols and governors whom he considered to be his political enemies, some of which - like Michigan - served as dress rehearsals for violent insurrection prior to 1/6.
  • He promoted a rally at the capitol that coincided with the formal counting of the electoral college votes for the purpose of stopping it.  As part of this, he called on VP Pence to prevent the counting and later accused and blamed him for not doing so.  This was the origin of the rioters calling out to "hang" Pence.
  • He failed to intervene to stop the riot for at least 3 hours and clearly endorsed the concept of the riot in comments he made to Kevin McCarthy who was begging him to speak out.
  • He still refuses to admit the election wasn't stolen from him and there's no reason to believe he will continue to push the big lie as a basis for his continued political activity.

So, if you want to claim he didn't use the literal words "break into the capitol" as proof of his innocence in inciting this whole episode, I don't know what to say to you.

You are obviously a cultist who is beyond redemption.  You and the rest of your fellow cultists are a cancer on the Republican Party - much less the country.

You should impeach us all!!!

15 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I know what they said they were doing.  I know what they did.  I know what they would have done had they caught some of the people they were looking for.

Did Biden lift a finger to stop them? Or McConnell or Pelosi or Schumer? Was it Trump's job to stop them? I would have thought it was the job of the Capitol Police or some other LEA. If you are correct that it was Trump's job to stop the people from breaking into the capitol then sure, punish him. But you know that was not his job.

19 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Thanks homer! As usual, you dems get to decide who are the good people and who are the bad people. With a few more impeachment hearings you all may have this country fixed!

18 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Did Biden lift a finger to stop them? Or McConnell or Pelosi or Schumer? Was it Trump's job to stop them? I would have thought it was the job of the Capitol Police or some other LEA. If you are correct that it was Trump's job to stop the people from breaking into the capitol then sure, punish him. But you know that was not his job.

You are ******* crazy!  

Do you really think Trump's rioters would have ceased and desisted had Biden (or McConnell, or Pelosi, etc.) asked them to stop?? 

YES it was Trump's job - actually "duty" since he was POTUS at the time - to stop them.  They were there on his behalf, he summoned them and they responded! 

I need to find another word for delusional.  You are completely GAGA.  :ucrazy:

18 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Thanks homer! As usual, you dems get to decide who are the good people and who are the bad people. With a few more impeachment hearings you all may have this country fixed!

Well, I am sure that Trump thought there were lots of good people trashing the capitol, injuring people, killing cops and threatening to murder legislators.  After all, he said he loved them and they should remember that day.

So maybe you're on to something, Democrats should get to decide who are the good people and who are the bad people.  It's obviously beyond your capacity.

13 minutes ago, homersapien said:

So maybe you're on to something, Democrats should get to decide who are the good people and who are the bad people.  It's obviously beyond your capacity.

Y'all already DO decide who the good people are and who the bad people are. You are correct about it being beyond my capacity.

On 2/14/2021 at 1:53 PM, Grumps said:

Y'all already DO decide who the good people are and who the bad people are. You are correct about it being beyond my capacity.

Well, I wouldn't say the Democratic Party has sole authority on determining  who is good or bad.

But I would say the Republican Party certainly has no standing to do so, as they continue to demonstrate (as do you).

51 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Hey Big Bird.  This post would be exhibit "A" in a debate concerning the propriety of using insults against other posters with differing opinions.

Maybe insults are counter-productive,  but damn! 

Trump did try to stop them from being violent and rowdy. He put out a strongly worded tweet which he was sure would ensure a peaceful visit. But, alas, his Twitter account was frozen, banned, banished by who?  Liberal free speech deniers. So it is actually Jack’s fault that Trump was unable to manage the rally’s post speech activities.

13 hours ago, AU9377 said:

That literally means nothing.  Dominion machines are not designed with some built in ability to skew an election.  That is fantasy.  I don't think this.  I know this.  Specifically, I know the Dominion system that Georgia uses.  That system is built to produce an actual paper ballot backup for each vote, which is deposited into the system when the vote is cast.  These same bizarre allegations were made in Georgia.  Every case filed in State and Federal court also pointed to this narrative.  In each and every instance, after reviewing everything, those cases were dismissed. Trump appointed judges made many of those decisions.  Judges, election officials and many legislators consider their loyalty to be first and foremost to this country.  A party or political candidate should be down the list and should never be placed above the constitution and our elected form of government.

Dominion has now filed suit against several sources of misinformation.  They are clearly not concerned about their systems being reviewed.  The State of Georgia went as far as to send 8 machines randomly selected to an independent IT firm for inspection.  The results were conclusive that there was nothing wrong with the software.  A Republican Secretary of State and a Republican State Elections Supervisor sent machines to an IT firm of their choosing and those were the results.  Trump has acted with no sense of decency or respect for this country.  Any man worth being respected would have rushed to prevent what happened on Jan 6th from happening.  Instead, he relished in the event like the spoiled entitled child he is.

Didn’t really expect you to care as that would not fit your narrative. But you asked for evidence and you got it.  Several states has similar irregularities. Most cases were not adjudicated due to standing not merit.  You didn’t think they would send a machine to audit with bad software do you?

4 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

That facepalm from Mr Myopic was worth a chortle just now. :lmao:

Welcome back, you were missed.

2 hours ago, Grumps said:

You know that Trump didn't tell anyone to break into the capitol. Your hatred of Trump makes you think it is okay to have (another) sham impeachment just because Trump is a bad person. Own it.

I don't hate the man. I am disappointed in the man.  He could have used his unexpected win in 2016 to reshape political dialogue.  He had the opportunity to lead the Republican party on a path of inclusion and strengthen our position around the globe.  He had the ear of many people across the country that would have made every effort to reach out to their fellow citizens simply because he told them it was best for this country.  Instead, he made the decision to be self serving.  He made the decision to be as divisive as possible in order to solidify the base and their allegiance to him personally.  He is an example of how not to lead. The best leaders want an educated voice in the room telling them when they are wrong and why. They are capable of digesting constructive criticism.  Instead of being a mature confident leader, Trump allowed his insecurities to control his actions.  He attacked anyone not in total agreement with him and usually soon thereafter attacked them personally in an effort to belittle their value. 

I give him credit for one thing more than any other.  I now respect George W. Bush in a way that I would have thought impossible at one time.  Even though I disagreed with Bush on many things, most importantly the needless waste of lives that resulted from our occupation of Iraq, I admire the respect he had for the office.

22 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Didn’t really expect you to care as that would not fit your narrative. But you asked for evidence and you got it.  Several states has similar irregularities. Most cases were not adjudicated due to standing not merit.  You didn’t think they would send a machine to audit with bad software do you?

That isn't evidence.  That is an opinion written as analysis.  It has little value as evidentiary proof of anything.  Do you honestly think that men who voted for Trump would be conspiring against him winning the election? Seriously./

3 hours ago, Grumps said:

So what if Trump mistakenly thinks he won the election? Is that worth an impeachment? 

The fact you believe Trump is "mistaken" instead of knowing full well he's pushing a lie has diminished all of your arguments. Trump is privy to the information on all this, and he had plenty of people in his camp telling him there was zero credible evidence of mass fraud. The only way he truly believes he won is if his narcissism runs so deep he has managed to completely delude himself. I admit that's a possibility, but it would also mean he is unfit for office.

I asked earlier if you believe it is an impeachable offense to attempt to block the certifying of an election based on a lie, but you never answered. Care to do so now? 

3 hours ago, Grumps said:

Hell, Grumps, even Moscow Mitch gets it:

"The Senate minority leader condemned Trump’s actions as a “disgraceful, disgraceful dereliction of duty” and said he held Trump “practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of the day.” McConnell continued:

The people who stormed this building believed they were acting on the wishes and instruction of their president. And their having that belief was a foreseeable consequence of the growing crescendo of false statements, conspiracy theories, and reckless hyperbole which the defeated president kept shouting into the largest megaphone on planet Earth. The issue is not only the president’s intemperate language on January 6 … It was also the entire manufactured atmosphere of looming catastrophe, the increasingly wild myths about a reverse landslide election that was somehow being stolen by some secret coup by our now-president."

Archived