Auburn Fishing Team Sispended

provibe

Just read that Auburn’s entire fishing team has been suspended through the 2022 season for breaking some Covid regulation! Is this what Auburn University has become!

I think the AL news media is really digging the bottom of the barrel for negative Auburn press now. Not sure what they did bc it does not say in the article. The one thing I’m pretty sure if is that I’ve never seen the bass fishing team mentioned in the news til now.

Surely someone knows some of the guys on the team to get the true reasons...

But to ban them seems harsh, since it is a Covid issue, unless the rules were written and everyone knew the punishment. If not, then they should appeal it.

Did hear that University is not real supportive of the club team...not sure if that is true either....

11 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

It is a catch and release issue...

Definitely something fishy going on, but I have to admit — the story hooked me.

9 minutes ago, aubcali said:

Definitely something fishy going on, but I have to admit — the story hooked me.

I’m sure you bought it hook, line and sinker. 

ETA; I couldn’t resist. 

I don’t know how to do links but you can go to YouTube, type in Auburn fishing team and then click on video by Chad Hoover. Good bit of info on this video!

25 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I’m sure you bought it hook, line and sinker. 

ETA; I couldn’t resist. 

You mean stinker...as in your post. :)

48 minutes ago, provibe said:

I don’t know how to do links but you can go to YouTube, type in Auburn fishing team and then click on video by Chad Hoover. Good bit of info on this video!

I’m curious what type of violations to the COVID rules were made, but the University is clearly pissed about the disregard on 3 separate trips to even ban their representation on social media. Can’t even wear Auburn Fishing apparel.

Auburn University needs to either state specifically what the team did or needs to reverse the suspension. I have always been offended when Auburn people use the term "JABA" but I am starting to think it may have some merit.

3 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I’m curious what type of violations to the COVID rules were made, but the University is clearly pissed about the disregard on 3 separate trips to even ban their representation on social media. Can’t even wear Auburn Fishing apparel.

I have been told that a team picture without masks was one of the supposed violations. 

11 hours ago, alexava said:

I have been told that a team picture without masks was one of the supposed violations. 

Got to be more than that. 

I thought it primarily had to do with the university shutting down all club sports due to covid, and the bass club still went on and participated in fishing tournaments violating the school's decision. They were supposedly warned, but continued to do the tournaments. 

I hope it was much more that this...And I don't understand or agree that the university should have totally shut down club sports, but our athletic department teams, went on and played late last year, and ofc this spring. If that is true, the discrepancy in who could still play or not was not fair.

13 hours ago, Grumps said:

Auburn University needs to either state specifically what the team did or needs to reverse the suspension. I have always been offended when Auburn people use the term "JABA" but I am starting to think it may have some merit.

"JABA" didn't just invent itself.

2 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Got to be more than that. 

I thought it primarily had to do with the university shutting down all club sports due to covid, and the bass club still went on and participated in fishing tournaments violating the school's decision. They were supposedly warned, but continued to do the tournaments. 

I hope it was much more that this...And I don't understand or agree that the university should have totally shut down club sports, but our athletic department teams, went on and played late last year, and ofc this spring. If that is true, the discrepancy in who could still play or not was not fair.

I was told it was “ one of three “ strikes against them. Fishing tournaments are safer than going to the grocery store. The high school fishing associations were the only high school sports to resume their seasons last spring.probably because  they are only tied to the school by name. Not even regulated by AHSAA. 

I have heard that the team committed 3 violations, but were never warned until after they had committed all 3 offenses and that one of them was committed last July. If you have seen any of their videos, you can see that they represented Auburn extremely well! I just don’t believe that they deliberately broke rules; Hope I am not wrong.

My understanding is that they were suspended because they fished tournaments as unaffiliated but they have Auburn boat wraps on Their personal boats. They weren’t given a warning, just got an email from Keegan Ashby Director of Club teams. I think if this is true, he needs another job. There was not an appeal process at all. As the Auburn sponsored teams could compete but the clubs couldn’t. 😡😡🤬

Archived