Really Alabama? No Yoga because we are afraid of the Hindus?

AU9377

Disclaimer: I have not been a resident of Alabama since 1992, when yoga in schools was apparently still legal. Guy Hunt was governor until April of 1993, and I wonder if his signature was on the yoga ban...would not be surprising.

This is the sort of dumb s*** that feeds the negative stereotypes people have of Alabama, and as usual, it's a few ill-informed dipsticks that make the whole lot look bad.

Like Jeff Foxworthy said in one of his old routines, "Southerners are just as smart as anyone else in the country. We just can't keep the most ignorant among us off the television."

Yoga ban needs to be removed post-haste.

Please, though, don't tell some of those idgit legislators about Arabic numerals. 😮

My son is now in college. I would bet that he leaves the SE as soon as he graduates. He has developed a quick wit and a disdain for the GOB narrative in everything in our culture. We mock those with Confederate Flags, PCV (Penis Compensation Vehicles), and hidden racial issues. 

6 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

My son is now in college. I would bet that he leaves the SE as soon as he graduates. He has developed a quick wit and a disdain for the GOB narrative in everything in our culture. We mock those with Confederate Flags, PCV (Penis Compensation Vehicles), and hidden racial issues. 

I left, came back, left again and came back for good.  Most every part of the country has its own issues, but we seem to make it easy for people to point and laugh at times.

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

Explain some more?

It was a joke. Hinduism is a pantheistic religion, and the "creeping" was referencing the silly creeping Sharia meme. 

Sorry i missed the joke. I didnt connect creeping to an old Right Wing narrative. 

On 4/3/2021 at 2:32 PM, AU9377 said:

I left, came back, left again and came back for good.  Most every part of the country has its own issues, but we seem to make it easy for people to point and laugh at times.

I left........

There will be no coming back.

On 4/3/2021 at 7:07 AM, SLAG-91 said:

This is the sort of dumb s*** that feeds the negative stereotypes people have of Alabama, and as usual, it's a few ill-informed dipsticks that make the whole lot look bad.

I mostly agree, but one thing that is increasingly frustrating is how Alabama seems to always elect those ill-informed dipsticks to represent us in politics. It becomes hard to keep telling the world their stereotype's about us  are wrong when we continually enforce it ourselves by the people we pick to lead us. 

5 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

I left........

There will be no coming back.

That'll very likely be me as well, at least as a resident. I've been gone for almost 29 years, and I have no family that lives in Alabama any longer, either (all in Chattanooga now). It's not philosophical...just nothing there for me any longer.

50 minutes ago, SLAG-91 said:

That'll very likely be me as well, at least as a resident. I've been gone for almost 29 years, and I have no family that lives in Alabama any longer, either (all in Chattanooga now). It's not philosophical...just nothing there for me any longer.

I come back to visit family and see football about once a year. That's more than enough for me.

There's nothing about living in Alabama that I find appealing.

14 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I mostly agree, but one thing that is increasingly frustrating is how Alabama seems to always elect those ill-informed dipsticks to represent us in politics. It becomes hard to keep telling the world their stereotype's about us  are wrong when we continually enforce it ourselves by the people we pick to lead us. 

A microcosm of America. See our country's leadership.  

Archived