What's going on in the Athletic Dept and Lt. Gen Burgess?

steeleagle

21 minutes ago, DAG said:

Not say anything. How you going to say someone is wrong and then not provide context.  I think he may have just been trying to be helpful as I have never known Bird to be mean like that.

Then add, but if you really want to know you just got to pay a fee. And how do you know the information they put out is even accurate? You sound crazy. Do you know these dudes in real life?  I don't know them in real life, no.  But I trust their info.  People that have commented were Golf, Bird, RIR, WDE, ellitor, and EMT.  I haven't really known any of them to spread false rumors.  People get it wrong sometimes, but if I were a betting man, I wouldn't say all of them are wrong at the same time.

I am just trying to think logical. If it is as bad as you are making it out to seem, why is he not fired or a mutual parting of ways by now? You are acting like he has some sort of hedge fund scandal.  I know you are trying to be logical, that is just who you are (complement, not a dis).

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I explained what I was saying in another post what I was saying. And I didn't insinuate racial issues I stated it's natural for you to want to argue with me and take up for everybody else on earth while pretending you have to break down and explain to me for me to understand. This is literally like the sixth time where you just jump in and say something like this.  Cole, you made that second post once you realized you indeed said what you said and you were trying to cover your tracks.  It was clearly directed at me alone.  And the main point was you never said the word troll, which you did and I called you on it.

I don't think it's what you said Cole. I think you misinterpreted what they are saying and it's really you that are wrong.....then I reply to you it's exactly what I said don't try to fix it. Then you reply Cole I'm one of the few people that like you so I have no reason to argue with you so clearly I'm right. And then when I say well you were wrong and maybe you need to look at yourself, you'll say I do look at myself remember back in 96 when I said this? And after time goes by and it's proven that I'm right you'll ignore that part and say I'm bringing up old stuff is the problem  Cole, it isn't that.  It is because you will never admit when you are wrong, so it isn't worth argument with someone who always thinks they are right.  It just isn't worth the continued arguments.

Edited by abw0004
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

See. Like clock work. So here you are telling me I wrote something to cover myself calling me a liar as if you have some sort of authority that would put me in a situation where I need to lie, but you are arguing for other people because you don't know them to be mean, or you don't think they would spread rumors......gtfoh. I'm just as good as them. I don't lie for anybody, and my character is as strong as all the other guys you look up to. I don't lie about s*** 

And your head is so far up your butt that you can't see that you are the one who always floats down in a conversation like God and pass judgement and can't see you are the person that can't admit they are wrong, because you would look very stupid to interject on behalf of someone and be wrong. But this is what like your fourth/fifth time now?

• Haha 1

Just a question, and I am probably totally not remembering this right...but hasn't AD Greene already "pursued" another AD job in the not so recent past? Like Stanford or something? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Just a question, and I am probably totally not remembering this right...but hasn't AD Greene already "pursued" another AD job in the not so recent past? Like Stanford or something? 

Yup. Or at a very minimum he is known to have been "open to new opportunities" for a couple years now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

See. Like clock work. So here you are telling me I wrote something to cover myself calling me a liar as if you have some sort of authority that would put me in a situation where I need to lie, but you are arguing for other people because you don't know them to be mean, or you don't think they would spread rumors......gtfoh. I'm just as good as them. I don't lie for anybody, and my character is as strong as all the other guys you look up to. I don't lie about s***  Look at the table of events below.  That is all you need to see.  No need to get upset and start to curse at me.  I will give you credit where you know basketball front to back.  But inside information on the program I will defer to others on here.

And your head is so far up your butt that you can't see that you are the one who always floats down in a conversation like God and pass judgement and can't see you are the person that can't admit they are wrong, because you would look very stupid to interject on behalf of someone and be wrong. But this is what like your fourth/fifth time now?  Why do you always feel the need to throw in insults?  Like seriously, grow up.  Talk about hard conversations to have with people.  I have not once called you names here when you are cursing at me, calling me a troll, and throwing a temper tantrum.

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

And I don't know this part to be true but it looks as you already have a situation of trolling passive aggressively the you don't know what we know stuff. But I just know football....

38 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Nobody said you were trolling.

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yup. Or at a very minimum he is known to have been "open to new opportunities" for a couple years now.

And I’m not saying that’s a bad thing. Just, a thing.

If it’s known that he has been/is actively seeking “greene-r” pastures, it makes sense to buffer the impact of him doing so. Having someone in place to keep the ship pointed in the right direction, so to speak.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I've been trying to end this for a while now. I don't know why I keep giving you the benefit of doubt, I've certainly been warned. Just so dramatic. You constantly want stuff to be about you. Now you're being called names huh? And it's hilarious you can't understand. Or sad. Was talking about pt nobody was talking about you. But I see you do it to other people as well. 

And I'm having a tantrum lol ok. And I don't need a stamp of approval from you. Never claimed to know inside info it's actually funny because it's apparent nobody consistently does. Oh but it's not just basketball, it's football too but I don't need you to tell me that either. Just go do what you do. Please

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I've been trying to end this for a while now. I don't know why I keep giving you the benefit of doubt, I've certainly been warned. Just so dramatic. You constantly want stuff to be about you. Now you're being called names huh? And it's hilarious you can't understand. Or sad. Was talking about pt nobody was talking about you. But I see you do it to other people as well.  Yes I am the one being dramatic calling names and cursing.  😂  And you still won't even concede you were calling me a troll when I had you dead to rights?  Go chill out man, seriously.  This isn't you.  If you want to PM me to hash this out like adults my door is always open.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

No seriously.  You can't call me a troll and then say you never said it.  Did you, or did you not say this:

And at the same time you and others can't seriously come here and say that there is some earth shattering, terrible things happening with all of this and then crawfish once people question the legitimacy of it. The reason I question this is because I know the rant and other boards would have exploded by now if true. Bad news travels fast. It just doesn't make sense to me. There is zero public indication as of right now that this is anything more than coaches upset about budgets, bus rides, etc. Y'all really are making it seem like a scandal. I think y'all said that if what y'all are saying on the donor boards is true, then AG needs to be run out of town asap. If AG did something so bad or if there was some huge scandal, the university would have quickly moved to remove him from his position. This is crazy talk

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, au302 said:

And at the same time you and others can't seriously come here and say that there is some earth shattering, terrible things happening with all of this and then crawfish once people question the legitimacy of it. The reason I question this is because I know the rant and other boards would have exploded by now if true. Bad news travels fast. It just doesn't make sense to me. There is zero public indication as of right now that this is anything more than coaches upset about budgets, bus rides, etc. Y'all really are making it seem like a scandal. I think y'all said that if what y'all are saying on the donor boards is true, then AG needs to be run out of town asap. If AG did something so bad or if there was some huge scandal, the university would have quickly moved to remove him from his position. This is crazy talk

What else do you want us to do if it is information that can only be talked about on the donor side?  It’s against forum rules to post VIP information and disrespectful to the posters posting their information.  So it’s like being stuck between a rock and a hard place.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

PM for what? You call me a liar and I'm supposed to jump in your PM's why? I told you a long time ago you confuse things regularly. You just confused yourself again. No big deal. If you actually read stuff instead of being focused on the reply you'll even see I didn't call you a name and you made that up as well! So yeah dramatic. And ok if I curse I curse that's a personal preference, you are reading you can just assume I'm mad. But I could also literally be laughing about this as I read it outloud

11 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Oh but I will say I don't appreciatebeing called a liar then in the same thread see you taking up for every other Tom Dick and Harry? That shows me where we're at and we can't be cool after that. Who'd want to be cool with a liar. So I will say I appreciate you for showing me where we at

20 hours ago, RunInRed said:

After a few years here, do you consider him a good fundraiser?

So I'm guessing everyone is now in the boat that he's not responsible for the FOF at all?

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

PM for what?

If you still wanted to talk and get to the bottom of why the argument blew up and hash it out without dragging the forum down with us.  I won’t reply to the other part because it is just getting into bickering (on both sides, I have a part to play in this too).  The PM suggestion was not malicious.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DAG said:

And there it is 

It's kinda remarkable how clear it's being made

• Like 2

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

It's kinda remarkable how clear it's being made

Other than your Bo takes you make sense. I know you get joked on and when I do it rightfully so, but you make sense sometimes

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

What else do you want us to do if it is information that can only be talked about on the donor side?  It’s against forum rules to post VIP information and disrespectful to the posters posting their information.  So it’s like being stuck between a rock and a hard place.  

How about not speak about it if you can’t share? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Other than your Bo takes you make sense. I know you get joked on and when I do it rightfully so, but you make sense sometimes

He is one of my favorite posters believe it or not 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

but you had a good bit of the fan base beating their chest and screaming about their hate of Nike.....but when we are here looking second rate we want heads to rol

Feel like if Auburn was smart they'd try to go to Jumpman

11 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I understand that and I don't expect or want you or anyone on this forum to disrespect posters in that manner. I'm just concerned about leaving serious but vague accusations so to speak on the public side of the forum that, rightly or not, are causing a lot of questions/rumors about our athletic director's work ethic, integrity, competence, etc. Maybe you or someone can clarify that there is no department shaking scandal with all of this without leaking VIP info or disrespecting posters?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

If you still wanted to talk and get to the bottom of why the argument blew up and hash it out without dragging the forum down with us.  I won’t reply to the other part because it is just getting into bickering (on both sides, I have a part to play in this too).  The PM suggestion was not malicious.

Oh nah I'm not going to you as if I did something wrong. It's pretty easy to see what happened you are pretty determined to say I called you a troll. I guess the most I can do is see how the wording may have led you to think that, but I explained it and you called me a liar. I know you can see that I didn't call you any names as well. So it is what it is. I'm just going to get back to joking and posting like I always do.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

He is one of my favorite posters believe it or not 

I wanted to do the wow reaction but that's Facebook 😂

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

And I’m not saying that’s a bad thing. Just, a thing.

If it’s known that he has been/is actively seeking “greene-r” pastures, it makes sense to buffer the impact of him doing so. Having someone in place to keep the ship pointed in the right direction, so to speak.

Excellent point

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, au302 said:

I understand that and I don't expect or want you or anyone on this forum to disrespect posters in that manner. I'm just concerned about leaving serious but vague accusations so to speak on the public side of the forum that, rightly or not, are causing a lot of questions/rumors about our athletic director's work ethic, integrity, competence, etc. Maybe you or someone can clarify that there is no department shaking scandal with all of this without leaking VIP info or disrespecting posters?

This is my biggest issue . It’s seems very disparaging to push a rumor like this on an Auburn employee without any concrete stuff. 

• Like 1