Sure looking like it was a bad move for Seth to leave early

TitanTiger

9 hours ago, AUght2win said:

You're overthinking it. Auburn fans just want what's best for our kids. Just like anybody you care about, you get upset when you see them not living up to their potential or making bad life choices.

If Auburn fans hated or didn't care about Seth, this wouldn't be a thread. I've heard Bama fans say verbatim "I don't care about our guys once they leave." 

I'm not over thinking anything. I'm just honest and point it out. Or you could be missing it, you can go in a game thread and easily see people be all over a certain guy and pulling for another and completely miss what's actually happening in a game. Football and basketball. Last year you can look at SW and then look at Bo. Or you can see it with smoke on defense. In basketball you could see how hardly anybody could see what Flannigan is but were in love with the kid that left....

I understand that everybody has their favorites or whatnot but to a point where you rip the reason you get the few wins that you do is stupid

10 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Haha. I know what it is to be an athlete. I played all sports but stuck with the arts. If you read my post I'm critical but still want him to succeed. 

I've met very few athletes who think going up and high pointing balls with one hand even at times is nothing....I mean if it's just once I know people can say well that's luck but if you can literally consistently dominate I've never seen it scoffed off. Like I've never seen people say Calvin Johnson is just tall. 

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

To question a person's effort is so hilarious to me. How can people who can't even come close to performing on the level question what to do?

I can go to a little league game or a Major League game and know the difference in running out a ground ball with full effort or not.  Observations can be made without being a master in that craft. But remember, my opinion is not what this thread is based on. It’s based on a specific players draft stock falling significantly. Very qualified draft experts made some of these observations and a lot of (not all) fans agree. 

Then on top of that how is it when certain people do the same thing it's ok but for others it's not. It's stupid

Again, this thread is not about Bo or others. We can create a thread analyzing players versus other players if we want too. This is about a very specific players draft status. 

I wish SW well and hope he has a lengthy and prosperous career. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I can go to a little league game or a Major League game and know the difference in running out a ground ball with full effort or not.  Observations can be made without being a master in that craft. But remember, my opinion is not what this thread is based on. It’s based on a specific players draft stock falling significantly. Very qualified draft experts made some of these observations and a lot of (not all) fans agree. 

Again, this thread is not about Bo or others. We can create a thread analyzing players versus other players if we want too. This is about a very specific players draft status. 

I wish SW well and hope he has a lengthy and prosperous career. 

Again if you don't understand that the thought of the starting QB performance is a MAJOR variable in the question should he have stayed or left then I don't know what to tell you, but I can tell you I'm going to speak about it because I'm going to answer the question thoroughly.

And where was Seth's stock and who were the very qualified draft experts that made these observations?

A third of this thread is people who never spoke a word to this guy saying he's a "me" guy without an ounce of evidence.And he thinks he's better than he is, and he just wins jump balls. The excuses of having to run the same routes over and over, the o line, the mediocre QB that can't throw down field and all of that isn't discussed

Coincidently the same people who see the same thing in someone else and say man this guy wants to win so much and he's the most competitive guy ever! And all the excuses in the world...

If it was me and I'd been frustrated because my QB can't get me the ball consistently and it turns out that it's going to be a major job trying to make him right? I'd just go ahead and bet on myself too. And hope I can get a shot somewhere with a team with a QB. If Rodgers end up in Denver??? Like I said I predict this will be a funny thread in the future.

• Like 2

Again if you don't understand that the thought of the starting QB performance is a MAJOR variable in the question should he have stayed or left then I don't know what to tell you, but I can tell you I'm going to speak about it because I'm going to answer the question thoroughly.

And where was Seth's stock and who were the very qualified draft experts that made these observations?

I am confused.   

It is the same QB (most likely AT LEAST a LITTLE  bit better.)   If Nix  is not good enough to help SW improve his stock this year,  what makes you think Nix was good enough for Seth to leave with 1 year less experience, only knowing a Gus'  philosophy, and still have a shot at a higher draft pick?

A new coach and new philosophy sounds scary,  but they would increase his football knowledge and make him more valuable.   Even if (god forbid)  Harsin  and Nix both flop.    Similar to letting your kids get their college education outside the state where they obtained their high school education.    A whole new system, philosophy and perspective, not just a regurgitation of the same thing.  

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
still learning to use the alphabet correctly to form words.

53 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

I am confused.   

It is the same QB (most likely AT LEAST a LITTLE  bit better.)   If Nix  is not good enough to help SW improve his stock this year,  what makes you think Nix was good enough for Seth to leave with 1 year less experience, only knowing a Gus'  philosophy, and still have a shot at a higher draft pick?

A new coach and new philosophy sounds scary,  but they would increase his football knowledge and make him more valuable.   Even if (god forbid)  Harsin  and Nix both flop.    Similar to letting your kids get their college education outside the state where they obtained their high school education.    A whole new system, philosophy and perspective, not just a regurgitation of the same thing.  

I think Gus only had one offense that show cased two wr's. It was usually heavy to the number 1 guy. Also Bo learning a new offense on top of that a more Pro type. Alot of stuff will be new so a drop before it gets better could certainly happen

• Like 1

I think he should have waited until next year to go in the draft, but it could have been worse.  He could have transferred to a more stable situation with a more consistent QB play and better OL for 2021.  This board would have flipped out.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

A third of this thread is people who never spoke a word to this guy saying he's a "me" guy without an ounce of evidence.

There's tons of evidence. His lack of effort between the 20s is literally the primary note in his draft profile. 

24 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

There's tons of evidence. His lack of effort between the 20s is literally the primary note in his draft profile. 

That's two different things that what you quoted, but one guy says something so it's true? Reminds me how EVERY athletic qb on earth isn't accurate and how EVERY slow stiff qb is cerebral and accurate......ok

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

That's two different things that what you quoted, but one guy says something so it's true? Reminds me how EVERY athletic qb on earth isn't accurate and how EVERY slow stiff qb is cerebral and accurate......ok

Lack of effort is selfish. You're costing your team.

34 minutes ago, cole256 said:

That's two different things that what you quoted, but one guy says something so it's true? 

I've seen this suggested in nearly every draft profile for SW out there. It's pretty universally accepted.

I'll agree that QB1 and OLine and coach change probably pushed him into the draft, but that didn't make it the RIGHT choice.

He's betting on him, which is his prerogative,  but it doesn't make it the best thing for him.

Feel free to defend him but there is ample evidence to suggest that he could have played this decision better.

Edited by WDE_OxPx_2010

Glad he got drafted.   Whole new ball game.      Money is a great motivator  but everyone in the league has talent 

24 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

I've seen this suggested in nearly every draft profile for SW out there. It's pretty universally accepted.

I'll agree that QB1 and OLine and coach change probably pushed him into the draft, but that didn't make it the RIGHT choice.

He's betting on him, which is his prerogative,  but it doesn't make it the best thing for him.

Feel free to defend him but there is ample evidence to suggest that he could have played this decision better.

Nobody will know that until the future plays out. And I guess I've read different profiles than you.....but ok he was selfish why guys that sucked really really wants to win though....

50 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Lack of effort is selfish. You're costing your team.

No being a o line but can't block cost a team. Being a qb but don't even have the drive to learn the basics of an 8 th grader is selfish. Being a coach who says run deep every other play cost your team. Jumping up catching a ball over 3 guys with one hand actually helps. Literally winning 3 games making plays during crunch time actually helps other people think the other guys has potential.

You pick who you want to trash though

• Like 1

As a Bronco fan I am excited that he might just figure it out and the Broncos get a great sleeper in this draft. 

But it's a real crowded situation in the WR room in Denver - with some decent talent and all higher draft picks that he will have to overcome to get any playing time. And beating out DeSean Hamilton and Tim Patrick will be brutal - they both had good seasons and played up above their predicted talent. Starters Courtland Sutton and Jerry Jeudy(who was pedestrian last year) are both really high picks and it will take a lot of Jeudy drops to get a shot to start. A dream scenario would be they trade Jeudy in the Aaron Rodgers deal and he gets a chance to show up.

What I always felt Seth's best ability was on the comeback and off shoulder fade throws - he was incredible at those and if he gets a chance to show that off he has a chance to stick. If he were smart the first thing he does is get on plane and meet up with Drew Lock and Teddy Bridgewater and start working on that back shoulder fade. Of course if he gets to do that with Aaron Rodgers - even better. 

So can he keep his ego in check when he's not starting? I hope so. 

Edited by difball
  • Like 1

As far as statistics I mean you overall have more of a chance to fail than succeeded. That's just common sense....so saying yeah he won't make it isn't some super smart analytic thing to do

I'm just tripped out how people on this board want to kill you for saying a guy sucks when he sucks and has all the negative stuff with the guys that are productive

• Like 1

Two things are clear after reading this thread:

1) There is no clear consensus on whether Seth is better off having left and gotten drafted or should have stayed another year

2) @cole256seems to be returning to form after his recent operation 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, fredst said:

Two things are clear after reading this thread:

1) There is no clear consensus on whether Seth is better off having left and gotten drafted or should have stayed another year

2) @cole256seems to be returning to form after his recent operation 

I mean I know if nothing else you have to see this. If anybody has behaved like a selfish ass hole you know who he is but the guys that won't let you say a peep about him is very active in downing this guy......the most this guy has done is get frustrated when his QB performance sucks like every wr worth a grain of salt does but another guy yelling at his coach yelling at his teammates and not even good has all the potential in the world.....

Actually I think I'll take another break. I just had the thought fans would support their best player the way they support the not so good ones. Once again this fan base doesn't let me down

11 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I mean I know if nothing else you have to see this. If anybody has behaved like a selfish ass hole you know who he is but the guys that won't let you say a peep about him is very active in downing this guy......the most this guy has done is get frustrated when his QB performance sucks like every wr worth a grain of salt does but another guy yelling at his coach yelling at his teammates and not even good has all the potential in the world.....

Actually I think I'll take another break. I just had the thought fans would support their best player the way they support the not so good ones. Once again this fan base doesn't let me down

I think Bo has been criticized more than any players in recent memory and the ones pumping him up are the minority on the boards. I agree SW was one of the best players on the team but it did seem like he would turn it up a notch when he wanted to. That’s what bothers me about him is he had all the tools but didn’t bring it on every play. Breaks my heart as a fan that I won’t get to see him dominate at Auburn this season like I believe he would have. I think he’s a steal at the draft going in the sixth round!

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I agree with you about Seth for the most part. I think that he’s got a tough go as a sixth-rounder but has the talent to pull it off; clubs just don’t have much invested financially or in PR on the sixth round guy making it so he really has to stand out.

I was also just yanking your chain😜It’s good to see you rounding back into form so quickly 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, difball said:

So can he keep his ego in check when he's not starting? I hope so.

Won't have a choice if he wants to stay at that level. Also, Wisconsin hates A.Rod now. I hope you guys are ready to give up everything and more to have him near his fiancé.

- Fellow Wisconsinite

Edited by DAG