2021 Helmets Design

toddc

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it's still April 1 but just in case,  I still prefer a matte finish if we go to blue helmets. 

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

I know it's still April 1 but just in case,  I still prefer a matte finish if we go to blue helmets. 

Absolutely.  

a0435f0dd87befaf8cf881b6661ae515.jpg

11 hours ago, gr82be said:

9 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Absolutely.  

a0435f0dd87befaf8cf881b6661ae515.jpg

Now that it's April 2, I can say in all seriousness that I have wanted this for years.

Not a big fan of going blue on the helmets, but agree that the matte finish is a better look. 

I'm a traditionalist when it comes to uniforms, but if the players like it, and it might help us in recruiting, then who am I to argue?

19 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Now that it's April 2, I can say in all seriousness that I have wanted this for years.

Im with you in this Camp! I was sold at the first moment I saw it. 

11 minutes ago, SaturdayGT said:

Old school! | Auburn tigers football, Auburn football, Auburn logo Id love to see this on a helmet!

As would I. Just to see what it would look like.

And now I'm wondering why I can't remember ever having seen a logo where the eagle's wings form the U. Surely somebody out there has done this? Not even saying I would love it. Just one of those moments where something seems so obvious but I don't know that I've actually seen it.

37 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Not a big fan of going blue on the helmets, but agree that the matte finish is a better look. 

I'm a traditionalist when it comes to uniforms, but if the players like it, and it might help us in recruiting, then who am I to argue?

I’m with you. Not a fan of the blue. Love the traditional look. Pandering is kind of desperate imo 

Auburn can save that for social media 

I know it's April Fools but those blue helmets/matte finish look great.

Players and recruits love it, so give it to them.  Old people can deal with it

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

I know it's April Fools but those blue helmets/matte finish look great.

Players and recruits love it, so give it to them.  Old people can deal with it

The modern fan lol 

1 hour ago, woodford said:

The modern fan lol 

Things change, Grandpa.  It's ok to do new things.  We'll still say the creed and sing glory to ole Auburn

People that yell tradition don't make any sense.  These our the unis form the 30s.  Does tradition just start when you were born & that's all know?

Our "modern day" unis are really just the late 50s forward

auburn football uniforms 1933

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Things change, Grandpa.  It's ok to do new things.  We'll still say the creed and sing glory to ole Auburn

The fear of change is incredibly strong in many of these folks. It's the same flat earth thinking that turns every rule change into "a slippery slope" or, my favorite, "the end of <insert here> as we know it". 

Let these folks call the shots and we'd still be running from animals instead of throwing rocks at them because "that's how we always done it" and "throwin rocks is for them sissies out on the Left Coast".

Even A4E doesn't bring up orange facemasks like clockwork every year. I wish they'd change everything just so we can forget it. It'll improve recruiting right? That's how bama, clemson and ohio st. get recruits, right?

13 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Even A4E doesn't bring up orange facemasks like clockwork every year. I wish they'd change everything just so we can forget it. It'll improve recruiting right? That's how bama, clemson and ohio st. get recruits, right?

bama and Ohio St. get them by being state schools that put a massive priority on leveraging their built-in competitive advantages to win at football (and other sports). 

Clemson is experiencing a very unusual and likely unsustainable run of dominance due to an unlikely combination of coaching acumen and stability. It doesn't hurt that they have a cake walk through their conference each season. Did you know that the ACC has 10 total bowl wins over the last 3 seasons, Clemson has 3 of those, and neither FSU nor Miami has any of them?

Anyway. That's all getting off point. If anyone said that we *need* to do it for recruiting, I don't agree. We don't *need* to do it for any reason. What nobody has provided a compelling reason for is why not. "*Hock spit* just cuz" isn't exactly compelling. 

PS- It would be a huge revenue generator for the school. 

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

People that yell tradition don't make any sense.  These our the unis form the 30s.  Does tradition just start when you were born & that's all know?

Late 50’s that’s 60+ years. Those uniforms aren’t bad, I just prefer our classic look. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

The fear of change is incredibly strong in many of these folks. It's the same flat earth thinking that turns every rule change into "a slippery slope" or, my favorite, "the end of <insert here> as we know it". 

Let these folks call the shots and we'd still be running from animals instead of throwing rocks at them because "that's how we always done it" and "throwin rocks is for them sissies out on the Left Coast".

Yeah, flat earth folks from the 17th century are the same as people who don’t want a college football uniform to change. 

31 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

There is many ways to create excitement.  Straight up pay them, being the "fun" school, winning championships ect.

No reason to limit yourself.  Do 'em all

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

I think an "updated" version of either of those would look pretty cool.  Just my opinion.  

6 minutes ago, woodford said:

Late 50’s that’s 60+ years. Those uniforms aren’t bad, I just prefer our classic look. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

that's not really the "classic" look.  it's only classic to you b/c that's your experience.  Someone older would see these as different b/c it's not what we wore for the first 60 years of our existence.

I love our uniforms.  don't get me wrong.  but there is no harm in having some fun and doing some one-off designs.

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Old people can deal with it

Hey I resemble that remark and I like the blue ones. :)

I like that matte blue helmet, but put an orange AU logo with white outline. That white au logo looks kind of weird. Auburn doesn’t use a white AU logo on a blue background much. It’s always orange.

Archived